Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,072,631 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama’s Latest Pastor Problem: Chicago's Rev. James T. Meeks (ChicagoPride.com)

The judgement and integrity of Barack Obama is a very serious issue in this campaign. The more we unearth about this guy and his associates, the less appealing he is.

The more we find out about him, the more we realize he is not at all who he claims to be. It was very astute of Obama and his handlers to come up with their Hope&Change slogan - but that is all it is, a slogan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM

523 posts, read 1,285,522 times
They're all nuts.

But Obama could win. There's sure enough white guilt around to put him in the White house. I know that's not PC to say, but how else could any sane white person support a black candidate that has such obvious issues with the white race? Self loathing, maybe? Too much fiber in their diet? Not enough? Still mad at Mommy?

I could support several black candidates, just not a racist like Obama.

Remember, Obama supporters: The white Americans are to blame for everything bad in the world. Every single thing.

I used to be a liberal...then I grew up.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,073,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
They're all nuts.

But Obama could win. There's sure enough white guilt around to put him in the White house. I know that's not PC to say, but how else could any sane white person support a black candidate that has such obvious issues with the white race?.
I don't hate my own race as a white person, nor do I particularly love all blacks or feel any "guilt", but I find your remarks about deeply offensive. I like Barak Obama. I like him alot. I don't particularly loath Hillary but Obama is bringing alot to this race and he has some good ideas and alot of new energy. He's very articulate, probably the second most articulate candidate the Democrats have had this race, and he doesn't pander to groups, unlike some people . He tells it like it is.

How could he hate whites when his own mother was white? That doesn't make sense.

This whole thing is just a high-tech lynching brought to you by some rightwing wingnuts and Youtube. They are lynching his character instead of debating the issues.

Obama is the first candidate besides John Edwards (whom I voted for in the Florida primary) that makes me feel good to be an American, in a long, long time. He is indeed a uniter and not a divider and all these distractions and character assasinations are sickening.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,771,580 times
Old news..................

Old 04-29-2008, 10:32 PM

523 posts, read 1,285,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
I don't hate my own race as a white person, nor do I particularly love all blacks or feel any "guilt", but I find your remarks about deeply offensive. I like Barak Obama. I like him alot. I don't particularly loath Hillary but Obama is bringing alot to this race and he has some good ideas and alot of new energy. He's very articulate, probably the second most articulate candidate the Democrats have had this race, and he doesn't pander to groups, unlike some people . He tells it like it is.

How could he hate whites when his own mother was white? That doesn't make sense.

This whole thing is just a high-tech lynching brought to you by some rightwing wingnuts and Youtube. They are lynching his character instead of debating the issues.

Obama is the first candidate besides John Edwards (whom I voted for in the Florida primary) that makes me feel good to be an American, in a long, long time. He is indeed a uniter and not a divider and all these distractions and character assasinations are sickening.

Well, sorry about your issues of feeling deeply offended but I am deeply offended myself at the kind of things that I believe Obama really believes about whites.

As for your comment about his mother being white...His mom dumped him on his grandparents. I think it is very likely he harbors some resentment towards her. It would make perfect sense. Just go ask somebody in the mental health field. They will tell you how common such feelings are.

Sorry, but your multiple use of the word "lynching" makes me It's soooo yesterday.

FYI: I am an independent voter, not a right-wing anything. I am pretty socially liberal.

I am curious as to who (before Edwards and Obama) was the candidate that last "made you feel good to be an American"? I have trouble understanding how some political candidate should affect our feelings of worth and pride. Yet, I hear this statement all the time.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
miu

17,721 posts, read 40,300,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
IHow could he hate whites when his own mother was white? That doesn't make sense.
Read Obama's book Dreams of My Father. I think that a lot of biracial people have conflicting feels about their bloodlines. For instance, while growing up, they never fully belong to one teen racial group or the other. If I had had children, I would have thought hard before bringing biracial children into the world. Growing up is tough enough without having to deal with two racial identities. Of course, there will be adults, particularly the menfolk who will wax poetic about how beautiful and exotic biracial women are, but not every biracial person is a 10 in looks.

Quote:
By contrast, Malcolm X's autobiography "spoke" to Obama. One line in particular "stayed with me," he says. "He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."
Or check out this piece if you don't have time to read his book:

AnnCoulter.com - Printer Friendly Article: OBAMA'S DIMESTORE 'MEIN KAMPF'

Old 04-30-2008, 12:25 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,073,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Of course, there will be adults, particularly the menfolk who will wax poetic about how beautiful and exotic biracial women are, but not every biracial person is a 10 in looks.
Being different makes people have stronger characters. I don't imagine being biracial would be any worse than a dozen other sets of circumstances. If two people love each other, they should get married, and if they want to have kids, they should. They don't owe anything to prejudice. Life can be tough. You could have two white people get married, then bam, their kid grows up to have childhood cancer and dies before getting out of short pants. Life isn't always fair, you shouldn't let your choices be dictated by prejudice of others. If I were a parent I'd be proud to have a kid like Obama.

Quote:
Or check out this piece if you don't have time to read his book:

AnnCoulter.com - Printer Friendly Article: OBAMA'S DIMESTORE 'MEIN KAMPF'
Ah... Ann Coulter, the right wing, misogynistic, homophobic useful idiot.

Actually, I haven't read Obama's book. It doesn't surprise me has "issues" he grapples with in his book. Every person of substance does, I believe.

Fine, he had some resentments of whites as a child in the 70's I can understand that, being as he wasn't white, or at least he wasn't accepted as white. That doesn't mean he's racist. That's really his own business, what goes on his mind. His outward behavior is the only thing that matters to me, not the inner black box. We can guess all day what he words mean, but actions speak louder than words. Obama is out there talking about stuff that makes me feel good, that's all that matters to me. McCain is talking the same tired crap I've heard before, and Hillary is out pretending to be a hard drinker and an anti-elitist.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:46 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,276,556 times
anne coulter's favourite book that she knows by heart: Mein Kampf
she s playing it back to the rednecks

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,440,919 times
I'd like to just say that I'm maybe the whitest guy I know, and I fully support Barack Obama. Not out of guilt. Not because that seems like the PC thing. I grew up in a heavily black community, and I got over the romance of race when I was about 2 years old. I learned from a very young age that people of color are no better or worse than white folks. They're just (big shocker here) people.

I get a little tired of all the silly posturing and diatribes about race and people attempting to lump all members of a race into one category, positive or negative.

Obama has done zero to suggest to me that he's some sort of racist. Chicago's a strange town, race-wise, and there are certainly some folks (in this case, pastors) in the city with some funny ideas about race that have been shaped by years and years of weird, racist goings-on. Even so, Obama's own message seems to be about moving past race.

What do you think is going to happen if Obama gets elected? Will he install an all-black cabinet and make everyone wear dashikis and put whites in camps? Come on. First of all, even if he DID install a lot of black people in his cabinet, I'd say it was about time. Last I checked, white dudes have been making up a majority of the cabinet for some time. Provided jobs are awarded due to accomplishment and not race, I'm all for it. Again, I'd welcome appointments based on merit and not connections. ("You're doin' a heck of a job, Brownie").

Old 04-30-2008, 01:47 AM

307 posts, read 523,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
They're all nuts.

I know that's not PC to say, but how else could any sane white person support a black candidate that has such obvious issues with the white race?

Note I am NOT an Obama supporter, however I have not seen the Racism you seem to attribute to Obama. Maybe I missed it. While he has made some poor choices in who advises him, That by itself means nothing more then he has poor judgement. What has Obama SAID or DONE (Not who he hangs with) that makes you think he "has such obvious issues with the white race?" Please be specific.

Random
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections