Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 08:48 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,174,260 times

Advertisements

The entire message of Trump, the GOP and his supporters is basically: "Ignore the dystopian nightmare under our leadership so that we can project one under a Biden presidency. And remember that only we can fix the dystopian nightmare created under our watch because it's all the Democrats' fault."

Who are all these people stupid enough to buy this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 10:03 AM

7,253 posts, read 4,820,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have a republican governor in our very blue state. I voted for him twice. I voted for him because he's a moderate republican and not some nut job in the party. And Trump running on law and order is just BS. These riots are under his watch. What is he doing about it.....nothing. And how can he run on law and order when many in his administration have been arrested and indicted.
Every informed and intelligent person knows that Trump cannot play dictator and send help without the consent of mayors. In WI, the governor finally asked for help and got it. That night there was peace in Kenosha. You’re unclear about whether your republican run state is having riots but I doubt it’s happening there. You generalized and implied it was though.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:09 AM

8,947 posts, read 2,995,029 times
We need to stop this radical political correctness and race baiting too.

It's gone so far that if ANY black person is shot then it's AUTOMATICALLY racism and AUTOMATICALLY a ticket to destroy your own neighborhoods.

If it's racist to enforce laws then that's not sustainable.

The left is on the wrong side of this issue.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:25 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,614,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
The key takeaway from the RNC was that Americans shouldn't like what's going on with him as president, yet they should reelect him because only he can fix said problems.

Trump said the Coronavirus pandemic will only get worse with Joe because he doesn't follow science (I swear that Trump said this -- listen to his speech) and the riots are his fault as well because he didn't do anything in Congress for 47 years.

I guess Trump doesn't believe that the buck stops at the president's desk -- unless someone else is president, of course.

You are exactly right. All of the civil unrest and deaths from Covid-19 are already happening under Trump as the president. He has done little to stop this. It therefore defies logic for anyone to think things will somehow get better with a trump 2nd term. The proof is what we are seeing in Trump's first term.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:56 PM

30,774 posts, read 18,527,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
What weakens your argument is the fact that Biden has experience dealing with this kind of stuff. He and Obama were able to contain H1N1 and Ebola.

Trump may tout that he's the man when it comes to business (his failed businesses and bankruptcies say otherwise), but when it comes to anything related to science/health, he is in over his head. And kudos to Trump for gutting the pandemic team Obama and Biden left in place.

We lead the world in deaths, and it isn't even close. Trump was slow to act -- plain and simple. He can try to spin it any way he likes, but the mounting death count is certainly something he won't be able to write off as fake news.
What weakens your argument is that Ebola is nowhere near as contagious as Covid. And nor is H1N1.

Additionally, given that Ebola originated in a part of the world with little overseas tourism, the risk was never going to be as great.

We lead the world in deaths, but not in death rate. In fact, our Covid death rate still is lower than much of Western Europe. You can't talk about deaths without talking about death rate, especially given that not all countries have the same size population. Comparing 1,000 deaths--as an example--in a country with 200 million people to 200 deaths in a country with 1 million people, it's clear which country is worse off. And it ain't the country with the higher death total.

But, again, Biden's experience led him to call the President's decision to cut off travel from China due to Covid as "xenophobic," which again tells me that he would not have done the same thing. That's not the kind of experience we need right now.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:04 PM

1,360 posts, read 559,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What weakens your argument is that Ebola is nowhere near as contagious as Covid. And nor is H1N1.

Additionally, given that Ebola originated in a part of the world with little overseas tourism, the risk was never going to be as great.

We lead the world in deaths, but not in death rate. In fact, our Covid death rate still is lower than much of Western Europe. You can't talk about deaths without talking about death rate, especially given that not all countries have the same size population. Comparing 1,000 deaths--as an example--in a country with 200 million people to 200 deaths in a country with 1 million people, it's clear which country is worse off. And it ain't the country with the higher death total.

But, again, Biden's experience led him to call the President's decision to cut off travel from China due to Covid as "xenophobic," which again tells me that he would not have done the same thing. That's not the kind of experience we need right now.
Exactly this! ^^

... and LOL @ the people who say Obama saved the USA from Ebola... give me a break please. Ebola was only a pandemic in Africa and as mentioned... little overseas tourism.

Spot on about the deaths too... can't talk about deaths without talking about the death rate... but all I keep hearing from the haters is "OMG we have 185k deaths"... but they conveniently leave out the "out of 6M cases" part. Either way, they'll still blame Trump because everyone knows nobody would have died under Obama or Biden.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:49 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,797,578 times
Quote:
And how can he run on law and order when many in his administration have been arrested and indicted.
This is an excellent point and one Joe needs to bring up.

I still remember Trump saying he works with "the best people." Yep, he sure does.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post

... and LOL @ the people who say Obama saved the USA from Ebola... give me a break please. Ebola was only a pandemic in Africa and as mentioned... little overseas tourism.

Spot on about the deaths too... can't talk about deaths without talking about the death rate... but all I keep hearing from the haters is "OMG we have 185k deaths"... but they conveniently leave out the "out of 6M cases" part. Either way, they'll still blame Trump because everyone knows nobody would have died under Obama.
If Trump had it his way, he would blame Obama and Biden for COVID.

He just want to take credit for everything that goes right and
absolve himself from everything that reflects poorly on him.

No apologies. No saying that maybe he could have done things differently. No saying he made mistakes, like saying it was a hoax and that it would magically disappear.

Old 08-29-2020, 03:01 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,793,626 times
Quote:
We have a republican governor in our very blue state. I voted for him twice. I voted for him because he's a moderate republican and not some nut job in the party. And Trump running on law and order is just BS. These riots are under his watch. What is he doing about it.....nothing. And how can he run on law and order when many in his administration have been arrested and indicted.
He hasn't even offered any words of healing to our nation. He just talks about the violence and how everyone should be in fear for their lives if Biden wins.

Just a few words from the most powerful man in the world, addressing the pain in our country right now could have a strong impact.

Old 08-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The entire message of Trump, the GOP and his supporters is basically: "Ignore the dystopian nightmare under our leadership so that we can project one under a Biden presidency. And remember that only we can fix the dystopian nightmare created under our watch because it's all the Democrats' fault."

Who are all these people stupid enough to buy this?
Well put! Trump isn't the outsider candidate crusading against the establishment anymore. He has a record to defend now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections