Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 05:38 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballkick View Post
Trump won Arizona by 100k

Uhhh, good luck with that lol
We'll see. People in AZ are more reasonable than you seem to shrug off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 07:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The bad economy was caused by us shutting down to China's Virus.
40 millions Americans out of work.

100,000 Americans dead by June 1st.

tRump's America: weaker, sicker, poorer.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:53 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Trump can forget about winning Michigan if he pulls funding from them because of mail in ballots.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:20 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Biden is up by 7 in the latest Arizona poll. Maybe hiding in his basement while Trump self destructs is a good strategy.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/74535...esidential.pdf
If your opponent is digging themselves into a hole, best to stand back and let them...

I think what is really telling is if conservative support is so strong and entrenched in Arizona as they would like you to believe, why is McSally getting demolished in the polls for senate by someone by all rights conservatives should be apoplectic about. Granted McSally is a very flawed candidate, but it still doesn't explain why Mark Kelly is doing so well seemingly across the board and Trump lovin' McSally is disintegrating if the state is as red as the GOP machine would have you think.

If a significant part of Kelly's support is coming from the "suburban" demographic, Trump is in deep trouble in Arizona. I just don't buy into the notion that there will be a lot of people who vote for Kelly then turn around and vote for Trump. What? Cast a vote that might help turn the senate but keep the presidency when you could vote to hold both? Makes no sense.

Last edited by take57; 05-22-2020 at 12:45 AM..

Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes, voter fraud, mail in ballots etc etc... The Dems need to do something "nefarious" ( I like that word) to have a chance to win BUT they have done an excellent job since 2016 to deface, denounce and utterly destroy Trump in the eyes of the world and more importantly in the minds of the low information voter.

Biden has a chance if the mob of brain washed sheeple show up on election day and then Lord Help us.

If Biden wins it will at least be comical to watch the media do back flips in trying to convince us that he is the best thing since Obama.......
All that Biden has to do is sit back and let Trump keep on doing his thing. I could see Bloomberg using his $ to fund plastering the airwaves with Trump's own words and just pound him to dust with them. Unless Trump, by some miracle finally figures out that he is his own worst enemy and changes his ways. Which is highly unlikely.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:27 AM

356 posts, read 121,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
We'll see. People in AZ are more reasonable than you seem to shrug off.
People in Arizona arnt voting for a 77 year old with severe mental decline.

And a huge racist on top of that

Old 05-22-2020, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump can forget about winning Michigan if he pulls funding from them because of mail in ballots.
Whitmer is handing Michigan to Trump.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You don't know that. I live here, and I presume you don't. I think Biden takes AZ 52-48 or something close like that. And I'm not a Biden apologist either. I wanted Sanders
If it was another candidate I might consider, maybe.

But this is Biden. Maybe the weakest candidate ever. He doesn't have a prayer in Arizona

Old 05-22-2020, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Every presidential election with an incumbent is a referendum on the incumbent.

1980: Carter was an unpopular prez with a sagging economy.

1984: Reagan was a popular prez with a rebounding economy.

2020: tRump is a highly unpopular prez with the worst economy in generations.

I won't bother to mention his foolish mismanagement of the pandemic.

Carry on.

Obama was a highly unpopular prez (they both were around the same approval at this time) or you could argue he was very popular, at least with his base just like Trump. Obama's first term was a disaster and he was reelected.

Sorry man

Old 05-22-2020, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I live here, and I think he pulls it out 51-49 or 52-48. Arizona is not as reich wing as you think it is. It just seems that way compared to California where you came from (yes, I'm familiar with you)
Just because you live there doesn't mean much.

Biden is such a pathetic candidate he can't overcome 100k votes the other way to win that much. Let's be real here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections