Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 AM

270 posts, read 527,104 times

Advertisements

Most all of you Obama supporters would not say one bad thing about Reverend Wright. All of you out there defending him, saying that he never said anything wrong. Now that your candidate has come out and said that his remarks are insulting and inappropriate are you too flip flopping and finally admitting that they were wrong. You may argue that this is only after the last remarks he made but it has come the light that Obama called him before the last speech he made and asked him to stop. I never supported Reverend Wright and many of you gave me and others a hard time because of it. What do you think of it now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
Most all of you Obama supporters would not say one bad thing about Reverend Wright. All of you out there defending him, saying that he never said anything wrong. Now that your candidate has come out and said that his remarks are insulting and inappropriate are you too flip flopping and finally admitting that they were wrong. You may argue that this is only after the last remarks he made but it has come the light that Obama called him before the last speech he made and asked him to stop. I never supported Reverend Wright and many of you gave me and others a hard time because of it. What do you think of it now?
i didnt know Rev Wright is on the Ballot box for Prez??

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
What does Wright have to do with the price of beans and our future. Yeah and Bill denied Monica and repented. Hillary supported Bill and then said oops I guess he wasn't on the phone at 3:00 solving a crisis. We need to hear about their positions and have their positions discussed by experts in the field. Sorta like the gas tax holiday is now being slammed by economist.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
i didnt know Rev Wright is on the Ballot box for Prez??
Here we go again huh? Nobody ever said that he is on the Ballot. I see you still won't admit to being naive enough to defend him. If I remember right you are one who said that he never said anything wrong and everything was taken out of context. Will it take you 23 years to see your mistake just like it did Obama? Admit you were wrong and move on.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
Here we go again huh? Nobody ever said that he is on the Ballot. I see you still won't admit to being naive enough to defend him. If I remember right you are one who said that he never said anything wrong and everything was taken out of context. Will it take you 23 years to see your mistake just like it did Obama? Admit you were wrong and move on.
I DEFENDED FREEDOM OF SPEECH, GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH

Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What does Wright have to do with the price of beans and our future. Yeah and Bill denied Monica and repented. Hillary supported Bill and then said oops I guess he wasn't on the phone at 3:00 solving a crisis. We need to hear about their positions and have their positions discussed by experts in the field. Sorta like the gas tax holiday is now being slammed by economist.
I would love it if each candidate was required to propose a plan for let's say the top 10 issues. List how they would resolve each issue, how they would finance their plans etc. Then have like you have said, a panel of experts evaluate each candidate's plans and put out the panel's opinions. Of course we would then have to make sure that the panel had no bias one way or another. Maybe make the candidate's plans anonymous and include a few bogus proposals/plans in with the real candidate's proposal to keep them honest.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I would love it if each candidate was required to propose a plan for let's say the top 10 issues. List how they would resolve each issue, how they would finance their plans etc. Then have like you have said, a panel of experts evaluate each candidate's plans and put out the panel's opinions. Of course we would then have to make sure that the panel had no bias one way or another. Maybe make the candidate's plans anonymous and include a few bogus proposals/plans in with the real candidate's proposal to keep them honest.
Its out there if you google

Economists hate Hillary's Gas plan; poke a 2 Trillion hole in McCain's tax cuts
Elizabeth Edwards doesnt agree with Obama's health plan, hasnt endorsed Hillary, and hates Mccain's Health plan
Hillary plans to nuke iran; Obama planned withdraw; McCrazy plan to use the warmanchine to drive the economy a la Star Wars: attack of the drones

Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:

Elizabeth Edwards doesnt agree with Obama's health plan, hasnt endorsed Hillary, and hates Mccain's Health plan
Hillary plans to nuke iran; Obama planned withdraw; McCrazy plan to use the warmanchine to drive the economy a la Star Wars: attack of the drones
I said an unbias panel of experts.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:

And there in is the problem. You have to dig to find legitimate fodder to choose candidates on but the tabloid info is there for the world to trip over. Instead of dealing with the junk ABC threw at the last debate why didn't they challenge the candidates on their postions as being panned by experts more. WE should be hearing more about how some of their proposals will hu rtus and not about what someone they know said.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I DEFENDED FREEDOM OF SPEECH, GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH
No, You said that everything he said was taken out of context by the media, the Republicans and Clinton. I was the one that said he has freedom of speech. There you go again defending your position because you can't admit you were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections