Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 04:02 PM

25,607 posts, read 17,334,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Wow!!! Trump opens up a 7 point lead in Georgia! The election is OVER!
WAIT! I haven't voted yet!

Will it matter? ..... No, not in my state of Mississippi. In fact, a few voters one way or the other won't matter in most states - Mississippi, California, New York, and some others. PA is important. So is MN, MI, WI and Florida...

I remember the night I had just simply reconciled myself to living with Hillary and all the Dem-Clowns around her. And I remember the unbelievable surprise when Trump won!

52% of likely voters approve of Trump, these days. I am very, very hopeful.

MAGA
Trump 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 09:24 PM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,921,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This poll is from 3 weeks ago? That is all you got? Landmark is run by a guy named Roundtree. He is the go to guy for GOP candidates in Georgia. When a pollster is a go to guy for one party that puts the numbers in doubt.

https://ballotpedia.org/Mark_Rountree
AJC polls have historically missed left.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:38 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, then, they better vote for Biden. Because rioting and looting is exactly what is taking place right now in Trump's America. If he is incapable of solving it now, how will he solve it later?
Well, it all started under Obama, so I'll default it to Obama for starting the problem and never fixing it. You can add all those school shootings and Terrorist attacks to be Obamas fault too

Old 09-17-2020, 07:37 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,705,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Did Roosevelt blame his political opponents for the attack and then proceed to do nothing in the aftermath? Did Bush? Nope, they both simply went to work and did want they needed to do for the good of the country. (I loathed W but I have to say that he was a president for all Americans in the immediate aftermath of 911.)

What has Trump done aside from fan the flames of unrest and make the situation worse?

Don't compare this president's complete incompetence to that of any other president, as Trump will come up short every single time. It's obvious he by now that he can't handle the job. Continuing social unrest and 200,000 dead Americans prove it.
He's pointed fingers. FDR and BUsh all recognized it was a national crisis and took action. They didn't play the "woe is me" card. When Obama came into office, we had a recession hitting all 50 states. Obama didn't just say "this is on the governors to fix." Presidents shouldn't actively work against the measures taken to recover from a disaster when they chose to minimize it and ignore it.

Imagine if FDR said "Well, the only reason Japan managed this surprise attack is because Generals MacArthur/Nimitz/Eisenhower/etc are the worst for our country. They suck." Yeah, that would have been great leadership.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:30 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,921,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
He's pointed fingers. FDR and BUsh all recognized it was a national crisis and took action. They didn't play the "woe is me" card. When Obama came into office, we had a recession hitting all 50 states. Obama didn't just say "this is on the governors to fix." Presidents shouldn't actively work against the measures taken to recover from a disaster when they chose to minimize it and ignore it.

Imagine if FDR said "Well, the only reason Japan managed this surprise attack is because Generals MacArthur/Nimitz/Eisenhower/etc are the worst for our country. They suck." Yeah, that would have been great leadership.
Obama bellyached and moaned, "Woe is me. I can't do all the things I planned. Its so bad and its just going to get worse." It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Eventually he approved money to bail out favored corporations.

When racial crises hit, Obama bellyached and moaned, "Woe is me. America's evil and I, the first Black president, can't do anything about it. But if I had a son, he would look like him." Any doubt that Black people are frustrated when Obama doesn't do anything?

Old 09-17-2020, 09:32 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,782,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Now Trump supports are touting polls.

What happened to: "All polls are wrong due to 2016?"

BTW, the OP's poll was conducted Aug29-31, before news was released about Trump calling soldiers Losers and Suckers and before Woodward's recording of Trump was made public.
They are minor stuff, really even his support among soldiers are up. People learn not to care what Trump says or tweets. His results are what matters.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:42 AM

25,863 posts, read 12,890,963 times
Do you Dems really believe Trump went from +7 to Down 6 in a couple of weeks?

People's belief in these polls is flabbergasting to me. A 13 point swing due to conventions and mud slinging...yeah...right.

This illustrates perfectly just how bogus the polls are.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:02 AM

1,361 posts, read 554,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
The Dems really think the American public is so stupid. Anybody that looks at this with both lenses can see the Dems are running on a blame game with no substance. No details on their plans. Just trust us.

The saying goes, vote for the devil you know, or vote for the devil you don’t know. I’ll vote for the former.
+1

Same here... and much like last time with Hillary I don't think the american people are stupid enough to buy what the Dems are selling... and that would be a dog sh&$ sundae with a cherry on top known as Joe Biden.

#TRUMP2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
They are minor stuff, really even his support among soldiers are up. People learn not to care what Trump says or tweets. His results are what matters.
+1

Exactly! I've never cared about Trump's tax returns... his twitter habit or how many times he's banged Stormy Daniels. Why are these things so important to Democrats? I voted for him to do a job... and the RESULTS are the only thing I give af about.

COVID and the chinese trashed the economy... and Trump is the man to fix it. I don't expect the Democratic governors to help... they'll keep things locked down till the cows come home if it means more blaming Trump. What has your idiot Democratic governor done for you lately? Well mine in addition to the usual tax increases has turned the "15 days to flatten the curve" into 180+ days... waiting till the virus is gone forever like the flu virus is?

Last edited by Zach911; 09-17-2020 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: ... added quote

Old 09-17-2020, 11:36 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,777,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post

Exactly! I've never cared about Trump's tax returns... his twitter habit or how many times he's banged Stormy Daniels. Why are these things so important to Democrats? I voted for him to do a job... and the RESULTS are the only thing I give af about.
You might be hard-pressed to know that some people out there actually value character, decency, and empathy.

By your logic, employers shouldn't care whether their employees go on Twitter rants, insult women, or make disparaging remarks towards minorities -- so long as they do a good job, right?

Why can he get away with it and not your average Joe in Corporate America?

Politicians should be held to account for their actions. Regular people are, and this is the president of the U.S. we're talking about here.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:42 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,777,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
You wouldn't be saying the Woodward tapes are a minor thing if someone you loved died of COVID. You wouldn't be saying the alleged "losers and suckers" comment are a minor thing if your child served honorably in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections