Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 06:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,777,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
I work in Seattle and am carrying my gun just in case...
BEST post of the week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 06:30 PM

7,161 posts, read 4,754,500 times
Joe Biden is an illegitimate candidate. He had no campaign, was afraid to come out of his house, afraid to present his picks for SC, afraid to stand up for the constitution because he’s nothing but a puppet for the radical left. He should be dismissed.

Old 09-29-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There is a difference between peaceful protesters and rioters. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. There will always be bad elements who seek chaos, but why should they get to be the spokesmen for the movement more than all those people trying to protest for change in non-violent, non-destructive means?

Most scientists would disagree with your conclusion, vehemently. You may have little or no respect for their viewpoints, but they're not based on nothing, and they would certainly have more valuable input than any internet pundit who hasn't spent their entire lives studying climate.

I don't necessarily think Trump is ignorant, I just think he doesn't care. His range of interests seems to be golf, his hair and nurturing his ego. I doubt something like climate change even registers with a guy who doesn't seem to even give two ***** about his own family, let alone the lives and livelihoods of anyone else, including those of his own supporters. He's certainly more than happy to risk all of your lives during a pandemic by continuing to hold large, in-person rallies with zero mitigation requirements.

Political leanings don't automatically make someone a good or bad leader. Character and personal strength do. I don't consider all Republicans bad leaders and all Democrats good leaders. As with everything in life, it's a lot more complex than that. I don't think Trump's a terrible president because he's a Republican. If Hillary had won and her presidency was anything like Trump's, I'd want her out, too. It's as simple as that.

There was a lot of reporting about it happening in many cities nationally. Again, I'm not saying it was all right-wing instigators. I also think there were some bad elements within the protest groups, as well as some people just out to create chaos with no real purpose either way. By far, though, the protests have been peaceful, but the media is only going to cover the negative. That's what sells the most.
So....what about all the cities that were burned and looted? Were "they" peaceful protests? What about the Black Lives Matter hate groups and Antifa threatening folks dining out? What about those same scum harassing the elderly? What about the attacks on police, spitting on them, burning their police cruisers, what is that called? What about that same groups threats to burn everything down if they don't get what they want? What does that mean?

Old 09-29-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Joe Biden is an illegitimate candidate. He had no campaign, was afraid to come out of his house, afraid to present his picks for SC, afraid to stand up for the constitution because he’s nothing but a puppet for the radical left. He should be dismissed.
He is a total Democratic JOKE! He needs to be removed and sent to the Memory Care facility in his city.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:59 PM

11,149 posts, read 10,728,231 times
Quote:
There is a difference between peaceful protesters and rioters. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. There will always be bad elements who seek chaos, but why should they get to be the spokesmen for the movement more than all those people trying to protest for change in non-violent, non-destructive means?

Most scientists would disagree with your conclusion, vehemently. You may have little or no respect for their viewpoints, but they're not based on nothing, and they would certainly have more valuable input than any internet pundit who hasn't spent their entire lives studying climate.

I don't necessarily think Trump is ignorant, I just think he doesn't care. His range of interests seems to be golf, his hair and nurturing his ego. I doubt something like climate change even registers with a guy who doesn't seem to even give two ***** about his own family, let alone the lives and livelihoods of anyone else, including those of his own supporters. He's certainly more than happy to risk all of your lives during a pandemic by continuing to hold large, in-person rallies with zero mitigation requirements.

Political leanings don't automatically make someone a good or bad leader. Character and personal strength do. I don't consider all Republicans bad leaders and all Democrats good leaders. As with everything in life, it's a lot more complex than that. I don't think Trump's a terrible president because he's a Republican. If Hillary had won and her presidency was anything like Trump's, I'd want her out, too. It's as simple as that.

There was a lot of reporting about it happening in many cities nationally. Again, I'm not saying it was all right-wing instigators. I also think there were some bad elements within the protest groups, as well as some people just out to create chaos with no real purpose either way. By far, though, the protests have been peaceful, but the media is only going to cover the negative. That's what sells the most.
I find this argument coming from people who support gun control to be a bit ridiculous. How do you justify, with a straight face, the belief that a few riots are no big deal because the majority of protests are peaceful while at the same time believing that gun control is needed because a tiny fraction (even tinier than the fraction of riots vs. peaceful protests) of legal firearms owners commit crimes? The hypocrisy should be at least causing indigestion.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:12 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,268,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...et-wells-fargo

Investors on Wall Street are seeing Trump with all the momentum, and closing the polling gaps (for those of you who feel polls are real).

They see the real numbers are being much much closer than the fake news polls....AND trending towards Trump.

They say Biden has only 65% of Black support....WOW! If Trump gets 35% of the black vote, Trump wins....he got 7% or 8% in 2016, that would be millions of added votes.

Add to what the smart money is saying, that Kamala Harris yesterday came out for the Black Lives Matter protests in a big and bold way, saying the riots and protests are "neccessary for change". I hope she keeps saying that all the way up to Nov 3rd, and the rioting and looting intensifies in the Dem controlled cities.
Read the article again. He leads BY 65 points. So likely 80-15. Do you really think one in three black people want four more years of this?

Old 10-02-2020, 07:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,674,495 times
Quote:
Well if it was in reference to that, it seems strange to use forest fires as an example of riots. Is BLM rioting in national parks these days? I guess I must've missed that.

No cities have burned. Some individual buildings, sure, and most of that seemed to occur in the week or 2 immediately after Floyd's death, not as much in recent months. Let's not be hyperbolic. Also, the arson fires were started by more than just protesters. There were also right-wing agitators there, and some were indeed arrested for intentionally starting fires. This is a common tactic in many 3rd World nations, where agitators- often paid by the government or opposition interests- infiltrate protests to cause violence and undermine the cause. In this case, they seem to just want to instigate a "civil war".
The government, itself, like the FBI, has been infiltrating opposition groups ever since at least the Vietnam War and the Black Panthers. At looting sites some people have been intrigued that there is often a few guys present dressed in black watching it. Maybe they organized the looting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections