Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
If come Nov 3rd, he is wheeled around on a ventilator then yeah,..obviously. It's the argument used against McCain back then, being too old and frail.

I just think it's too early to tell.
I'm just talking about the "odds". The odds are with young people who are asymptomatic.

Now that we know that he's symptomatic, he falls into a whole other category of people with much less positive outcomes, and long recovery periods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 12:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
True enough, but Arya wants it to go to the SC if it is a Biden win, no matter what. She won't consider any form of a Biden win as legitimate even if the EC says it is. That's what that poster was responding to.
She does not understand SC would not declare a winner. Like in 2000 they only ruled FOR / AGAINST continuing re-count. They voted AGAINST, so they stopped the recount and whichever candidate had most votes at that point was the winner. It turned out Bush had more, but both candidates agreed to SC making the call

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-02-2020 at 12:38 PM..

Old 10-02-2020, 12:24 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,813,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It's time for President Trump to use his power to postpone Nov 3rd election till further notice. It's obvious that right now it's too dangerous to have election and possible change the leader of our country so until this so called Flu is over, president Trump should remain in charge of this great country.
No.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,071,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm just talking about the "odds". The odds are with young people who are asymptomatic.

Now that we know that he's symptomatic, he falls into a whole other category of people with much less positive outcomes, and long recovery periods.
I don't know that that's necessarily true. He's obese and old though, those are factors for sure. Displaying symptoms? Not so much. I've known of few cases, and they were all symptomatic, and got over it quickly without any long-term side effects.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:27 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,892 times
Quote:
It's time for President Trump to use his power to postpone Nov 3rd election till further notice. It's obvious that right now it's too dangerous to have election and possible change the leader of our country so until this so called Flu is over, president Trump should remain in charge of this great country.

No! There is a Vice President, the speaker of the House of Representatives, president pro tempore of the Senate, and Cabinet secretaries to secede the "Orange Man."

Old 10-02-2020, 12:29 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,733,961 times
Quote:
Not going to happen per US Constitution

Old 10-02-2020, 12:33 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,661,641 times
Covid "hoax" and not wearing masks coming back to bite him...will see how many others in white house get infected.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:42 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,383,640 times
https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...ing-1.47531369

Quote:
What does the Constitution say about the timing of elections?

Article II of the Constitution authorizes Congress to determine the date of the general election for federal office, only mandating that the “Day shall be the same throughout the United States.”

The Constitution also sets a definitive deadline for the end of a president and vice president’s term, saying the term “shall end at noon on the 20th day of January.”

"Delay of the November election would violate both federal law and the Constitution," said Trevor Potter, president of the non-partisan Campaign Legal Center, and a former Republican chairman of the Federal Election Commission.

As much as I would like the date changed to keep a Republican President, it can't. Period!!!

Congress sets the date. Even if the Republican Senate passes a date change, crazy nancy will never let it pass the House.

Since the term ends on "the 20th day of January" per the CONSTITUTION (even if by a miracle) the Congress passes an Election Day change, there is very little wiggle room.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Good luck with that. In case you aren't aware, Donald Trump has zero authority to delay the election. NONE.

Only Congress can delay the presidential election. Article II of the Constitution cites the authority.

And the democrats control the House of Representatives, so it is highly doubtful that they will agree to postponing the election.

Article 2 section 1
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America.
He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows.

I'm sure Trump will try to convince the SCOTUS that sick leave time during the four year term doesn't count so he gets extra time. The knuckheads on the SC will go along with it because that's what the founding fathers really intended (like they really know). Trust me he will come up with some angle.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
It will not stop the election
I'm not saying it would.

I'm saying, we've got one more uncertainty to face - whether Trump will be healthy and vigorous after COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections