Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I agree about Ben Carson. I think he would be really good for the country right now. Very calming and unifying, and with a positive outlook.

Yes he is. Plus, he will order pyramids built to store our grain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 06:17 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
I agree with others. Pence has all the cards and decides whether to stay or go.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:23 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I agree with others. Pence has all the cards and decides whether to stay or go.

Yet, what cards does he hold?

After all, Indiana seems to be a safe Trump state:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/indiana/

President Trump is up by 10 points over Mr. Biden.

I doubt that having Mr. Pence off the ticket will imperil Indiana.

So, what does Mr. Pence bring? Surely, Mr. Trump would chose another favorite of the evangelical crowd. And if the person is from a 'borderline' state, such as Florida or even Texas, all the better.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:42 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
I posted over a year ago that dumping Pence, for Haley would be a guarantee that Trump would win the next election, and would put Haley in the top position in 2024.
Nothing has changed for me to believe otherwise.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:46 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I posted over a year ago that dumping Pence, for Haley would be a guarantee that Trump would win the next election, and would put Haley in the top position in 2024.
Nothing has changed for me to believe otherwise.
I'd prefer Ben Carson, but I agree Haley is the most likely replacement for Pence if he steps down.
No indication that he'll step down yet.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:57 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
I'm not a Pence fan but I'll give him credit for loyalty. He has stood by Trump every inch of the way. Sacrificed his own integrity, credibility, and reputation for Trump. So would Trump throw such a loyal and steadfast friend and ally under the bus? Of course he would. And then smear him with a tweet as the bus splattered his brains all over the pavement.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:06 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
Pence seems pretty dedicated to starting his bible camp missionary down in Guyana, so Haley might be the right choice to galvanize the moderate wing of the GOP.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:58 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Its hard to predict if Trump will replace Pence, because there is no chance of Trump even hinting at it until it happens, so the fact we've been given no indication of it happening doesn't mean much.
Trump would give hints about other upcoming decisions, but replacing the VP is too awkward to talk about until the moment arrives, plus its nice to catch the Democrats by surprise.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Its hard to predict if Trump will replace Pence, because there is no chance of Trump even hinting at it until it happens, so the fact we've been given no indication of it happening doesn't mean much.
Trump would give hints about other upcoming decisions, but replacing the VP is too awkward to talk about until the moment arrives, plus its nice to catch the Democrats by surprise.
Pence would be the last to know. Probably get the news from a Trump tweet.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:41 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think it is possible Pence could voluntarily retire from the job.

If he was to leave on his own over the summer, he could use the coming term to put a campaign together for 2024, and Trump could choose a fresh replacement who could help him win more than Pence can.

Pence has Presidential ambitions for sure, and the Republicans will be looking for some new leadership by 2024.

Right now, a minority woman as Trump's VP would be a bigger help to his re-election than Mike Pence.

It won't happen if Trump wants him to stay though.

Wow, you have bought into the leftist view of identity politics, hook, line, and sinker.
We do not need someone to check off X amount of boxes, hoping minorities and women will vote for Trump, just because he picks someone based on race and gender.
Heck, why not hope Trump picks the mayor of Chicago, that way you can also check off homosexual and transgender. Instead of a twofer, that would be a quadfer.

Pence isn't going anywhere, and if Trump dumped him, I would dump Trump. Not because I am a big Pence fan, but he has been loyal and a calm in the turbulent sea that is know as Trump.

BTW - Pence would have a much better chance of being the next potus in 2024 by remaining VP, not leaving now and trying to come back.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections