Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 05:47 PM

1,360 posts, read 559,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Of the popular vote:

Trump: 50%
Biden: 45%
Other: 5%

Before this week, I thought that it is WAY too close to call at this point, but now that I think that Biden's dementia is nowalmost indisputable and that it is more and more obvious that he is in no condition to undertake the duties and responsibilities of being POTUS, that voters who were/are on the fence will vote for Trump, even though they might have to hold their noses when doing so. And the debates, if they do occur, will convince even more people that Biden is simply no longer fit for the job.

I think that more people in the middle third of the scale will view Trump/Pence as safer than Biden/Harris, meaning that they won't trust Biden (or if it comes to that, Harris) to do as good of a job as Trump has. (Although, imo, Trump has not done a great job, I think he has done a better job than Biden or Harris would do as POTUS.)

I also think Trump will win the electoral college again, and by a slightly greater margin than in 2016.
Agreed. +1

I like the way you think... and there's nothing wrong with holding the nose. It's refreshing to see a post with some reality thrown in...

It really amazes me that the CD Trump haters STILL deny that Biden is showing signs of dementia. It's utterly mind boggling how they refuse to admit what is sooooo obvious... and I'd be saying that if I were a Democrat or an Independent too. The POTUS is the toughest job in the world... and to think that people want to vote for someone with mental issues shows a lot of ignorance. Never mind the fact he ran twice before and got nowhere... 3rd time the charm? A 50 year career politician is gonna bring about massive change?

The good news is these forums are a very small percentage of voters... and I'm 100% confident the american people will make the correct choice... just like in 2016.

#TRUMP2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 08:02 PM

30,443 posts, read 12,035,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
OP, Who is getting -2%?

59 plus 43 is 102.

Its a bet not polling. It does not add up to 100. Right now its 60-44

Old 09-15-2020, 07:10 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,723,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Most are withing the MOE. But Trump has to almost run the table and they are all showing Biden ahead. Agreed anything could happen.
Margin of error works both ways. In 2016, Trump had those errors in his favor in the states he needed it. Looking for a repeat of that is desperation. It is like being down two runs in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs and hitting a 3-un homerun to win the game. And then expecting the same result the next time your team is in that situation.

Was 2016 exciting? Sure. But to assume that errors will all be in Trump's favor and those errors be larger than 2016 is wishful thinking. He needs to tighten up the polls to have a good shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections