Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 08:01 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,717,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Or maybe he thinks those states are in the bag.
Sounds like another failed presidential candidate's fatal mistake...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 08:08 AM

30,334 posts, read 11,965,943 times
Quote:

Democrats had written off Ohio back in January.
Nevada and Iowa also? Only statewide poll in Ohio the past couple months is Rasmussen and they have Biden +4

Old 09-16-2020, 08:48 AM

13,720 posts, read 9,060,580 times
Quote:

Now that the Biden campaign has lots of money, I imagine that they will up the spending in Ohio. Indeed, in another thread it was noted that Mr. Bloomberg will be spending 100 million in Florida on behalf of Mr. Biden. That, of course, means that the Biden campaign does not have to spend money in Florida, and may apply it elsewhere, such as Ohio.

Given the polling in Ohio, I bet the Biden Campaign sees that state as winnable:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-general/ohio/

Old 09-17-2020, 12:00 AM

29,232 posts, read 22,494,585 times
While both Ohio and Florida are very important swing states, Florida is the more important of the two.
No President in the past 100 years has ever won an election without Florida, it's such a large state now that it alone can swing the election.

That's why Bloomberg has made such a tremendous donation. I also think Bloomberg very deliberately waited to make it, holding back until he thought the timing was just right.

I'm sure it is a very personal thing for Bloomberg as well. Old New York grudges run very deep.

Old 09-17-2020, 01:10 AM

310 posts, read 173,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Today the Trump campaign cancelled more Ad Buys for the week. This time IA, NV and Ohio.

They are running out of money. Trump used $40 million dollars of campaign funds for his personal attorney fees. Now the campaign has to cancel advertising which they already pre-booked.
For the Love of Pete - Have y’all NO SHAME? Seriously man, Biden’s supporters left field claims are past the point I am embarrassed for y’all.

^^^That^^^ thread starter above was posted here on C-D on SEPT 14, 2020.

So, imagine my confusion when before mid-nite on SEPT 16, 2020, I get the following solicitation from Biden’s campaign (yes, I do! urging me to “$end Money, NOW - We Must Respond to this latest Attack by the Trump campaign - AND WARNING ME:

The digital ad is being launched as part of a broader 7-figure ad buy that will target several key battleground states. The ad buy will be launched in Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Pennsylvania and Ohio, and the ad will be seen across social media platforms, news publishers and connected TVs ...!”

So, NEVER MIND THE OBVIOUS FACT “they’re in financial straits!” is the baloney we pretty much knew it was - I had to do an online search for the actual, entire full length video ad to see it for myself and WHAT AN AD IT IS . . . ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBP...ature=youtu.be

Oh, and when the media sought a response from the Biden campaign yesterday? Crickets ...

“A spokesperson (for Biden’s campaign) is not immediately available for comment ....”

“C’mon, MAN!”

PS - my Cuban in-laws confirmed for me what I was curious about yesterday: BLOOMTURD IS A PARIAH AMONGST THE HISPANICs y LATINOs IN FLA - I’ll wager Bloomie bust in’ out $100M is gonna BACKFIRE on Biden, yugely! Woulda been better if Blooms had just rolled the money into the state without letting anyone know it is coming from someone very few non-whites in FL trust or admire ...

Old 09-17-2020, 08:38 AM

25,831 posts, read 20,768,636 times
Quote:

I don’t think that Biden has given up on Ohio.
He has been running ads there, and it could be paying off.

Rasmussen (!) had Biden up by 4% there last week.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...en_49_trump_45

Old 09-17-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
While both Ohio and Florida are very important swing states, Florida is the more important of the two.
No President in the past 100 years has ever won an election without Florida, it's such a large state now that it alone can swing the election.

That's why Bloomberg has made such a tremendous donation. I also think Bloomberg very deliberately waited to make it, holding back until he thought the timing was just right.

I'm sure it is a very personal thing for Bloomberg as well. Old New York grudges run very deep.
I’d actually give more weight to Ohio, for the reasons expressed in this opinion piece:

“ But no Democrat alive should ever count on the Sunshine State for anything as important as this election. And not just because of the stolen 2000 election and the ominously questionable 2018 election. Florida is a genuinely odd political environment populated by retired QAnoners and Cuban-Americans who don’t seem to despise Trump the way many other Latinos do.
Here’s the crucial thing. By trying to win Ohio, you’re also trying to win Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania — the states it shares the Great Lakes with, better known as the states that decided 2016 and will likely decide 2020. All four states require Democrats to win big in the cities and cut Trump’s margins in the rural areas. They all require the same message.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5795394002/

Old 09-17-2020, 08:59 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,126,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I’d actually give more weight to Ohio, for the reasons expressed in this opinion piece:

“ But no Democrat alive should ever count on the Sunshine State for anything as important as this election. And not just because of the stolen 2000 election and the ominously questionable 2018 election. Florida is a genuinely odd political environment populated by retired QAnoners and Cuban-Americans who don’t seem to despise Trump the way many other Latinos do.
Here’s the crucial thing. By trying to win Ohio, you’re also trying to win Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania — the states it shares the Great Lakes with, better known as the states that decided 2016 and will likely decide 2020. All four states require Democrats to win big in the cities and cut Trump’s margins in the rural areas. They all require the same message.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5795394002/

OH is leaning heavily towards Trump, so it's not really the battle ground state that it was once.

FL, and PA are probably the most critical states, because winning without them becomes difficult for either candidate. Trump is likely to win FL, PA will be closer, but Trump is pretty solid there as well.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
OH is leaning heavily towards Trump, so it's not really the battle ground state that it was once.

FL, and PA are probably the most critical states, because winning without them becomes difficult for either candidate. Trump is likely to win FL, PA will be closer, but Trump is pretty solid there as well.
As noted, Rasmussen’s most recent poll has Biden up 4%.
That doesn’t suggest that the state is completely sold on Trump.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:20 AM

8,322 posts, read 3,963,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Trump is running a trainwreck of a campaign. There is so much mismanagement and wasteful spending, it is not any surprise that the campaign staff are demoralized.
The whole thing looks like Trump has declared himself a campaigning genius and basically kicked anyone to the curb that dared to disagree with him. He wants to be in full control and like everything else he has touched in his life this campaign is a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections