Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 01:57 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Where's the plan? She's 100% correct about the dumpster fire known as the Democrats and how cities under their control have deteriorated but what's her plan?

I appreciate her going into the inner city and asking the opinions of the residents, something Republicans(even non-white ones) don't have the balls to do.

But what's her plan?
Tax cuts for the rich. That will trickle down to all the homeless and poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 02:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Does that mean I can get a refund from my Maryland taxes that go to fix that cesspool of Black leadership called Baltimore. I mean, if it's not my concern why should I pay for it?
Lol..for the same reason I have to pay for Iraq and Afghanistan.

BTW...people in Baltimore pay taxes too. Your community gets tax money as well. And your municipality has the same cesspool as everyone else’s.

So again, black folks business is NONE of your concern.

Old 08-23-2020, 02:54 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The KKK supports Republicans. They are a Right-wing organization. Do you really not know that?

You have no idea what racism is if you think my posts were. You're trying way too hard trying to be edgy and it's embarrassing. Go project your biases and insecurities on someone else.
Ok, maybe your posts weren't "racist". They were, however, condescending and belittling to a woman of color. Something you wouldn't tolerate if she were a Democrat.

I still want to know who launders your sheets. Wait, you guys call them robes.

It's funny how you say than the Klan supports Republicans when every, single one of them I've ever come into contact with are Democrats.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, Kim Klacik looks good in this video and tells it like it is, in Baltimore, a city under control of the democrats for decade after decade after decade after decade.... well you get the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEuCOfjTYQ
watch the RNC this week, she'll be there.

BREAKING: Kim Klacik to speak at Republic National Convention

Old 08-23-2020, 03:36 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So here's the thing.

Nothing has stopped this federal administration in the last three years from addressing these problems......and they have done nothing.
We could ask the same of the city administration, but I think they have had more than 3 years of time.

Great commercial, but are the rats gone?

Old 08-23-2020, 03:55 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok, maybe your posts weren't "racist". They were, however, condescending and belittling to a woman of color. Something you wouldn't tolerate if she were a Democrat.

I still want to know who launders your sheets. Wait, you guys call them robes.

It's funny how you say than the Klan supports Republicans when every, single one of them I've ever come into contact with are Democrats.
I'm condescending and belittling to all politicians that make poor campaign choices. I didn't criticize her because she's black, I criticized her because she came off as way out of touch with the communities she's claiming to want to help, while also doing a disservice to the history of why poor minority communities like that exist in the first place. And apparently the people of Baltimore agree because she lost the city by like 95% of the vote last time.

Second, you're lying about the KKK. First, if you're encountering so many of them, maybe you should find better friends. I don't think I've ever met any personally, and wouldn't want to. Second, it's laughable to claim that they would ever support the modern Democratic party. Any quick Google search can find their ideology- white supremacy, nativism, anti-immigration, anti-feminist, anti-non-Christian, anti-LGBT, etc. These are all hallmarks of the present conservatism of the GOP. So let's cut the BS, please.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:20 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
I'm condescending and belittling to all politicians that make poor campaign choices. I didn't criticize her because she's black, I criticized her because she came off as way out of touch with the communities she's claiming to want to help, while also doing a disservice to the history of why poor minority communities like that exist in the first place. And apparently the people of Baltimore agree because she lost the city by like 95% of the vote last time................
Most people think she came across as very much in touch. You should make your case if you have one.
And why DO poor minority communities like that exist? ........... If you have an answer I would sure love to hear it.
Absent of any real information from you, I think it is safe to assume this is just another one of your anti-Trump rants, and you actually dislike her simply because she is a Republican.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:44 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
I'm condescending and belittling to all politicians that make poor campaign choices. I didn't criticize her because she's black, I criticized her because she came off as way out of touch with the communities she's claiming to want to help, while also doing a disservice to the history of why poor minority communities like that exist in the first place. And apparently the people of Baltimore agree because she lost the city by like 95% of the vote last time.

Second, you're lying about the KKK. First, if you're encountering so many of them, maybe you should find better friends. I don't think I've ever met any personally, and wouldn't want to. Second, it's laughable to claim that they would ever support the modern Democratic party. Any quick Google search can find their ideology- white supremacy, nativism, anti-immigration, anti-feminist, anti-non-Christian, anti-LGBT, etc. These are all hallmarks of the present conservatism of the GOP. So let's cut the BS, please.
Who said they were friends? I live in SoMD so your buddies in the white robes are fairly common. At least they're honest about their racism instead of that genteel sort you practice by underestimating abilities (Blacks don't know where the DMV is to get an ID) or the code words (the wrong people) you all use.

And yeah, you're criticizing Klasic because she's a Black Republican with a leavening of misogyny.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:30 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Tax cuts for the rich. That will trickle down to all the homeless and poor.
Tax cuts and their performance aren't definitive, they work on a "bell curve" with a sweet spot. Cut taxes too much, the corporations get a free ride (even that is subjective because at least people have their jobs instead of reduced to gov't handouts). Raise taxes too much, and the corporations simply move else ware/overseas and you've got nothing. BOTH parties administrations of the past have ignored this fact for decades, and have had their hands out for more taxes from a dwindling group of tax payers (domestic corporations/manufacturers and the middle class). Trump is the first one to come along and actually do something about it, and it worked. The federal gov't saw in excess of a 50% increase in collected taxes, by dropping the corporate tax rate almost 1/3rd.
Think of it equal to selling a $1 cheeseburger that your restaurant makes 20 cents on, but you sell 5x as many cheeseburgers as the competition @ $1.39 and therefore profit more. Democrats can't see this and just want to keep raising the price of the cheeseburger......

Old 08-24-2020, 12:46 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Most people think she came across as very much in touch. You should make your case if you have one.
And why DO poor minority communities like that exist? ........... If you have an answer I would sure love to hear it.
Absent of any real information from you, I think it is safe to assume this is just another one of your anti-Trump rants, and you actually dislike her simply because she is a Republican.
No, conservative Trump supporters think that way. Obviously the people of Baltimore disagree.

I gave an answer to that question upthread- 200 years of slavery followed by 100 years of segregation followed by systemic racism and disenfranchisement through the present day. This is all well-known stuff. No single city mayor or council can fix all of those problems. As if Republican-run cities don't have crime or poor minorities.

No, I dislike her because she's like so many Republicans/conservatives- she believes in simple answers to complex problems, platitudes over tangible policy. She's just another empty vessel populist without anything real to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections