Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 09:12 PM

30,441 posts, read 12,035,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Bloomy spent $2B on his own campaign, and he won 1 caucus on some Island in the middle of the ocean.

Hillary outspent Trump by millions.

Let him waste his money.
I am not a Bloomberg fan but it was $935 million not $2 billion. Seems like there is never a number put out by Trump or a Trumper that is not exaggerated by a large amount. Do they not get that lowers their credibility?

But its true he wasted a lot of money I will give you that. But the dude has the money and he is old. So its his business. As far as whether spending on Biden has a better ROI than on his own campaign we will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 09:39 PM

2,449 posts, read 983,454 times
Bloomberg LOVES pumping billions of dollars into the economy. This will undoubtedly lower unemployment, and raise GDP all benefiting Trump. How Ironic. Thank's Bloomy.

Old 09-13-2020, 10:54 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This will free up Biden to focus on the Latino outreach out and PA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b9f_story.html

Here comes the calvry ha ha

I like this part
Didn't he already try to buy a Primary?

Old 09-14-2020, 05:39 AM

5,071 posts, read 6,388,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
So many other uses for that 100 million with so many people out of work and in delinquency of mortgages and rent.
Someone still doesn't know who they are voting for at this point, and if so, a commercial is going to sway you?
Bloomberg has obviously decided getting the current occupant out of the White House is his preferred use of HIS money. I am sure he’ll take your opinion into very close consideration, though.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:16 AM

11,036 posts, read 4,474,944 times
Biden leads Florida by 1.2 according to RealClearPolitics.
Here's how Hillary did-

Old 09-14-2020, 07:32 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
GREAT to see

Mike realizes how dangerous the corrupt (see DOJ), incompetent (see Covid response), un-American (see the pathetic republican draft-dodger's comments about McCain and fallen warriors) trump-pence administration is...
Get a life: we all know what Trump said about McCain. That is old news for heavens sake. As for fallen warriors it has been pretty well documented the story was made up or partly made up. As for the COVID it may not have been handled 100% correctly but, if you pay any attention you would remember Biden also told us it was over done and we shouldn't take this seriously. I think this was the feeling many or us had. Mike is no one to talk in my opinion.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
do political ads, door knockers, or phone calls sway voters to a political candidate? I wonder, but doubt they do. i have always found all these intrusions annoying.
Pretty much agree. There was a time when door knocking was the way to go, but not so much anymore. The over the top spending on TV ads, to me is a total waste of money. Maybe a few ok, but this has gotten so out of hand I can't believe it. If Mike is really spending that kind of money he needs to see a shrink

Old 09-14-2020, 07:39 AM

30,441 posts, read 12,035,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Get a life: we all know what Trump said about McCain. That is old news for heavens sake. As for fallen warriors it has been pretty well documented the story was made up or partly made up.

Please explain this comment.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
So many other uses for that 100 million with so many people out of work and in delinquency of mortgages and rent.
Someone still doesn't know who they are voting for at this point, and if so, a commercial is going to sway you?
Oh how true: I really think he is doing this to get attention and not for any other reason: I doubt he really cares who wins.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Please explain this comment.
Easy: four who were there at the time said he did not make the comment. As for what he has said about McCain that is something we all have known for years; no love lost between them. I do think comments he has made about McCain are uncalled for and I am no lover of McCain. I know personally a few things he did did that were terrible in my view; All I will say and let it go: remember the keating 5?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections