Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 01:13 PM

215 posts, read 47,036 times

Advertisements

I can believe these numbers including streaming.

128 million viewed. https://mobile.twitter.com/stirednot...48373109706754
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
So what you are saying is you don't care what is factual....you only want news that will agree with your opinion, and world view.
In other words you want proganda, not real news.
The legacy media will try to cut off Trump at every turn.

Not sure what you are talking about.

I'm surprised the DNC didn't get more since people love a Trainwreck

Old 08-26-2020, 01:15 PM

If I wanted propaganda I would watch CNN, Fox News MSNBC, lol

Old 08-26-2020, 01:32 PM

14,818 posts, read 8,145,319 times
^Okay but what you are saying is you believe the Trump campaign on Twitter and the New York Post (the two sources you linked)
are better than the Wall Street Journal, TV Guide and the New York Times (the sources I used)???????
The Wall Street Journal is very respected, and is very conservative in nature, the New York times is one of the most respected news sources in the world....the TV Guide.....can't imagine them being Politically slanted at all.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 08-26-2020 at 01:45 PM..

Old 08-26-2020, 01:36 PM

6,139 posts, read 2,757,071 times
The Big Orange guy is all about ratings although it doesn't matter to most folks it does to him.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:16 PM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialphone View Post
I can believe these numbers including streaming.

128 million viewed. https://mobile.twitter.com/stirednot...48373109706754
Why stop there? How about 2 billion people watched? It seems impossible for Trump or Trumpers to put out any numbers without having to change them and make them more Trump Friendly. AKA lie.

Amazing.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:28 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,503,755 times
Quote:
If I wanted propaganda I would watch CNN, Fox News MSNBC, lol

Putin is calling you. He needs another Vodka Tonic ASAP! Back to work comrade!

Old 08-27-2020, 06:10 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,708,174 times
Quote:
As Karl Rove said today, Too many cord cutters today for TV ratings to mean anything without streaming numbers along side them.
Trump's key age demographic are people over 50. Not so many cord cutters among them (1 in 6, see source). Cable TV only survives because the technology switch away from just channel flipping is too steep for people that have been doing that their entire lives. The same number of cord cutters existed last week during the DNC as this week during the RNC. There might be some argument about cord cutters for why the RNC has 26% less viewers than 2016. The DNC also saw a similar drop in ratings versus their 2016 event.

So, both conventions saw a similar drop. I think that accounts for cord cutters and many other factors. I think people just need to accept that less people are interested in what Trump and his party have to say.
Source:

Old 08-27-2020, 11:22 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Trump's key age demographic are people over 50. Not so many cord cutters among them (1 in 6, see source). Cable TV only survives because the technology switch away from just channel flipping is too steep for people that have been doing that their entire lives. The same number of cord cutters existed last week during the DNC as this week during the RNC. There might be some argument about cord cutters for why the RNC has 26% less viewers than 2016. The DNC also saw a similar drop in ratings versus their 2016 event.

So, both conventions saw a similar drop. I think that accounts for cord cutters and many other factors. I think people just need to accept that less people are interested in what Trump and his party have to say.
Source:
This, exactly. The country is literally imploding as we speak but we get absolutely no solutions from Trump, no platform on what he would do differently going forward. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. All the while he and his party take absolutely no responsibility for the dire condition we are in even though they control 2/3rds of the government. Nope, it's all Nancy Pelosi's fault.

What is the point of tuning in to the GOP convention? Their entire spiel seems to be, reelect us, even though we have no plans to change anything. We pledge to give you four more years of the same crap we're living in right now.

Why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections