Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 11:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
I'm a former Republican. I find Trump so amoral and obnoxious, and his policies so all over the map, that I can't tolerate him and I don't care for his supporters in Congress, either.

If Trump weren't anti-Nato, and if Trump weren't pro-Putin, I guess I could deal with him more than I could deal with Biden, but I'm a kid of the Cold War era and just can't stomach Russia moving in on Eastern Europe again.

I'll be voting for Justin Amash.

So when Trump loses his bid for re-election this fall, I'll be:

* Gleeful to see that jerk get his comeuppance.
* Angry that the GOP sold its soul to the devil and lost a lot of legislative seats, governorships and the presidency. The GOP could have had a 2-term president and held more political offices if Jeb Bush or someone else had won the nomination in 2016.
* Fearful that crazy Democrats will run the country even more into the ground, driven by their hatred of (1) religion (see Bill DeBlasio's recent comments) and (2) various disfavored demographic groups.

How will you feel when Trump loses?
Interesting question but if you are objective at all you would be saying If not when. As for losing seats, I guess you don't know a lot about the political game: off year elections always favor the party not in office, regardless of who it is. Rarely does it work in favor of the party in the White House. Of course there are exceptions.

Now how will I feel or act if Trump were to lose? Of course I would be beside myself but I also am mature enough to accept what person the people choose to head our country and will try to support them. Let me add, I do not like TRump as a person which I have said on here many times, but as a president I have absolutely no problems except he doesn't know when to shut his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 02:01 PM

94 posts, read 38,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This tribal nonsense of he's my guy and it doesn't matter how corrupt he is has to stop. You're awesome.

Food for thought.

The great depression. President Hoover. A Republican. Hoover's response? Bring the businessmen to the white house and talk about solutions. Hoover inherited a great economy until the stock market crash. He wanted to rely on rugged individualism of American's, over haul regulations, less government. You recognize the playbook. It was a disaster. Farmers had no market for their produce. Farms went under. The unemployed faced many hardships. There was no unemployment. History repeating itself under Trump. You've seen the miles of cars in food lines.

FDR a Democrat after Hoover gave us social security. A new deal and a safety net for the little people. FDR gave social programs to help we the people. Republican's? Big corporations and corporate welfare.

The 2007-2008 recession and housing/banking collapse. George Bush. Republican. Governing philosophies? Deregulation which eased up on banks and mortgage brokers. We all know what a disaster Bush left behind.

Obama after lead us out of that disaster leaving Trump an economy on the uptick.

Trump. The greatest number of unemployed since the great depression because of his botched response to this pandemic. Political philosophy. Deregulation, cronyism, tax cuts for the rich. The same Republican playbook, the same disastrous results. History repeats itself yet again. Why?
While your post has some good information, its extremely selective. His response was much better than what the other party would have done based on their own words and actions in January early February. Everything else you mentioned benefited you and all citizens of this country. Were you doing worse between 2017 and early parts of 2020? Feels like you're ignoring nearly four years of prosperity to only ding him for the last 3 months for something that was out of his hands. As others mentioned, I don't understand how China is not on anyone's list of people to scream at.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You must have short memory. He and the Republicans did try to repeal and replace Obamacare. They did not have enough votes. They even tried it TWO times. Did you forget?

How is he stopping free trade? He is the only president to change the various lopsided trade agreements that sent our jobs and technology overseas while other countries put up barriers for our companies. That’s insane you would hate him for doing that when he should be applauded.

The new trade agreements are now so much fairer and better for us. It’s amazing you would even consider this a bad thing.

You must be living in a liberal part of the country and hence brainwashed by the liberal media.

If you are not into Leftist causes, then voting for anyone else beside Trump this fall is like helping the Leftist cause.
I call BS on the bolded as their only interest was in repeal. They intentionally had no plan for replace, because Republicans liked the pre-ACA system, which would screw millions over by denying them policies because of "pre-existing" nonsense

Old 05-11-2020, 05:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
I'm a former Republican. I find Trump so amoral and obnoxious, and his policies so all over the map, that I can't tolerate him and I don't care for his supporters in Congress, either.

If Trump weren't anti-Nato, and if Trump weren't pro-Putin, I guess I could deal with him more than I could deal with Biden, but I'm a kid of the Cold War era and just can't stomach Russia moving in on Eastern Europe again.

So when Trump loses his bid for re-election this fall, I'll be:

* Gleeful to see that jerk get his comeuppance.
* Angry that the GOP sold its soul to the devil and lost a lot of legislative seats, governorships and the presidency. The GOP could have had a 2-term president and held more political offices if Jeb Bush or someone else had won the nomination in 2016.
* Fearful that crazy Democrats will run the country even more into the ground, driven by their hatred of (1) religion (see Bill DeBlasio's recent comments) and (2) various disfavored demographic groups.

How will you feel when Trump loses?
I really can not find too much in your post to complain about, most of it is exactly how I feel. The only thing I would say is, voting for Amash, you will essentially be not only throwing your vote away, but you will be sort of handing one more vote to Trump, via default.

I understand you want to support your choice, but the reality is, a third party candidate does not have a snowball chance of getting enough votes to win, so, essentially you wasted your vote. But, this is America, and you have your right to vote for who you choose. I am just glad to hear it isn't a candidate who has orange skin and bad hair !

Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
If Trump loses, and anything is possible, I'll just commence acting like the left has acted for the past 4 years. Since senile Joe Biden is incapable of managing anything, much less the United States, it should be great entertainment watching the country crash and burn. I have enough money to weather that storm, but I'm sure most of Biden's idiotic voters don't.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:03 PM

1,151 posts, read 616,854 times
Quote:
Why not vote for yourself bro? You have as much chance of winning as whomever Justin Amash is. Or perhaps Ross Perot?

Old 05-12-2020, 09:28 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Democrats don't hate religion. In fact many Democrats are Christian. The difference is that Democrats don't use religion as a political weapon. Republicans have convinced many that anything less than running the government as a fundamentalist Christian caliphate is anti-Christian.

If Democrats are anti-Christian, then the First Amendment is.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
People aren't going to wait in line to vote for Joe Biden, but they will for Trump.
If we could all vote by mail and we wouldn’t have to stand on line.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:08 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If Trump loses in November I'm going to go out in the street, scream at the sky, make a vow to move out of the country and then lay down in the street to protest. When I finally get up weary from my temper tantrum I'm going to rally other outraged people to hold weekly protests and marches where we take over the town squares and block streets while we carry signs and chant slogans like "NOT my President" and we #RESIST .
Nah, you'll be watching Dancing with the Stars and Tiger King.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:36 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Trump won't lose.

However, IMO if Trump hypothetically loses - the second coming of Christ will come much sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections