Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:20 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
How many times must you be told that it is a handful of states that matter? You are still making the Hillary Clinton mistake of believing that somehow Cali and New York can save you:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ers-toward-gop

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6761.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...ground-states/

The electoral college ins't going away.
Okay, but which states are supposedly getting closer? I literally just went over an entire month's worth of swing state polls and couldn't really find any states where there was significant movement. The issue with most is that there have been too few polls to show real trends, and not enough of the same pollsters doing multiple polls showing any trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 05:27 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,126,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Much of that is due to ONE REPUBLICAN POLLSTER,
And how many times do we have to explain to you that you need to listen to the pollsters you don't like, because it has been proven by both wikileaks and the 2016 results that most polls intentionally bend to the democrats due to intentional sampling errors?

Look, I am just trying to help you. You have your narrative all set up that you are going to believe, regardless, JUST LIKE 2016. I am letting you know, that just like 2016, you are going to lose this things. I told you then, and I'm telling you now:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...get-trump.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Okay, but which states are supposedly getting closer? I literally just went over an entire month's worth of swing state polls and couldn't really find any states where there was significant movement. The issue with most is that there have been too few polls to show real trends, and not enough of the same pollsters doing multiple polls showing any trends.
You didn't go over it very well, then.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:36 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,491,083 times
Riots, arson, looting are big turnoffs to most people. Your taxes and/or insurance will increase. The constant SJW mantras; cancel culture; equity not equality; free, free, free; identity politics; etc. are a turn off.

My epiphany moment was the select of Kamala Harris as VP. It appears to me that Biden is mentally unfit and has spent too much time in government. If Kamala Harris becomes president, the US is in for a bumpy ride.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:37 PM

22,196 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
And how many times do we have to explain to you that you need to listen to the pollsters you don't like, because it has been proven by both wikileaks and the 2016 results that most polls intentionally bend to the democrats due to intentional sampling errors?

Look, I am just trying to help you. You have your narrative all set up that you are going to believe, regardless, JUST LIKE 2016. I am letting you know, that just like 2016, you are going to lose this things. I told you then, and I'm telling you now:

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/ele...get-trump.html

For starters I go by the consensus of polling, not one specific pollster. I also tend to take internal polls, and partisan pollsters with a grain of salt.

Second, the wikileaks story you mentioned did not even say what you said it did, and was about internal 2008 Primary polling and making sure they are sampling enough people to get a large enough sample of certain groups (not bending the results of polls)

Have things gotten a little tighter? Yes, but the election didn't change quickly just because one Republican polling organization with a spotty overall history said it did (yes they got PA & MI right in 2016, but also have a ton of misses)

Old 08-29-2020, 05:42 PM

13,804 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
The hypocrisy of the allowing such mass protests with arson, looting, assault, and even murder, with literally NO consequences while telling everyone who's NOT a protester to "stay home and save lives" and locking down a good portion of the economy. If I meet someone who lives in another household, I could get fined for violating Covid restrictions but if I go protest with thousands of strangers, shoulder to shoulder, it's not only totally fine, but encouraged. If the mass protests/riots hadn't happened and the government had been allowed to re open the economy and let people (even with restrictions on group size and limiting numbers in restaurants in indoor venues), I really think Biden would have won but both mistakes have ruined any chances. Even California may go to Trump this election.
Cal won't go for Trump but the numbers might be closer than 2016. The same with NY.

The surprise of 2020 could be that Trump not only wins.

But wins the popular vote too.

Old 08-29-2020, 05:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:

By all means, I am waiting for your analysis.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
In addition to the conventions, Biden's plan for America was exposed last week and it doesn't look good for America. Biden's handlers are all wild eyed, left wing Marxists who wish to tear down America, which you can see has already begun, and rebuild it using Karl Marx's blueprint. Read up on it, it carried out we will all be living in Cuba like conditions in a decade or so. The most important election of our lifetime. Vote for Biden or vote for America...
Open borders, free everything for all including illegal aliens, equal pay for al, everyone will have the same amount of money, on and on, you need to read to believe their plans. He gets in and America is screwed.
All of their promises are the same promises Fidel Castro made to his people. the suckers bought it, it was utopia. By the time they realized they had made a mistake, it was too late to turn back.

This is an absolute if Biden is elected.. Believe it, look it up. Research will scare you to death

https://nypost.com/2020/07/21/joe-bi...ricas-suburbs/

Old 08-29-2020, 06:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox;59032233 [B
Even California may go to Trump this election[/b].
Not gonna happen. No way, no how.

Is Harmeet Dhillion paying you to say this? Even she doesn't believe that!

Old 08-29-2020, 07:34 PM

826 posts, read 245,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
2 months ago, Biden was up big in the polls and at times having over a 10 point lead in the polls. Trump was getting destroyed, with the church photo-op and especially after a major flop at his Tulsa rally. It seemed that the election was done and that Biden would win with ease. However, now the race is much more competitive and it feels like Trump is on the upswing while Biden is losing momentum. The polls in the swing states are tightening, and Trump's approval has hit 44% in RCP for the first time since May. What is going on? How did the trajectory of the race change so quickly?
Because the Democrats have been encouraging and supporting violence.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:36 PM

826 posts, read 245,272 times
Imagine being so anti Trump that you are pro crime. People are seeing that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections