Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 02:36 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,024,342 times

Advertisements

Clueless understanding displayed re our system of government. In this order; it is a city, county, state, federal government’s to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So here's the thing.

Nothing has stopped this federal administration in the last three years from addressing these problems......and they have done nothing.

NOW they will.?

If it wasn't a priority last time, it won't be this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 02:48 PM

25,176 posts, read 12,331,449 times
This is the CITY of Baltimore. They have a Mayor, & a City Council. That who runs Baltimore. NOT the federal government in Washington DC.

Did you take any civics class in school? Remember the levels of government? City, County, State, & Federal?

Besides, Baltimore looked the same during Obama's 8 yrs, so even if it was the Feds job to fix it, why didn't Obama? Why wasn't it a priority for America's first black President to fix black cities?

Either way, your post misses the mark entirely, and Kim Klacik is right on the money.

Blacks are awakening to the Democrat lies, and they are going to start voting accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So here's the thing.

Nothing has stopped this federal administration in the last three years from addressing these problems......and they have done nothing.

NOW they will.?

If it wasn't a priority last time, it won't be this time.

Old 08-18-2020, 03:10 PM

8,892 posts, read 2,915,046 times
Case study on liberalism run wild.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:23 PM

8,389 posts, read 8,602,374 times
"Klacik does not live in the 7th District, but she has pledged to move there if elected." In Maryland apparently you just have to live in state, but it is unusual and not positive to me.

What have Republicans done for Baltimore? She mentions absolutely nothing.

District voters are more than 4-1 Democrat to Republican. You can question the wisdom of this but then you are questioning the wisdom of probably over one hundred thousand voters. She thinks they are wrong. Presumably they think they are right given the choices, even is disappointed / frustrated.

A 3 minute ad is probably not going to be run for pay often and maybe not be viewed in full.

College dropout. Runs a non-profit. Not sure on funding. Government funding for her salary is fairly likely.

In favor of expanded access to oral contraceptives.

Born and raised in a wealthy suburb of DC, though I don't know what her neighborhood was like yet.

Lost the special election for this seat 3.5 months ago... by 50 percentage points, I'm told.

Her husband appears to be white and works in his father's corporate accounting firm, which may represent coal companies (among others).

She has never held public office.

Fwiw, 6 of the last 7 Mayors of Baltimore have been black. If local government has been failing, that is worth knowing.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-18-2020 at 06:44 PM..

Old 08-18-2020, 11:40 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,411,866 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8EcvUea-Q

Old 08-19-2020, 02:52 AM

7,967 posts, read 7,302,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yikes. Smokin. Real hope.
This. If I lived in Baltimore (which fortunately I do not, but DH was born there), she'd have my vote. She tells it like it is.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,559,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
"Klacik does not live in the 7th District, but she has pledged to move there if elected." In Maryland apparently you just have to live in state, but it is unusual and not positive to me.

What have Republicans done for Baltimore? She mentions absolutely nothing.

District voters are more than 4-1 Democrat to Republican. You can question the wisdom of this but then you are questioning the wisdom of probably over one hundred thousand voters. She thinks they are wrong. Presumably they think they are right given the choices, even is disappointed / frustrated.

A 3 minute ad is probably not going to be run for pay often and maybe not be viewed in full.

College dropout. Runs a non-profit. Not sure on funding. Government funding for her salary is fairly likely.

In favor of expanded access to oral contraceptives.

Born and raised in a wealthy suburb of DC, though I don't know what her neighborhood was like yet.

Lost the special election for this seat 3.5 months ago... by 50 percentage points, I'm told.

Her husband appears to be white and works in his father's corporate accounting firm, which may represent coal companies (among others).

She has never held public office.

Fwiw, 6 of the last 7 Mayors of Baltimore have been black. If local government has been failing, that is worth knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8EcvUea-Q

Old 08-19-2020, 05:31 AM

30,463 posts, read 17,896,116 times
Sadly, she has no chance in hell and will be attacked as a porch monkey, Aunt Jemimah, and worse by hateful, racist leftists.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:49 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,031,798 times
She is pretty and well spoken. My question is, how much did the GOP pay this young actress? And how much did they give to her campaign? This 3 minutes TV ad looks high quality, glossy - at least $100k to produce.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:57 AM

302 posts, read 180,495 times
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-female-mayors

Three black female Baltimore Democrat mayors were fired or had to resign because of scandals. Female news anchor points this out and is fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections