Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,273,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Note I am NOT an Obama supporter, however I have not seen the Racism you seem to attribute to Obama. Maybe I missed it. While he has made some poor choices in who advises him, That by itself means nothing more then he has poor judgement. What has Obama SAID or DONE (Not who he hangs with) that makes you think he "has such obvious issues with the white race?" Please be specific.

Random

are you sure you wanna deviate from the topic ??? it might cause further thinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,739,602 times
It's pretty clear that the people who responded to this thread did not read the article that was cited. That's why they're completely off topic. The article takes Obama to task for his association with Rev. Meeks, the pastor of a 22,000-member strong Baptist church, who is a staunch opponent of the homosexual agenda. I would never vote for Obama, but his association with a Christian who understands what the Bible says about homosexuality would make me more, not less, likely to vote for him.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:46 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,733,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Barack Obama’s Latest Pastor Problem: Chicago's Rev. James T. Meeks (ChicagoPride.com)

The judgement and integrity of Barack Obama is a very serious issue in this campaign. The more we unearth about this guy and his associates, the less appealing he is.

The more we find out about him, the more we realize he is not at all who he claims to be. It was very astute of Obama and his handlers to come up with their Hope&Change slogan - but that is all it is, a slogan.
Well if you compare him to the other Dem I'd say he has wings........

Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,834,582 times
Quote:
What has Obama SAID or DONE (Not who he hangs with) that makes you think he "has such obvious issues with the white race?" Please be specific.

Random
You are who you hang with. Show me the character of the friends you choose to hang with and I'll know who you are.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
Well, sorry about your issues of feeling deeply offended but I am deeply offended myself at the kind of things that I believe Obama really believes about whites.

As for your comment about his mother being white...His mom dumped him on his grandparents. I think it is very likely he harbors some resentment towards her. It would make perfect sense. Just go ask somebody in the mental health field. They will tell you how common such feelings are.

Sorry, but your multiple use of the word "lynching" makes me It's soooo yesterday.

FYI: I am an independent voter, not a right-wing anything. I am pretty socially liberal.

I am curious as to who (before Edwards and Obama) was the candidate that last "made you feel good to be an American"? I have trouble understanding how some political candidate should affect our feelings of worth and pride. Yet, I hear this statement all the time.
Perhaps the reason is that so few politicians make us feel good about ourselves. The press doesn't negative Hillary is so divisive do you think she makes all people feel good. Let me tell you something, White America needs to start attending some urban Black churches and learn how unpopular you are on Sunday morning. In fact White Americans need to start attending non White churches through out the world and learn how many people pray for the wrath of God to strike certain groups of people down. This whole campaign was good for us but now it like so many things is not raising our standing in many parts of the world. However we can all rest assure that when Hillary gets the call at 3:00 in the morning she will be more then willing to launch the nukes. Oh well she will have a good excuse she was tired. Oh and who has a more shady history then Billy boy?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:43 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,941,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Barack Obama’s Latest Pastor Problem: Chicago's Rev. James T. Meeks (ChicagoPride.com)

The judgement and integrity of Barack Obama is a very serious issue in this campaign. The more we unearth about this guy and his associates, the less appealing he is.

The more we find out about him, the more we realize he is not at all who he claims to be. It was very astute of Obama and his handlers to come up with their Hope&Change slogan - but that is all it is, a slogan.
He is just another person with Rev. in front of their name that does not earn it. How do these Rev.s that actually have churches get away with not loosing their tax exempt status. I thought politics in the pulpit was not allowed.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,687,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
He is just another person with Rev. in front of their name that does not earn it. How do these Rev.s that actually have churches get away with not loosing their tax exempt status. I thought politics in the pulpit was not allowed.

Only right wing politics are not allowed. Ask REV JESSIE JACKSON

Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,125,949 times
Quote:
Note I am NOT an Obama supporter, however I have not seen the Racism you seem to attribute to Obama. Maybe I missed it. While he has made some poor choices in who advises him, That by itself means nothing more then he has poor judgement. What has Obama SAID or DONE (Not who he hangs with) that makes you think he "has such obvious issues with the white race?" Please be specific.

Random
These are the people who advise him. Sounds like a Black Nationalist Marxist agenda to me...if Black Nationalist Marxist are white guys from the University of Chicago (a conservative school, especially when it comes to economics.)

Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,924,748 times
check out this pastor as well, defending Wright! I laughed so hard my side hurt

YouTube - Obama's Other Hateful Pastor

Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,503 times
Why is Obama held accountable for anything said by any Chicago African American minister? I am unaware of any significant connection between Senators Obama and Meeks. I think that some White people are desperate to find someway to discredit a man who very well may be the next President of the United States.

Furthermore, Rev. Meeks and Rev. Wright both have the right to say anything they want in their pulpits in their churches. Institutional racism is a virulent and all encompassing "sickness" of American society, but to speak of it is offensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections