Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Not for a moment will they even recognize they were hoodwinked. Time and time again they hear statements from Trump and his administration and they accept it as fact.

I'm well aware the Trump campaign has a tendency inflate numbers but at the end of the day if this was Biden it would of been wild success. They aren't going to stage events like this because they can't, virus or no virus.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:32 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't know about you but I have no interest involving myself with inevitable headaches associated with large events no matter what it is. I wouldn't go near a Trump Rally under normal conditions and certainly not if some stupid amount of tickets were "reserved".

That was the intention, to inflate the numbers so high people did not go. I'd also blame the Trump campaign because they should of understood what was happening.
No, it wasn’t, and that’s not what happened. The purpose of the prank was to corrupt the campaign data and inflate their attendance numbers, so the campaign got excited about all the tremendous support they were going to get from their adoring fans—resulting in egg on their faces.

And, THAT is exactly what happened. It was glorious.

I mean, common sense would dictate large, adoring crowds wouldn’t scare away Trump fans. (Otherwise, why would Trump & Co’s SOP be to brag about crowd size??) Your excuse doesn’t make any sense. Give it up.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:36 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,626 times
Parscale and his team claim they reviewed the data before the rally by cross referencing prior voter registration and votes cast (I’m not sure that this is actually possible). Out of a million they figured about 300k are real, and narrowed the estimate to about 60k worst case scenario based on distances some of the registrants have to travel. That’s probably why they made a 40k capacity outdoor area + 20k indoor capacity at the BOK. In their worst-case projection, they would still have packed outdoor-indoor audience.

Now we all know the real turn out was a tenth of their worst-case projection. The Trump campaign is in serious trouble.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I mean, common sense would dictate large, adoring crowds wouldn’t scare away Trump fans.

Common sense dictates a lot of people have no interest involving themselves with massive traffic jams, parking, walking blocks and other issues only to be left standing outside an arena.

We'll see what happens with the next rallies...

Old 06-22-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Common sense dictates a lot of people have no interest involving themselves with massive traffic jams, parking, walking blocks and other issues only to be left standing outside an arena.

Like Trump fans have done for the past 4 years??

Yeah, bud. We will see. IMO, people didn’t show up because Trump mishandled (and continues to mishandle) the pandemic. If nothing changes, I expect similarly dismal numbers.

The kids did NOT keep the faithful away. Trump did that himself.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Parscale and his team claim they reviewed the data before the rally by cross referencing prior voter registration and votes cast (I’m not sure that this is actually possible). Out of a million they figured about 300k are real, and narrowed the estimate to about 60k worst case scenario based on distances some of the registrants have to travel. That’s probably why they made a 40k capacity outdoor area + 20k indoor capacity at the BOK. In their worst-case projection, they would still have packed outdoor-indoor audience.

Now we all know the real turn out was a tenth of their worst-case projection. The Trump campaign is in serious trouble.
Exactly.

Blaming the kids because Trump sucks is disgusting—yet grossly on on brand.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,046,776 times
Quote:
I think Brad is trying to save his job, they certainly don't want to admit their mistake.
Trump and his team have never admitted a mistake or accepted responsibility for anything. It didn't just start with this. Every human being gets things wrong from time to time. That the entire system Trump's created seems to be set up to avoid people being honest to him or him being honest is incredibly dangerous. If you never believe you're wrong, you can believe you're right about anything, no matter how awful.

The fact that Trump continuously hires crappy, immoral and incompetent people is just one consequence of that. His only care is to serve himself unquestioningly. He doesn't care about qualifications, experience, intelligence, etc. And that's why his entire administration is a revolving door dumpster fire of the worst people.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:00 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Hey it was his campaign staff that arranged this fiasco, not some random 'liberal' so if you really believe that people didn't attend because of massive traffic jams, let Parscale know about it.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:23 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,046 times
Clinton had much smaller crowd sizes than Trump. She still got more votes than Trump (yes, Electoral College). Trump got the right votes in the right places, whereas Clinton did not. Relating crowd sizes to electoral success isn't really a strong correlation.

Ultimately, if crowd sizes related to vote, Trump would have had the 62M votes he had in 2016 and Clinton would have had... what? 22M?

It is a false relationship. So comparing Trump to Biden isn't a comparison at all. Compare Trump to Trump. He's claimed to have 50,000 people at rallies before. Now here he is, doing a rally near 4 months after his previous rally - there's probably pent up Trump fever everywhere (according to people here on P&OC). And only 6,200 show up. Yeah, you can't spin that.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:46 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
If people are getting turned off because of poor data on how many will be there this will improve things. It's not like a Biden rally where you get to pick any seat in the front row, there is a demand for them. Not sure what the solution is but they need to do something to prevent the juvenile actions of the left attempting to disrupt attendance.
Do you think it might help if Trump went to church... regularly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.