Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 09:04 AM

1,361 posts, read 554,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

Who is President of the country where all these cities reside?

Trump's America is rioting, a willfully ignored pandemic, high unemployment and negative GDP. Yes, let's have four more years of that. If Trump was willing to lie about the seriousness of the pandemic, I wonder what else he misled America on...
... and we will.

Like I told you in another thread there is no shame in admitting you are rooting for the virus. I know many Trump haters that are and have admitted it. That's all you've got... a virus originating in China that became a world wide pandemic and it's all Trump's fault.

Please just stop. You're reminding me of our idiot governor Jay Inslee (the guy who ran for President on climate change and got .00001% support) who is blaming the west coast wildfires on climate change while like 5 guys have been arrested for arson.

Now the riots are Trump's fault too? You people are hilarious.

#TRUMP2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 08:00 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,707,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
... and we will.

Like I told you in another thread there is no shame in admitting you are rooting for the virus. I know many Trump haters that are and have admitted it. That's all you've got... a virus originating in China that became a world wide pandemic and it's all Trump's fault.

Please just stop. You're reminding me of our idiot governor Jay Inslee (the guy who ran for President on climate change and got .00001% support) who is blaming the west coast wildfires on climate change while like 5 guys have been arrested for arson.

Now the riots are Trump's fault too? You people are hilarious.

#TRUMP2020
So what you consider to be presidential is the president going into a fetal position in a time of crisis? He willfully ignored the pandemic while knowing the danger.

Imagine if Obama left the recession recovery to the states. "Sorry, this isn't my problem. No, we won't help you. Hey, I had nothing to do with this crisis."

You love to put words in people's mouths. I'm not saying the riots are Trump's fault. Nor are they Biden's fault. You want to make a case against Jay Inslee? Go right ahead. You want to make a case against mayors of Democratic cities? Go right ahead. Pinning riots on Biden is laughable.

I'm not rooting for the virus. I wear my mask and social distance and all of that. My wife opted to homeschool the kids this year because the public school situation here. If I was "rooting for the virus" I'd be telling people do NOT wear masks and go out to packed bars and have pool parties etc. That's the best part. 50% of the country that listens to science were wearing masks and social distancing to cut down on the spread of the virus. Whereas, those that believe masks are a political statement, refuse to wear them, and did not alter their lifestyle to minimize the spread are why we still have 23% of the world's deaths and cases while only having 4% of the world's population.

Many of us did our part. Many of us heeded the CDC's recommendation to wear masks on April 3rd. Many of us did that beforehand. It took Trump 110 days to come around on this. It wasn't until late July when I began to see near 100% compliance with masks in my area. And don't be surprised when you find that within 10 days of Trump's mask recommendation, we finally saw the peak level off and drop.

Trump speaks. People listen. If Trump had made this recommendation in April when the CDC told us to wear masks, imagine the lives he would have saved:

April 3rd - CDC recommends masks to mitigate the spread. The US has 288,000 cases with 8,960 deaths. Trump says he won't wear one. Later he claims it is a political statement against him.
July 21st - Trump finally recommends masks. Cases are 4,031,000 with 145,000 deaths.
August 1st - 7-day rolling average of cases beings to drop
August 3rd - 7-day rolling average of deaths passes its peak

Half of us were doing the right thing. We didn't need Trump to tell us. There is direct cause and effect of Trump saying "wear a mask" and then cases drop.

Now, it only took him 3.8 million more cases and 136,000 deaths to get there. Those are on his head. Period. I've lost family and friends to coronavirus. Don't begin to tell me I'm rooting for it.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:33 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,622,013 times
2016 Trump's Margin of Victory in states where it was less than 1%
0.2% Mich.
0.7% Pa.
0.8% Wis.

All three of these states were part of the so called "blue wall" who voted Democrat for 6 elections in a row (2 for Clinton, 2 against GW Bush, and 2 for Obama).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
We’re heading into the final stretch of the election with very few undecided voters. Given the way things are looking for Trump in WI, MI, PA, and now AZ, it is understandable the campaign is desperate to expand their path. Which state MUST Trump flip in exchange for the EC votes he is going to lose from WI and MI and very possibly PA and AZ?
Trump won WI in 2016 without a single poll predicting he would win. Trump can afford to lose MI and PA (that he won in 2016), but if he still wins all the other states he won in 2016 (including WI and AZ) he will win the presidency.

If Biden stares off into space for 30 seconds during the debates, I think Trump will feel more confident. If there is obvious signs of dementia then I doubt the Democratic Party will replace him weeks before the election. I think they are counting on the anti-Trump agenda being strong enough that they would rather elect someone who must resign than go another 4 years with Trump.

Bloomberg is going to spend $100 million to make sure Trump loses in Florida. That is a tremendous amount of money, and normally donors get the Ambassadorship to London, UK for a lot smaller contribution. Presumably, he would like that position to end his political career in Britain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections