Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 07:54 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times

Advertisements

Trumpers are delusional.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:01 PM

14,165 posts, read 8,284,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, the news cycle is filled now with how that idiot Trump, who flaunted his masklessness like a badge of honor and ridiculed people for wearing them, is now in the hospital battling COVID-19. All through his own pigheaded stupidity and carelessness.

Hey, if you are happy with that narrative dominating the news cycle, so am I.

Fine but the DNC is screaming. They can't publicly bad mouth Trump and this takes the winds right out of Biden's sails. 24/7 it's all about Trump. In fact Biden supposedly is curtailing his attack ads.

Just watch as Trumps comes back feeling great and starts raving about the new treatment which will be available to all soon.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:05 PM

4,068 posts, read 2,758,107 times
1.) Reagan didn't have over 200,000 Americans dead by assassination.

2.) Reagan didn't play chicken with the notion of being assassinated.

Regardless of what happens to Trump, he's still going to have 200,000 dead Americans on his hands due to his mishandling of the situation. He isn't going to get the pity vote for that.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:22 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Fine but the DNC is screaming. They can't publicly bad mouth Trump and this takes the winds right out of Biden's sails. 24/7 it's all about Trump. In fact Biden supposedly is curtailing his attack ads.
Oh, I understand now. A show of class confuses you. Decent people know this is the right thing to do. No need for you to worry about it.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:22 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,271,793 times
Compassion is one thing, whether it translates into higher approval in his job I'm not so sure. I don't tthink the comparison to Reagan is apt. Reagan was shot because he was the President of the United States and his injury was not something he could have predicted He didn't have a warning. He took the precutions of having Secret Service. Trump wss infected just because he was a person that could catch the virus. nit because of his service as President. So there is not the same sacrifice there. Then add on top of that his mocking of people that took precautions.....just not a good comparison.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh, I understand now. A show of class confuses you. Decent people know this is the right thing to do. No need for you to worry about it.
The Biden ads have been suspended not out of any decency but because they might backfire. I'm sure the Biden camp would love nothing better than to hit Trump with, "I told you so..." attack ads but that's too risky... at least for now.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Compassion is one thing, whether it translates into higher approval in his job I'm not so sure. I don't tthink the comparison to Reagan is apt. Reagan was shot because he was the President of the United States and his injury was not something he could have predicted He didn't have a warning. He took the precutions of having Secret Service. Trump wss infected just because he was a person that could catch the virus. nit because of his service as President. So there is not the same sacrifice there. Then add on top of that his mocking of people that took precautions.....just not a good comparison.

I agree the comparison to the Regan shooting isn't good but 1. Biden has been taken almost completely out of the news cycle and 2. assuming Trump bounces back quickly he'll start talking about the new/improved medication he took and how it's going to be made available to everyone very soon.

The Dems will be talking about how careless he was and Trump will tout a vaccine that's on the way. A vaccine he has personally taken. This completely changes the dynamics of the discussion.

This assumes of course that Trump does in fact get better soon.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:01 PM

6,421 posts, read 8,324,930 times
LMAO at the Reagan comparisons.

WAKE UP, Republicans! The party of so called "individual responsibility" isn't anywhere in the same UNIVERSE as the party you sold your souls to keep in power.

Trump is likely dying, given how quickly this has escalated. From freaking COVID!

Old 10-02-2020, 09:24 PM

16,033 posts, read 6,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yes, unlike Trump, Reagan was a more widely well loved and respected president.
He may have just been an actor, but Reagan knew how to play that role very well. It helps explain his lasting popularity.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:27 PM

16,033 posts, read 6,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The Biden ads have been suspended not out of any decency but because they might backfire. I'm sure the Biden camp would love nothing better than to hit Trump with, "I told you so..." attack ads but that's too risky... at least for now.
If the situation were reversed, how do you think President Dumbass would respond?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections