Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 11:47 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,880,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes because that will be the will of the people. Can't let those dems steal the election with their bull crap mail in vote.
The will of the people is determined by the results of the election. I think your problem with Democrats may actually be a problem with democracy. You want a coronation, not an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 11:48 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,232,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's time for President Trump to use his power to postpone Nov 3rd election till further notice. It's obvious that right now it's too dangerous to have election and possible change the leader of our country so until this so called Flu is over, president Trump should remain in charge of this great country.

MY GOD! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???????

I am looking forward to the end of all the political advertising in about a month.

Can the people have anything left of sanity if they have to go through many more weeks of that?????

Old 10-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Status: "Not voting for the felon or sleepy Joe." (set 15 days ago)

6,256 posts, read 2,864,735 times
No thanks. Trump can't override the constitution thankfully.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:49 AM

327 posts, read 213,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
We held an election during the Civil War for crying out loud....and we are definitely holding an election in about 30 days!
Not the same and that election was only for the northern states. WW2 was intense and the country was busy helping the war effort to be able to have an election so FDR stayed in office. Now it’s a worldwide pandemic and as most of you mask wearing freaks say it’s very dangerous almost national emergency level. Now is no time for an election putting lives at risk and the mail ballots can’t be trusted. ok:

Old 10-02-2020, 11:53 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Not the same and that election was only for the northern states. WW2 was intense and the country was busy helping the war effort to be able to have an election so FDR stayed in office. Now it’s a worldwide pandemic and as most of you mask wearing freaks say it’s very dangerous almost national emergency level. Now is no time for an election putting lives at risk and the mail ballots can’t be trusted. ok:
Sorry, but you don't get a postponement just because the election is not going the way you want it to go. Suck it up and take your chances at the polls like a big boy.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:54 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,880,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
There was a presidential election in 1944, at the height of America’s involvement in the war. FDR won it. That’s why he stayed in office. The election was not postponed or cancelled.

It was for the “northern states” because the southern ones had seceded from the Union and were waging war against it. How could they possibly have been part of the election in a country they were fighting to secede from? You know what...maybe don’t answer that.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:57 AM

37,600 posts, read 19,463,704 times
Quote:
It's time for President Trump to use his power to postpone Nov 3rd election till further notice. It's obvious that right now it's too dangerous to have election and possible change the leader of our country so until this so called Flu is over, president Trump should remain in charge of this great country.
Two minor problems -

One, voting has already started. Two, there's the matter of that pesky Constitution.

Deal with it. Show up or don't. Your choice.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 AM

20,946 posts, read 5,574,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Nope-

Let's get Biden out of the way and move on.

With the spectre of the election, Trump cannot act as he needs toward BLM and ANTIFA. He also can go ahead with the Biden/Obama criminal investigation for the coup and Biden's payoffs from the Ukraine and China.

Also, we can't have Biden shutting down the economy, stuffing the Supreme Court, raising taxes, approving BS global warming initiatives, and doing "reparations" give aways.

Let's put a nail in the coffin of communism forever and get the job done.

I am very eager to cast my vote for sending Sloppy Joe and the Sleazy Hoe into the dustbin of obscurity in which they belong!

Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,796,694 times
Quote:
I agree that it's no time for a major election, but I'm not sure what power the President has to postpone it. Plus, we'd have WWIII in our streets with the leftist savages. I guess I should say we'd have a much bigger war than we already have.

Much as I'd love to see it happen, I doubt there's any workable way to make it so.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:59 AM

858 posts, read 710,857 times
haha...i have thought that this was a ploy by him to try and delay the election. I don't see why we would have to delay anything. If Biden caught it, do you think Trump would want to delay it? no way. We'll see how he progresses with symptoms but if he is hit hard by it, the of course it hurts him with any undecided people.

on a similar note, if people are serious about wanting to delay the election because he is sick, please make sure to include any and all hearings about the Supreme court pick in that discussion. it only makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections