Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are a registered republican will you vote for Joe Biden?
Yes 22 17.05%
No 107 82.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 03:01 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I spend a lot of time in the VA waiting rooms in a republican state. This year there is a lot of discussion of the upcoming election. I find it interesting that almost every vet I have spoken to is voting for Biden. I did meet one who was solidly for Trump until I informed him that Trump was a draft-dodger. He was not aware of that fact and is now for Biden. No self respecting veteran would ever vote for a draft-dodger.

In this republican state there was a flood of Trump for president flags, bumper stickers, etc. in 2016, and yet this year you can count them on one hand. After the failed leadership of Trump to address Covid 19 resulting in massive deaths and loss of jobs across the country many residents here are done with Trump. Many say they are not voting for Biden but instead voting against Trump. No matter, Biden will get the vote.

Trump lies, people die.

Trump lies, people die. Now that's orginal.............

I'm a veteran and I have numerous veteran friends, most who did their initial active duty commitment and left. My wife is retired army, and I have two other friends who retired after full army careers. None of the veterans I know use VA medical care. Aside from veterans who have debilitating injuries/health issues from military duty/combat, I think it's safe to say most veterans who are encountering health issues that are common with advanced age utilize VA healthcare because they can't afford regular civilian health care.

Biden received draft deferments until he finished his higher education. Then he was declared ineligible for military service because of asthma. Bill Clinton also got draft deferments during his education, then joined, but never participated in ROTC. Once he got his high draft number (311) he dropped out of the ROTC program. Bill Clinton helped organize anti-war demonstrations. But technically, he wasn't a draft dodger. I'm a self respecting veteran (never saw combat) and I will vote for Trump.......again. - Peace out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 03:50 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am an independent that has Conservative values but I like to keep my options open.

Trump may have his faults but I feel that casting a vote for Creepy Uncle Joe Biden or any other Democrat is voting for the ultimate dismantling of America.

What has happened to the Democrat party? They have become a collection of bitter unhappy hypocrites and given their ridiculous schemes for our future they are a danger to America especially with the media supporting them.

What is really crazy is that what they accuse Trump of doing they have done themselves from quid pro Joe to Russian collusion.

Biden and the Dems don't deserve to win anything. It would be like rewarding a screaming full meltdown, throwing a tantrum, because they didn't get their way brat with ice cream.
Pot, meet kettle.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:52 PM

654 posts, read 364,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I just wanted to take a poll see how many republicans who have decided to vote for Joe Biden.
Center-right here. No, I won't be voting for Biden: (1) he's low-IQ and (2) the rabble that follows any Democratic candidate (lazy people who blame working people/white men/Christians for their problems and who demand free stuff) is not appealing to me.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:58 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
Center-right here. No, I won't be voting for Biden: (1) he's low-IQ and (2) the rabble that follows any Democratic candidate (lazy people who blame working people/white men/Christians for their problems and who demand free stuff) is not appealing to me.
Well said.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:01 PM

301 posts, read 164,721 times
I am voting for Trump again

Old 05-11-2020, 12:00 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I just wanted to take a poll see how many republicans who have decided to vote for Joe Biden.
Thought about it

Old 05-11-2020, 08:45 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
So I am an independent voter in spirit (but a registered democrat). I voted for Obama twice and then I voted for Trump. I don't like any of our choices and think I'm just going to stay home in November. I still agree with a lot of Trump's ideas, but I'm getting tired of seeing Trump being his own worst enemy and the in-fighting.

I'm also not excited about Biden - he hasn't really told us anything about his plans either, other than "I was with Obama when blah, blah, blah...".

After the disaster of Obamacare, which was the main reason I went with Trump in last election ($500 per month for a Silver plan to cover 1 person, and some folks call that a success????), I realized that a President is not going to be able to do much unless the other 2 branches are onboard with the plans. So seeing Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer's response with Covid19, which is to continue the shut down indefinitely and just throw as much money as possible to anyone who asks, no, just, no.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:02 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I voted yes just to yank your chain.
Not 1 Repub will vote for quid pro quo pedo Joe except maybe to prosecute him for being involved in the conspiracy to overthrow the 2016 election.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:00 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
So how many people here can claim their lives have improved since Trump became president? And I mean in measurable ways and not in the your home team has just won the championship subjective kind of way.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:06 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Heck no! Trump 2020!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections