Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 12:22 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Fair or not, the incident in Amy’s home state has affected the bookmaker’s odds.

Currently the favorites are:

1. Kamala Harris = 7/4
2. Elizabeth Warren = 6/1
3. Amy Klobuchar = 8/1
4. Val Demings = 10/1
5. Gretchen Whitmer = 12/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...tic-vp-nominee
My preference is Klobuchar. In lieu of her, I would prefer Demings or Whitmer.

Harris lied though her teeth at the debate, about the bussing allegation. Demings might be the magic combination. She was a police chief. The governor of New Mexico is also being vetted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 01:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
She was the county attorney for the rogue cop, multi incident (19 investigations) ex Officer Chauvin, and she stood idly by.

IMO Biden should remove her from consideration, and publicly denounce her lack of action. This will have the greater good of ending any future she has in higher office, forever. It sends the correct message.

https://news.yahoo.com/amy-klobuchar...183728902.html
I am thinking he will probably do exactly that, but his choices for VP are looking slimmer everyday as he has vowed to select a female. What a stupid pledge that was. I have nothing wrong with woman as president VP,but for a candidate to single out one group could be a death sentence.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
My thoughts exactly. Knowing liberal politics his choice is now much more likely to be a black female now.
But that is really going to limit his choices. The few that would be possible are also questionable, like Kamala.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:09 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
It is quite plausible, that Klobuchar just stood by and did nothing. She fits the type that would make a fuss over petty things while letting important ones just pass her by. She is a set of unintended consequences just waiting to happen. And so is Joe.
I've worked for two city governments in two different states and can tell you from experience that making a fuss over small things while ignoring larger (more pressing, more complex, more time consuming - ultimately way more important) issues is extremely common. Certainly even more so at the state and federal levels.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:01 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm hoping she wasn't much of a consideration in the first place. They're both middle-of-the-road moderates....he'd do much better choosing a younger or more progressive running mate.
If they're moderates, I'd hate to see the far left ....

Old 05-31-2020, 09:20 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
My preference is Klobuchar. In lieu of her, I would prefer Demings or Whitmer.

Harris lied though her teeth at the debate, about the bussing allegation. Demings might be the magic combination. She was a police chief. The governor of New Mexico is also being vetted.
I have not researched Val Demings much, but I would not think that black voters would be a big fan of cops in general, and I don't see how having a Vice President who was both a former cop and a former Police Chief, (on the force for close to 30 years) is a benefit to the national ticket. That's not the sort of background that prepares a person to run this country.

Can you imagine if she were a white ex Police Chief, or even "just" ex cop of long tenure, would she even be considered seriously for a position that puts her a hair's breath from the Presidency? No, no way.

And there's something else. I watched the entire "Meet the Press" show today, and she was the headline guest. At no time during the entire show did she mention Joe Biden. That was so weird. She had opportunities galore to have said how much better he would handle the situation than Trump, yet she didn't say anything. She didn't need anyone to ask her about Biden in order for her to have said something to boost him and the Democratic ticked. She failed Joe in that regard, and showed that she is still a rookie (no pun intended).

Old 05-31-2020, 09:26 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
Klobuchar says she wasn't involved in that case. https://www.newser.com/story/291569/...fferently.html
But the overall record is probably going to prevent her being picked.

I can understand Demings not wanting to speak on Biden at this time. Chance to speak on the now, introduce herself and not get ahead of herself. She might get the position. 3 years in Congress isn't that much but it might be enough. I'll have to research further before commenting more.

I don't think it will be Harris. I think other black Congresswomen are possible.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-31-2020 at 09:36 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Klobuchar says she wasn't involved in that case. https://www.newser.com/story/291569/...fferently.html
But the overall record is probably going to prevent her being picked.

I can understand Demings not wanting to speak on Biden at this time. Chance to speak on the now, introduce herself and not get ahead of herself. She might get the position. 3 years in Congress isn't that much but it might be enough. I'll have to research further before commenting more.

I don't think it will be Harris. I think other black Congresswomen are possible.
Well, I disagree about Demings. She should have promoted Joe as an empathetic alternative to Trump's vile rhetoric and performance. There were several opportunities to do so. So I got the impression it was just all about her, wanting to showcase herself.

You said "other black Congresswomen are possible." What about Asian women, Native American women, Latina women, mixed race women and yes, white women? Elizabeth Warren polls highest of all as Joe's best running mate. She has plans that will help black women, black men, older people, younger people, Americans all over the spectrum.

Why only black women?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:29 PM

8,495 posts, read 8,787,669 times
I wouldn't limit it to black women; but it is increasingly likely so I focused on that from Biden.

I will find the names of the other black congresswomen that I mentioned months ago.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...ded-later.html

Congresswoman Robin Kelly
Congresswoman Terry Sewell.

Mentioned more than a year ago.

I also mentioned a lot of others here at beginning of year. https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...ticket.htmlide net cast looking for political talent and experience. An interest of mine but not my decision.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-31-2020 at 11:00 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
I wouldn't limit it to black women; but it is increasingly likely so I focused on that from Biden.

I will find the names of the other black congresswomen that I mentioned months ago.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...ded-later.html

Congresswoman Robin Kelly
Congresswoman Terry Sewell.

Mentioned more than a year ago.

I also mentioned about 70 others here this spring.
Wide net cast looking for political talent and experience. An interest of mine but not my decision.
I have never even heard of Robin Kelly or Terry Sewell, but I'll look them up since you mentioned them; however, this time I think we need a high profile, extremely highly qualified Veep candidate, more like a Governor or a Senator.

Congresswoman Sewell has an impressive education. It doesn't help her that she is divorced (no "second family") and that she apparently didn't do very well in the husband-picking department. Her ex-husband is Theodore Chester Dixie Jr. and well, Google him yourself.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 05-31-2020 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: additional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections