Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 11:47 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The Status quo is ending. The Corporate Takeover is next to be eliminated. . Power will be returned to the citizens of the country. Mainly the middle class that actually MAKE the country run. Not the rich goons/corporate clowns
Lol.

In your dreams.

Do you have billions of dollars to contribute to political campaigns?

I didn’t think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 11:50 AM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then the GOP can make Christian Sharia Law the law of the land putting us back 500 years on the evolutionary ladder and all the Corporate Crooks still in jail can be pardoned.....

Yea Right....
Wow! You have a vivid imagination

500 years? Exaggerate much, do you?

Old 06-21-2020, 11:55 AM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The democrats could find the sleaziest bar in the country, find the worst drunk in the world, drag him/her out, run him/her against Trump and still win.

So, IOW, you agree that those who vote straight "D" will vote for anything with a "D" next to their name.

Old 06-21-2020, 11:56 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I'm middle class. A law abiding normal person still mostly locked down, following an endless set of arbitrary rules while 'protesters' mob the streets. My small business may or may not survive. No one cares.

I feel completely un-represented by any political party or politician.
You ARE completely un-represented by any political party or politician. That is a fact.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:44 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Huh??? Where exactly do you see the middle class getting their power 'returned to them?' The mobs tearing down statues and burning businesses, and shaming companies into firing people for not saying the right thing...those are not 'middle class.'

I'm middle class. A law abiding normal person still mostly locked down, following an endless set of arbitrary rules while 'protesters' mob the streets. My small business may or may not survive. No one cares.

I feel completely un-represented by any political party or politician.

And being middle class and not rich enough to have private security or live in a gated community, my only line of defense from gangs and psychopaths--the POLICE--are now on the chopping block.
The middle class is not getting represented by either party. Everything is for the elites or the gun totin' mentality. But things aren't going to get better for us with Trump. Maybe a change to Democrat would give us a fighting chance. And I hold out hope for the younger generation that they will stand up for change.

Most of us are still somewhat locked down, obeying the rules, and fed up, as usual, with the extremists. This time it's extremists on the left creating chaos but other times it's extremists on the right with their religious agenda and their rules that they want us to follow. I'm voting Democrat and hope that just maybe, possibly, things will get better.

Old 06-21-2020, 01:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This...racist divider whose lack of leadership on Covid 19/George Floyd will bring him down as he tries to create as much chaos/disorder on his way out...
Yup... they’ve got him this time for sure! How many failed “gotcha’s” is this ? Number 472?

Old 06-21-2020, 02:03 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, really. Everywhere I turn I hear corporations talking about how down they are with social justice. And this person's linking them to Trump?
Sure.

Those corporations are well aware that the SJWs are mostly crybabies who can't get what they want from "Equal Justice Under the Law". And that the country will degrade and become a 3rd world country run by tribal warlords and favor-granters if the SJWs prevail. So the corporations (and anybody else who has ever run a business large or small) are just marking time, pretending to go along. And otherwise waiting for the rioters and thugs to fade from the scene and crawl back into the holes they came out of, so that business that can help them (and help the country) can resume.

In other words, normal people are lying to the rioters and looters, pretending to agree so that the thugs will leave them alone, and waiting for normalcy to resume. And it will, since the scenario the rioters are seeking, cannot sustain itself and at worst will descend into chaos, which the vast majority (i.e. normal people) don't want and won't stand for.

Old 06-21-2020, 04:23 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wow! You have a vivid imagination

500 years? Exaggerate much, do you?
Appropriate for the person I responded to.....

Old 06-21-2020, 04:49 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
are you kidding....the liberals have been running one long Trump commercial for years

...and just ramped it up to a 24 hour....round the clock....all you can eat...Trump fest
SO the real question is why would the liberals throw the election?

Old 06-21-2020, 04:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Amazing that everyone knows they could run the country better than mr trump despite the fact that they work at McDonald’s
They also know they could do the cop job better than any cop on the street -same deal another genius who works at Burger King

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-21-2020 at 05:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections