Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 07:43 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You do realize that the United States with Trump at the helm has empirically dealt with the virus worse than any other country on the planet, right?
Don't confuse him with actual facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 09:54 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Let`s not forget that in 2016 Trump ran against one of the most vilified women in America and she had 3 million more votes. One of Trump`s many problems is that she won`t be on the ballot this time.
This.... I'm not sure if I would have held my nose and voted for her if I had been eligible to vote. Although I am sure I could not have voted for the Trumpenfuerer.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:30 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

If you disagree, tell my why Trump will do even better than 2016 when:

1. 120k DEAD from COVID, while cases are RISING in late June (Trump said it was a hoax in February). Some models are forecasting 200K+ dead Americans just by August...
2. 40M Americans out of work, and more on the way...
3. $26 TRILLION in national debt, and counting...
1. America doesn't care about the dead. If an American dies from COVID-19, they aren't voting for Trump. They aren't voting for anyone. This is an invisible disease to most of America. Most Americans don't have a loved one that died from it. But, most Americans do have a loved one that is out of work.

2. If Trump can spin that there was nothing he could do to mitigate this, it won't matter. He dropped unemployment one whole point over 3 years. To be fair, it is harder to do that when unemployment was already low to begin with. But, Trump inherited a healthy economy. He removed regulations to get that last point while also giving a windfall tax break to corporations and the wealthy. Trump could be President for 20 years and never get back to 3.5% unemployment. However, he'll tell you that he'll do the bestest amazingest things ever. He fooled America once. He is banking on fooling you again.

3. Republicans only care about the national debt when there's a Democratic president. They know that if you deficit spend, you can prop up the economy. Trump has been the king of deficit spending. The solution was to raise taxes, not lower them. However, our taxes will be raised in a few years when the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions expire. But not for the super rich. Their tax benefits are permanent. Thanks Republicans.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:44 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Trump will win Greater Baptistan by a huge margin and crush Biden in states where cattle or bison outnumber voters.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:54 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, I don't honestly
So...you don't have a life. At least you admit to that.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You do realize that the United States with Trump at the helm has empirically dealt with the virus worse than any other country on the planet, right?
Prove it^^^^

Once again, you do realize that it's up to each state when it comes to handling the virus. If Trump acted like a dictator and forced each state to handle it the way the Feds wanted it handled, you and your ilk would be screaming from the rooftops. Don't pretend otherwise.

Are you saying that countries that did what Mexico and Brazil did was better than the US? Both those countries didn't do any lockdowns at all. Then the virus spread like wildfire. Mexico was forced to do so when it was apparent that many factories were forced to shut down due to most of their workers getting infected. Brazil also didn't do lockdowns and ended up with similar results.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
This.... I'm not sure if I would have held my nose and voted for her if I had been eligible to vote. Although I am sure I could not have voted for the Trumpenfuerer.
"Trumpenfuerer". Congrats, Norm. You've sunk to new lows.

Remember---he's not your president. Expend your energy worrying about your own country.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you don't have a life. At least you admit to that.
That's not what I said. I said people who attend political rallies don't have a life. Nice try though...

Old 06-24-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
"Trumpenfuerer". Congrats, Norm. You've sunk to new lows.

Remember---he's not your president. Expend your energy worrying about your own country.
He's not my president either

Old 06-24-2020, 12:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Prove it^^^^
See post #99 in this thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections