Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 08:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
As long as they can come up with an excuse, because it'll need to be a very convincing excuse when you consider how brilliant Pence has been.
It'd have to be something like Pence wanting to take time off to be with his family or something....
Also it'll be hard for Trump to turn his back on Pence, because they seem to be very close, and Trump loves to reward loyalty.
Loyalty is what got Trump into trouble when he chose Jeff Sessions for AG.
I can't see it happening, unless Pence insists.
What, Pence BRILLIANT ?? Paint drying is more exciting and brilliant than Mike Pence has been. I think Mike passed away a while back, and they just prop him up there for show.

That being said, I don't think Trump is going to have to worry about appointing anyone for the VP spot, he will be busy packing in preparation for leaving the White House after November 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 08:07 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My prediction - After Biden selects a woman of color as his VP candidate, Trump, in an attempt to take the wind from Biden’s sails and capitalize on the current national climate (and as an act of desperation) will quickly respond by replacing Mike Pence with Nikki Haley as his VP.

Thoughts?
let's lay wagers.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:09 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
This VP thing is overblown. McCain lost my vote picking that "I can see Russia from my back porch" woman from Alaska. There are bright Republicans (of both gender) out there so why they keep picking idiots to represent them is beyond me. Guess nobody with any brains wants the job.

Thing is you pick the wrong idiot and causes whole lot trouble. The royalists and some conservatives in Germany backed Hitler cause they thought they could use and control him for their own purposes. Same with Mussolini in Italy.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:14 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Looks like I’m not the only one making this prediction....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...politics%3famp

Old 06-06-2020, 08:32 AM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
"Mike Pence is a great vice president,” Trump said in November, while noting Haley would “absolutely” be involved in his 2020 campaign.

“She is a friend of mine, she endorsed me with the most beautiful endorsement you’ve ever heard . She did a great job at the U.N.,” Trump added.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Biden will choose Kamala Harris if she promises to drop over to his basement and say hi once in a while.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:06 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
No but I do think she will run in 2024 with Bobby Jindal as her V.P.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My prediction - After Biden selects a woman of color as his VP candidate, Trump, in an attempt to take the wind from Biden’s sails and capitalize on the current national climate (and as an act of desperation) will quickly respond by replacing Mike Pence with Nikki Haley as his VP.

Thoughts?

I think Nikki Haley is a capable, intelligent woman who will cut her political career short if she allies herself with Trump.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:13 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
"Mike Pence is a great vice president,” Trump said in November, while noting Haley would “absolutely” be involved in his 2020 campaign.

“She is a friend of mine, she endorsed me with the most beautiful endorsement you’ve ever heard . She did a great job at the U.N.,” Trump added.

And he's also said the people he's hired and subsequently fired were "The Best people".

I don't believe anything that escapes his pie hole unless corroborated independently.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What, Pence BRILLIANT ?? Paint drying is more exciting and brilliant than Mike Pence has been. I think Mike passed away a while back, and they just prop him up there for show.

That being said, I don't think Trump is going to have to worry about appointing anyone for the VP spot, he will be busy packing in preparation for leaving the White House after November 3.

LOL!!! Thanks, I needed a laugh here in "Captive Tryannical NJ".
I don't exactly trust Pence though as he'd possibly make a better democrat because of who he's "beholden to" outside the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections