Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 06:32 PM

1,041 posts, read 300,142 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...d=election_nav

Sad to see

Polling is saying that democrats should be clobbering republicans by 20-25% at least

Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post

Sad to see

Polling is saying that democrats should be clobbering republicans by 20-25% at least

No one can predict the future- NO ONE.

But it just seems like there is not much enthusiasm for Joe. When Obama ran, the dems went CRAZY for him. Even though he was a terrible POTUS and leader, he generated enthusiasm among his base.

Dems have begrudgingly accepted Biden as the nominee, but NO ONE out there thinks he is a good candidate.

When people have to get their butts off the couch and go to the polls, many will pass on voting for Biden if there is a decent tv program on or there is any mildly entertaining options. Trump supporters, on the other hand, are die hards and very enthusiastic about Trump.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,726,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

But it just seems like there is not much enthusiasm for Joe. When Obama ran, the dems went CRAZY for him. Even though he was a terrible POTUS and leader, he generated enthusiasm among his base.

Dems have begrudgingly accepted Biden as the nominee, but NO ONE out there thinks he is a good candidate.

When people have to get their butts off the couch and go to the polls, many will pass on voting for Biden if there is a decent tv program on or there is any mildly entertaining options. Trump supporters, on the other hand, are die hards and very enthusiastic about Trump.
Do not underestimate the magnitude of peoples desire to remove this Pres from office.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:04 PM

Here is the lingk for early voting

https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

Returned Ballots

Democrats 882,798
Republicans 370,981

Requestesd Ballots

Democrats 21,592,611
Republicans 12,577,460

Return Rate

Democrats 4.1
Republicans 2.9

Old 10-06-2020, 08:06 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,522 times
Quote:

I'll agree with you there. Democrats have been terrible about pushing candidates that don't generate all that much enthusiasm from the public and seem to be stuck in the past.

The party seems hellbent on putting up every roadblock in the book against candidates that generate genuine excitement, especially from young voters.

That being said, most democrats this election cycle aren't voting for Biden. They're voting against Trump.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:07 PM

Florida is what you want to keep your eye on

Quote:
We’ve known for some time that – in the states with party registration – more registered Democrats either have requested ballots or live in a state that will send automatically all qualifying voters a mail ballot. So, it is no surprise that more Democrats have cast mail ballots. This dynamic is likely a product of President Trump’s supporters listening to his disparaging rhetoric about mail balloting.

What is increasingly becoming clear is that Democrats are returning their mail ballots at a higher rate, too. That is unusual.

Take Florida, for example. In 2016, the Florida Secretary of State reported that 5,732 more registered Democrats requested a mail ballot than registered Republicans, but 58,244 more Republican returned their ballots. A higher Republican ballot return rate has been a consistent pattern in Florida’s elections.

As of now, a greater percentage of Florida Democrats have returned their mail ballots than Republicans. Democrats currently have a net ballot return rate advantage of 2.8 points.
https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

Old 10-06-2020, 08:11 PM

798 posts, read 502,556 times
Quote:

I will be voting in person at my polling place that I can walk to from the house I own that I have lived in since 2004! I call it the marital house, because the Judge awarded it to me in 2018 in a divorce case involving Domestic Violence.
I am voting MAGA 2020 because I am a Domestic Violence Survivor and

I do not want riots near the marital house.

~~~ I hope that I am making sense~~~

Last edited by Redflag71; 10-06-2020 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: to edit

Old 10-06-2020, 08:18 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,055,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post

Sad to see

Wait, so you decided to start yet another thread on this? Didn't it become clear in the other one that you completely misunderstood what the link was showing and the numbers were NOT, in fact, real votes, but rather one pollsters modeled turnout based on 2016?

Is there any reason to have multiple threads started on the same bad information with the same sad, desperate conclusions?

Old 10-06-2020, 08:22 PM

The key thing I learned from researching this thread where therr is early voting is this statement

Quote:
Take Florida, for example. In 2016, the Florida Secretary of State reported that 5,732 more registered Democrats requested a mail ballot than registered Republicans, but 58,244 more Republican returned their ballots. A higher Republican ballot return rate has been a consistent pattern in Florida’s elections.

As of now, a greater percentage of Florida Democrats have returned their mail ballots than Republicans. Democrats currently have a net ballot return rate advantage of 2.8 points.
FLORIDA.....not a good sign for Trump

Old 10-07-2020, 02:00 AM

490 posts, read 152,219 times
Anyone else not ok with this data being released before the election? Maybe ballots requested/mailed, but not party affiliation etc... not sure how that information serves the public interest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections