Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 01:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I assume the poll below has been posted elsewhere on CD.

https://www.newsweek.com/66-percent-...debate-1535176

In a poll conducted after the debate, 66 percent of participants told Telemundo they believed Trump won the debate. Only 34 percent of poll participants thought Biden made a better showing in Tuesday's debate. Telemundo hosts warned the poll was "not scientific" but was based on the responses on the participation of its followers on Twitter.
There's a whole thread about it on the main page. The MAGAs were so excited that one television poll named Trump the winner that they created a safe place/thread to go to so they wouldn't have to look at every other poll that said the exact opposite. Not, of course, that any MAGAs believe in polls....

Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There's a whole thread about it on the main page. The MAGAs were so excited that one television poll named Trump the winner that they created a safe place/thread to go to so they wouldn't have to look at every other poll that said the exact opposite. Not, of course, that any MAGAs believe in polls....
Television polls are entirely unscientific. No one should take them seriously regardless of what they're showing.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:53 PM

2,003 posts, read 763,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Television polls are entirely unscientific. No one should take them seriously regardless of what they're showing.
Haven’t we learned even the scientific polls are unscientific.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:59 PM

3,737 posts, read 2,568,017 times
My opinion, nobody is basing their vote on the recent debate. Minds were already made up.. the result will just be a matter of partisan voter turnout + levels of voter fraud.
Purely anecdotal, but I see a lot more enthusiasm for Trump than Biden (nationwide). But it usually comes down to surgical, electoral college strategizing.. we'll see.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:03 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,867,481 times
But here you can see all the polls, their relative strengths and histories. You can't look at this and say Trump is likely to win, unless you believe the numbers are all fake.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/

2016 polls were way closer than this.

1,361 posts, read 553,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We don't... but it was refreshing to see no doubt.

I hear the hispanics like alpha males... and Trump definitely showed that in the debate. But please... tell me more about how Biden will win Florida and Texas.

4,861 posts, read 9,316,758 times
If yard signs, flags, parades, and rallies are any indication, Trump will blow Biden out of the water in almost every state.

True story: driving through an outlying blue collar suburb of Detroit a few days ago. This area went for Obama in 2008 and 2012, Trump won by only one point over Hillary there in 2016. We were on one of the main, busiest roads, very heavy traffic, for about ten miles. I counted 30 Trump signs/flags for every Biden sign, and I was counting each house as one, even if they had seven signs. If this is the case in other swing states, Biden is in for a bad night but a much needed retirement in about a month.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:28 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I assume the poll below has been posted elsewhere on CD.

https://www.newsweek.com/66-percent-...debate-1535176

In a poll conducted after the debate, 66 percent of participants told Telemundo they believed Trump won the debate. Only 34 percent of poll participants thought Biden made a better showing in Tuesday's debate. Telemundo hosts warned the poll was "not scientific" but was based on the responses on the participation of its followers on Twitter.
From CNBC article

Quote:
Trump’s camp also touted polling to suggest he won, including unscientific Twitter polls in which anyone can participate. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, for instance, cited one such Twitter poll from C-SPAN.
Quote:
Kayleigh McEnany
@kayleighmcenany
VERDICT: President @realDonaldTrump WINS ‼️

CSPAN: ✅ Trump (53% Trump; 29% Biden)

Telemundo: ✅ Trump (66% Trump; 34% Biden)

CNN: ✅ Trump (3 votes Trump; 1 vote Biden of decided voters)
Telemundo is included in the non-scientific poll

Old 10-01-2020, 02:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
My opinion, nobody is basing their vote on the recent debate. Minds were already made up.. the result will just be a matter of partisan voter turnout + levels of voter fraud.
Purely anecdotal, but I see a lot more enthusiasm for Trump than Biden (nationwide). But it usually comes down to surgical, electoral college strategizing.. we'll see.
I agree pretty much with you: if there is another debate we may see it mean something, but i doubt it. I think 90% or more know who they are supporting unless we have a huge Oct surprise

Old 10-01-2020, 02:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
We don't... but it was refreshing to see no doubt.

I hear the hispanics like alpha males... and Trump definitely showed that in the debate. But please... tell me more about how Biden will win Florida and Texas.
He isn't going to win either; I think the Dems know thinking he is would be a long shot at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections