Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 06:31 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,058 times

Advertisements

I think Trump’s best path at this point is to carry the following states:

125 - all states red of the below, excluding ME-2 and NE-2
38 - Texas
6 - Iowa
16 - Georgia
29 - Florida
15 - North Carolina
18 - Ohio
16 - Michigan
20 - Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 06:55 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times
Trump seems to have acquiesced Michigan. If that is on his "must-win" list, he might be in trouble with that path.

Old 09-11-2020, 07:23 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,218,705 times
I think Michigan is gone. I think the R held Wisconsin Supreme Court stopping the distribution of absentee ballots is going to fire up straggling Dems and some independents. And going back to the original question- if Kristen Sinema can win statewide in Arizona I think Biden will also. If anything Mark Kelly might pull him over the finish line. The current polling on that Senate race is unlike anything I ever thought I would witness in any Mountain state much less Arizona. In Pennsylvania the more people who vote, the better Biden's chances.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:59 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,613 times
It would be a catastrophic rebuke of Trumpism if Trump loses PA/AZ/NC.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:04 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,968,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Trump seems to have acquiesced Michigan. If that is on his "must-win" list, he might be in trouble with that path.
"Acquiesced?"

He just did a rally with thousands of people there yesterday. Biden was also there recently where he was met by....TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

Why would BOTH candidates be in Michigan at nearly the same time if either side believes it's not competitive?

Old 09-11-2020, 09:28 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The election will be decided in the swing states so Trump still has a shot, mostly via cheating.

Hacking. The Russians are still attempting to hack and manipulate voter registrations. It doesn’t need to be widespread, it’s a few thousand here and a few thousand there. In the swing states of course.

Voter suppression. Just watch, in GOP controlled states they will limit voter access. For example, Miami Dade will have one voter booth open for the entire county. Of course this is an exaggeration but they will throttle voter access in a big way.

Hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballots will be rejected do to legal reason such as missing or mismatched signature. This can tie in the hacking as mentioned above.

Postal delays/ deliver failures.
The old Russian conspiracy thing again. LOL.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:08 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
"Acquiesced?"

He just did a rally with thousands of people there yesterday. Biden was also there recently where he was met by....TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

Why would BOTH candidates be in Michigan at nearly the same time if either side believes it's not competitive?
I missed the news about Trump being in Michigan. Then again, I do recall a thread about some rally there today(?) or yesterday(?) For the past few months, there was not much said about Michigan other than Trump wasn't buying ads there. He needs to add Michigan to the mix to have a path to victory.

Biden would be in Michigan regardless. He doesn't want to make the same mistake as Clinton where she didn't spend much time in Wisconsin and just some in Michigan. She didn't give them enough attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections