Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 03:20 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
He now wants more debates than we have ever had. Usually there are 3 debates.

Six months ago he wasn’t sure he wanted to debate at all.

The general rule of thumb is that the side most anxious to debate is the one that knows they are losing.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-against-biden

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8bd_story.html
There is no requirement to debate. I would decline to debate him until he released his tax returns/ schedules as he promised to do 4 years ago.

Trump lied about his intent to release his tax returns and did so for political gain. In contrast, “crooked Hillary” released 30+ years worth of returns.

( I am neither a Trump or Hillary fan).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 04:10 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
"....I can construct a complete sentence" Sure about that?

"Even I want more debates again" ....did you mean against? ."...Joe Biden and I am an only..".only an, or just an.."... average debater."

Is that you, Donny?
Wee fingers have a hard time typing

Old 06-19-2020, 04:14 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Because the more Joe talks the more we know he's lost it.

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/s...22905756737538

Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There is no requirement to debate. I would decline to debate him until he released his tax returns/ schedules as he promised to do 4 years ago.

Trump lied about his intent to release his tax returns and did so for political gain. In contrast, “crooked Hillary” released 30+ years worth of returns.

Good idea. Put the ball in Trump's court and see how he handles it.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
Challenging Biden to debates is a trick. Joe needs to be able to phone in his campaign because if he has to perform in public in his condition he'll never be elected.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:15 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
There shouldnt be any debates. Everyones got their mind made up in this election.
You sound like a biden supporter.

I'd like to see several debates. Three would be sufficient, but a fourth, why not as long as everyone agrees.

At this point in history, everyone EXPECTS a debate, and the one unwilling, or shows hesitancy toward a debate, shows their lack of confidence in their ability to take on their opponent.

Trump looks all the stronger for asking for a fourth debate. Joe will likely crawl back to his basement, refusing to do another one, after the first, if he even does a first.

CN

Old 06-19-2020, 09:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
What exactly has Trump done? We all know about his boastful claims, but what can he point to, other than a massive tax break for the wealthiest 1% of Americans?

He has kowtowed to dictators, run up the national deficit, made us a laughingstock of much of the world, strained all of our long term alliances while engaging in secretive negotiations with Vladimir Putin, their discussions off the record. He has made us the most divided we've ever been in 50 years as a nation, does not answer questions from the press, mainly sleeps till late morning, watches TV, golfs, tweets, and plans his pep rallies somewhere.

He did nothing when Coronavirus was on the way, others than dismiss the magnitude and severity of it, and attacked peaceful protestors while America burned to hold a photo op in front of a church holding an upside down Bible yet said nothing to nation about the protests (which, in hindsight, was probably the best thing).

What has his confrontations with China actually accomplished? What did his engagement with North Korea accomplish, other than stroking the ego of the worlds worst dictator, and lending his regime legitimacy? He has gutted regulations protecting clean air and water with a vengeance, so I guess that is something for his supporters to get excited about, as they do seem to like breathing polluted air and eating garbage food.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:19 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Will Trump and his wide girth hulk around the stage behind Biden like he did to Hillary? It will be more dramatic this time with his unsteady gait.

Joe will be talking policy and plans while Trump will be concocting another word salad about the best, most beautiful “things”, like the world has never seen.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:04 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
Trump should hold a debate with a suspended Joe pinata on the stage with him.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:59 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I think you are on the money here. Bidens handlers will come up with something nonsensical like that to avoid debating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections