Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 01:08 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
That Trumpies are calling the dementia-ridden Trump "energetic" goes to show how much of the Kool Aid they've been drinking.
Leftists closed their eyes to it in 2016 and are doing the same in 2020.

I remember that leftists and so-called anti-Trump Republicans alike used similar language to attack Trump's speaking and debating style and energy during the 2016 debates and campaigns. After Hillary lost (still thanking our lucky stars to this day), NYU put on a production where actors (a female portraying Trump and a male portraying Clinton during moments from their tree debates and mimicking each candidate's debating and speaking style, including word-for-word portrayals from the debate) engaged in a mock debate. They intended to prove some kind of gender bias to help explain why Clinton lost

Of course, it backfired and the audience proclaimed the female Trump the winner. Some things that they said:

Quote:
“They liked that [Whorton] was more passionate,” Guadalupe said. “Genuine. Emotional. People were connecting with her emotionally. They didn’t listen so much to the content. She was just really committed and passionate about what she was saying.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/act...se-message-won

Here's a clip from the mock debate. Enjoy, and PLEASE, PLEASE continue thinking that about Trump. It worked wonders for your side in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 01:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
... in spite of the fact that 1-in-3 democrats want a different democratic candidate!

Goes to show how unpopular Trump really is!

1 in 3 Democrats want to dump Biden, who leads Trump by 13 points
And if you believe for one second that poll is anywhere near accurate I have some land on the open desert right on the Rio Grande river I will sell you at almost no cost.. You would probably believe it was a good buy!!!!

Old 05-29-2020, 03:00 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
It’s pretty sad for Republicans that the best a right-wing rag like the Washington Examiner can spin a poll where their favored candidate is getting his butt kicked by 13 points to Joe Biden is to say that 1 of 3 Democrats would rather have a different nominee than Joe Biden.

I find it hilarious that the Washington Examiner presumably commissioned this poll, thus felt they had to report its findings and all they could do was deflect that a third of Dems would rather have another nominee, although the poll shows Biden curb-stomping Donald Trump.

It doesn’t matter who the D nominee is. Democrats will crawl through glass to vote against Donald Trump. As Rachel Bitecofer has stated, negative partisanship (absolute hatred for the other guy) is what is driving politics now.

https://www.niskanencenter.org/negat...nal-elections/

Last edited by Bureaucat; 05-29-2020 at 03:14 PM..

Old 05-30-2020, 04:47 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
And yet he's ahead by 13 points.

Which tells you Trump is significantly weaker than Biden.
Yup.
The poll also said a lot of Trump's older voters are beginning to abandon him.

That makes sense; if Trump can't protect them from the coronavirus, and can't protect them from riots, why support him any more?

Joe Biden might not be a lot of folk's first choice, but he's increasingly becoming 2020's best choice to them.

Fate has made this year a strange reversal from 2016, another year of two unpopular choices.

Biden could make a few mistakes and lose the election. Trump could make a few more mistakes and lose the election. Either is quite possible at this moment in time.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:59 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Even democrats don't want Biden . He has to be the weakest nominee in modern history, no enthusiasm whatsoever for the guy.
They say an "An Empty Wagon Makes A Lot Of Noise", unlike Donald Trump, Biden is dignified and respectful.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:17 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
It seems like most of the polls are being used by the mainscream media to tout the silly notion that Biden is a viable candidate and Trump can't beat him (?). They did the same thing in 2016 with Hillary ... and seem poised for another election-night meltdown.

Of course, these polls are all over the map (still 6-months to go), but, the media and left would have us believe there's not even much sense in having an election (!!) --- "Don't bother going to the polls, just mail it in!"

Old 05-30-2020, 06:29 PM

6,108 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Which is why I think Mayor Peter would of been the perfect candidate to defeat Trump. He is sharp, new to the scene, and young and energetic. Biden has been in politics for over 40 years. I do agree he is not as polarizing as Hillary however, people do want their president to be able to handle the job. Like him or not, Trump has the energy for the job.
He or Klobuchar would have been my top picks, and Mayor Pete was the only candidate who is a veteran, and has served as a mayor of a medium sized city where he has had to be accountable to people and actually answer hard questions. Biden wouldn't have been my first pick and was several rungs further down the list. However, Biden is better than Trump. Trump has done a good job of proving that his "energy" can be more destructive to the job and the country would be better off if he'd simply step aside and let some competent people lead while he's at Mar-a-Lago playing golf. If Biden puts really capable people in top roles, I'll just say that his Presidency will be a refreshing improvement over who we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadbeach View Post
Most people can admit Trump is energetic.

Whether they like him or not. He barely sleeps

We know that because of twitter
Meth addicts are very energetic too when they're high, they barely sleep, and they probably also post deranged and paranoid things on Twitter, but that doesn't mean I'd want them to be POTUS.

Last edited by Jowel; 05-30-2020 at 06:38 PM..

Old 05-30-2020, 06:33 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
What % of Pubs were polled versus Dems?

What was the margin of error? Less than 1.5?

If polls skewing Biden exceed 20%, please wake me up.

As usual, the methodolgy is burried in the web site, & takes a ot of time to flush out.

Fake News. All about selling advertising.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:10 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Obama/Biden presided of the weakest recovery in modern history
Just because Hannity and Rush say it, doesn't make it true.

Markets were up 150% over Obama's 8-years which is the second greatest market return (Clinton being #1) since the Great Depression.

Trump has yet to crack 4% GDP, which if you recall, he said we'd be doing 4, 5 and 6%. Obama broke 4% GDP 4 times. Hell, George W. Bush completely decimates Trump's numbers. I don't see how he is "so great" at this.

The only thing I tip my hat to Trump for was the steady decline of unemployment that continued Obama's success. Trump inherited a healthy economy by many measures. Lots of people claimed it was a poor economy, but if so, then Trump's economy was a dumpster fire, pre-COVID 19. Hell, Obama's market returns smoked Trump's in the same first 37 months of their presidencies - 58% to 42%.

While Obama isn't running in 2020, Democratic economic policies have time and time again shown to be superior to Republican ones.

Bush 43: 20% market loss
Bush 41: 40% market growth
Reagan: 148% market growth (the only reason why Republicans can make any claim to economic success)
Nixon/Ford: 40% market loss

Obama: 150% market growth
Clinton: 230% market growth

Give me those Democratic numbers any day.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
That Trumpies are calling the dementia-ridden Trump "energetic" goes to show how much of the Kool Aid they've been drinking.
Does it not occur to you that you yourself might be overdosing on Kool-Aid if you think Trump is not energetic? He’s literally one man fighting against the Democrat machine for the last four years and winning. That is almost god like energy if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections