Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the largest voting block in america, the white working class, was "an integral and important constituency of the democratic party" for generations. they no longer are because democrats did not "address their needs and wants politically". these voters have been called deplorables, racists, uneducated, nazis and worse by democrat politicians and their surrogates for their choice in 2016.
This argument doesnt really work when your side indeed includes people who think caring about black people = hating white people.

Also, if you are against name calling, then be against it. call your side out when they do it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 02:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Black voters have in the past voted democrat. it will be interesting to see who these voters choose for president in 2020. Those that do reject the democratic party in 2020 and vote for trump, will they be required to "apologize, justify or explain"? I wonder.
Well, it's just that white conservative often chastize black voters for heaviliy going Democratic by snide remarks like "being on the Plantation, mindless, and other insults. You want black votes? Work for them.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
Isn't the overall American average about 57% of eligible voters in POTUS election years?
Close, about 60% in presidential elections, 40% in midterm elections. Get people off their butts and the outcome could change drastically. This is why there is ballot harvesting.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Black and brown pull together whites are rugged individualists
We used to pull together too but that was before Hollywood super heros

Old 09-02-2020, 03:39 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,446,284 times
Past behavior is a predicate for future behaviors. Well THAT theory went straight out the window and into the sewer in the 2016 election. The very groups demographically being targeted flipped .
From heritage /culture identified to economic groupings.
I still recall in Florida the Hispanic community pledging towards Clinton, then bam! Flipped to the dark side.
Clearly a new diagram of groupings is forming one which is transparent and polarized.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:42 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Biden never lost the majority in South Carolina, turnout alone shows you that, you simply are angry they
didnt vote for your guy and for some reason think Clyburn had this giant affect, he didnt.
They were already rallying behind Biden, Clyburn shored up his support. It seems to suggest blacks vote in a singular bloc or at least more so compared to other demographics.

Quote:
Your assumption was wrong, or you are very old, in which your assumption was true because racist prevented black people from voting.
I'm very young, but I can tell blacks vote in lower percentages than other demographics which suggests the whole narrative that "blacks vote because they need to survive and other privileged groups don't understand" doesn't work.

Quote:
The real question is, why do you , a white guy from New Hampshire, keep attacking black people, or care how we vote ?
Immigrants from the Asiatic world are far more racist than white people, you should keep that in mind.

Quote:
Your comments are condescending.
Politicians have power and use it to belittle wide swaths of the population, I on the other hand have no power at all.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:44 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Or is it just media rhetoric.

I think they vote pretty homogeneously (when Clyburn told them to vote Biden, the voted Biden)

But how many of them actually vote? I grew up with the assumption only a low percentage of them were involved.

In that case what is with all the argumentative backing from progressives that blacks are highly informed voters who know exactly whats going on.

Is this just patronizing racial pandering to shore up support for the democratic establishment or are black people a major power bloc in America now?

Even republicans talk about winning 20-30% of the African American vote as if it would be one of their largest victories ever.

It seems condescending, especially if its not true.
Black people vote more than any other minority. And many people see the Black vote as anathema because of the high rate of supporting Democrats.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Immigrants from the Asiatic world are far more racist than white people, you should keep that in mind.
Wow. You're 2 for 2 in being condenscending, if not insulting, to two ethnic groups. I happen to be Asian American and I take exception with your comment.

Look, if you're so concerned about how certain groups vote in elections, why aren't you out and about canvassing or talking to them instead of talking smack?

Old 09-02-2020, 04:38 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
I don't care who someone else votes for because that is their business, no matter what color they happen to be.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:45 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Wow. You're 2 for 2 in being condenscending, if not insulting, to two ethnic groups. I happen to be Asian American and I take exception with your comment.

Look, if you're so concerned about how certain groups vote in elections, why aren't you out and about canvassing or talking to them instead of talking smack?
I don't care enough, and I won't be able to change their mind.

It is fascinating how politicians and media are building a false perception of black voters for their own ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections