Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 12:32 PM

23,296 posts, read 29,160,111 times

Advertisements

Yes he does, providing he keeps coming up with more and more lies. If he trips and falls and speaks the truth, that will be the end for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 12:43 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,582,190 times
The campaign's newest plus for Trump is he now has personal experience with COVID - which Biden lacks. So, because he consistently choose to be dumb and promote dumb behavior on COVID and as a result caught COVID, he's the better candidate.

You can't make this stuff up.

Right - elect ME - because I'm the DUMBEST!!!

MAGA!

Old 10-05-2020, 12:56 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,122,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
The campaign's newest plus for Trump is he now has personal experience with COVID - which Biden lacks. So, because he consistently choose to be dumb and promote dumb behavior on COVID and as a result caught COVID, he's the better candidate.

You can't make this stuff up.

Right - elect ME - because I'm the DUMBEST!!!

MAGA!
I saw that. Trump supporters make some of the nuttiest arguments. To actually believe getting Covid- as a direct result of ignoring all safety procedures while also contributing to infections of dozens of people in a massive superspreader event at the White House- is somehow a positive for Trump, has to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. Just absolute bonkers delusion.

Old 10-05-2020, 12:58 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,954,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I am a Biden voter, but I think the election is going to be very close, even if POTUS is sick. But I think he will pull through. He is tough.
The mortality rate for a 74 year old is about 11%, so he's got a good chance of surviving. But it has nothing to do with toughness. It has more to do with genetics and your general health.

The only way the election will be close is if Trump can somehow be more effective at suppressing the vote. It would not surprise me if he has thought about ways to accomplish that beyond the intimidation tactics at the polls and making it more inconvenient to cast a ballot.

For example, what if there was an "event" a few days before the election? A stand-back and stand-by Krystal-naught of some sort? Once upon a time we would have thought that to be a ridiculous idea, but we know Trump now. We know that he will do anything and everything to retain his power.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:15 PM

44,677 posts, read 61,796,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
I believe Trump stands a very good chance of winning since he'll pull through Covid and it will make him stronger. Nobody could've predicted how this unleashed virus from China would behave. Even your trusted science was wrong about it in the beginning. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, could've "saved" this country from exposure to Covid 19!

So all you lefties can get off your high horse. Maybe you should spend a little more time fact checking into Biden's very racist past and count the lies he told just during the debate. If you think for one moment your life is going to be better under Biden, then you need to continue smoking whatever you have because no one in their right mind is going to like democrat control of this country where you'll lose the freedoms you now have! All you have to do is look at the democrat run states and see how they continue their lockdowns. That's what your future will be.

You don't have to like Trump to vote for him, but you really should consider how a Biden/Harris administration is going to impact your life. They'll have the US involved in more wars--your sons & daughters WILL go to war, the Green New Deal will be forced upon us, jobs will disappear to China and everyone will be on welfare and they'll decide what you need--and NONE of this will apply to the elite democrats because they'll be exempt from all of this.
^^^That post is the biggest BS of all. Trump just proved how irresponsible he is and his ineptness causing over 200,000 deaths and you righties still want more crap/chaos.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:38 PM

30,164 posts, read 18,756,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
My guess would be no, unless we get an October surprise that Biden is wanted for murder or something.

I think undecided voters no longer trust Trump (assuming they had previously) to manage a crisis.

If he couldn't even keep himself and his allies safe, why would they confide in him to keep the country safe?

His anti-science/anti-experts posturing backfired on him in a big way.
Hilarious

Dems still believe the biased polls and ignore the massive rallies for Trump and Trump signs everywhere. Biden gets no one at his speaking stops and Biden signs are nowhere.

Remember when dems were “shocked” when Hillary lost? It’s the same now.

BLM and ANTIFA secured the election for Trump. There is even less enthusiasm for Biden as there was for Hillary; we are just waiting for the margin.

Dems, of course, will be “shocked” again.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:42 PM

1,411 posts, read 570,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
This is insane. You are basically saying that your personal dislike of Trump is more important than the manifestations of his actual policies, which you agree with.
No, it's not insane; so called Republicans voting for the despicable Biden IS what is insane.
I would never vote for Biden, or any other Democrat, but I can't bring myself to vote for Trump.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:48 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,122,206 times
Trump's disapproval on Covid response is reaching record highs now. No one thinks Trump is doing well except his core base, but they continuously live in a fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections