Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

There's still speculation that tRump may throw in the towel and walk away before the election.

That way, he could "retire undefeated."

Again, unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility, since he hates losing more than he loves winning.

And he's looking at a historic loss in November.

Who would the Pubs run in his place, though?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
When he loses, Trump won't concede. He'll quit and leave the transition up to Pence.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
When he loses, Trump won't concede. He'll quit and leave the transition up to Pence.
A definite possibility. Of course, tRump taking a big November beat-down and then scurrying away from DC with his tail between his legs would be quite a scene. All his congressional lickspittles would be left to twist in the wind, which is what they all so richly deserve.

That two month interim between election day and Biden's inauguration has the makings of a VERY interesting time span.

In the immortal words of Monty Python:

Run away!

Old 06-26-2020, 05:18 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A definite possibility. Of course, tRump taking a big November beat-down and then scurrying away from DC with his tail between his legs would be quite a scene. All his congressional lickspittles would be left to twist in the wind, which is what they all so richly deserve.

That two month interim between election day and Biden's inauguration has the makings of a VERY interesting time span.

Run away!

You wanna know what's sad? I could see Trump quitting and claiming that he did it because "Pence is such a great guy, he deserved to be POTUS for a while" and "Now Biden looks stupid for ordering all that 'Biden 46' merchandise when he's actually going to be POTUS #47."

And I can see his supporters swallowing it hook, line, and sinker, and chortling about how Trump 'owned them libs' one last time by making sure they bought all that "Biden 46" stuff.

Isn't it just sad that I wouldn't put it past him to be *that* petty?

Old 06-26-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
You wanna know what's sad? I could see Trump quitting and claiming that he did it because "Pence is such a great guy, he deserved to be POTUS for a while" and "Now Biden looks stupid for ordering all that 'Biden 46' merchandise when he's actually going to be POTUS #47."

And I can see his supporters swallowing it hook, line, and sinker, and chortling about how Trump 'owned them libs' one last time by making sure they bought all that "Biden 46" stuff.

Isn't it just sad that I wouldn't put it past him to be *that* petty?
Everything you just posted is certainly on the table with tRump.

The next 6 months promise to be some of the most entertaining in US history.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:

Run away!

What would be really hilarious is that Trump resigns shortly before the Biden inauguration, getting Pence to promise to pardon him for any crimes he may have done in office, and Pence then having a moment of conscious, doesn't.

Pence can always say he prayed on it, and his god told him not to pardon. The evangelicals will understand. You know, that prayer thingy. Except Franklin Graham.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:

Run away!

my favorite Monty Python movie!

...and the best lines from it. The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin. It's quite a long ballad, but here's the punch line:

"That's, that's enough music for now lads, there's dirty work afoot."
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
("No!")
Bravely ran away away.
("I didn't!")
When danger reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
("I never!")
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
("You're lying!")
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

Old 06-27-2020, 07:21 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Trump will just blame it on the pandemic he was a fall guy. As much as I think Trump is crazy just an act to entertain his base. I doubt he will try to stay in office, or leave office before the end of his term. I could see him using his pardon power for all his friends who got locked up at the end. He won't want to embarrass his family by tucking tail and running.

Watch the Sean Hannity show town hall he was already acknowledging Biden has him beat.

Last edited by kell490; 06-27-2020 at 08:10 AM..

Old 06-27-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump will just blame it on the pandemic he was a fall guy. As much as I think Trump is crazy just an act to entertain his base. I doubt he will try to stay in office, or leave office before the end of his term. I could see him using his pardon power for all his friends who got locked up at the end. He won't want to embarrass his family by tucking tail and running.

Watch the Sean Hannity show town hall he was someone already acknowledging Biden has him beat.
Regardless of when or how he leaves office, (in January or before) we can expect tRump to issue a bunch of pardons to his treasonous corrupt co-conspirators.

Maybe even a "get out of jail free" card for Barr, since that pig hasn't yet been convicted for his crimes.

But it's coming.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:13 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

Watch the Sean Hannity show town hall he was already acknowledging Biden has him beat.
His family is unembarrassable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections