Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 04:11 PM

3,285 posts, read 1,357,756 times

Advertisements

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ohio-wisconsin

Or both? He is radio silent in OH and IA as noted before, but his campaign is now pulling back in WI, MI, and MN. Trump campaign staffers should ask about their next paycheck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 05:14 PM

30,443 posts, read 12,035,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ohio-wisconsin

Or both? He is radio silent in OH and IA as noted before, but his campaign is now pulling back in WI, MI, and MN. Trump campaign staffers should ask about their next paycheck...

The next question should be what happened to the hundreds of millions they had just a few months ago? Both of his 2016 campaign managers are facing years in prison. One for creating shell companies and hiding money for himself. The other stole millions from an Ukrainian oligarch. These are the sorts of people Trump surrounds himself with.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:16 PM

1,041 posts, read 302,896 times
He has them locked up but saving for the last 1-2 weeks

Basically did the same thing last time

Old 10-07-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenpastures23 View Post
He has them locked up but saving for the last 1-2 weeks

Basically did the same thing last time

That is a horrible idea. People are already voting. Many swing states only 20% are voting on election day. This is not 2016.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:23 PM

37,569 posts, read 19,444,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The next question should be what happened to the hundreds of millions they had just a few months ago?
I'd ask Parscale, Ivanka, and Jared about that.

My Mother worked for the local CBS affiliate for nearly 30 years as the National Sales Manager. Political advertising was cash-in-advance, on the barrelhead, before any ad was run. They learned the hard way.

When a presidential campaign books slots in a swing state and cancels them just before they are due to air, it doesn't mean they suddenly feel confident enough to withdraw them. It means they are financially embarrassed, broke, busted, and poor as a church mouse.

Biden raised $364 million in August, $205 million if it from first time donors. Trump raised $210 million, and a lot of his biggest contributors in 2016 have apparently decided to sit this one out.

If money is the deciding factor, there is probably a lot of orange sweat being absorbed by Trump's Chinese-made signature shirts these days.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/trum...of-biden-.html

Old 10-07-2020, 05:28 PM

7,851 posts, read 4,609,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is a horrible idea. People are already voting. Many swing states only 20% are voting on election day. This is not 2016.
Also horrible idea if all the ad time is snapped up in the last two weeks by other candidates and measures. The Presidential race isn't the only game in town.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:31 PM

7,851 posts, read 4,609,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

My Mother worked for the local CBS affiliate for nearly 30 years as the National Sales Manager. Political advertising was cash-in-advance, on the barrelhead, before any ad was run. They learned the hard way.

When a presidential campaign books slots in a swing state and cancels them just before they are due to air, it doesn't mean they suddenly feel confident enough to withdraw them. It means they are financially embarrassed, broke, busted, and poor as a church mouse.

Biden raised $364 million in August, $205 million if it from first time donors. Trump raised $210 million, and a lot of his biggest contributors in 2016 have apparently decided to sit this one out.

If money is the deciding factor, there is probably a lot of orange sweat being absorbed by Trump's Chinese-made signature shirts these days.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/trum...of-biden-.html
Much to be learned by reading this post. Excellent reality check, well done!

Old 10-07-2020, 06:02 PM

4,068 posts, read 2,756,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

I'm a little unclear on something--if the campaign has to pay for the ad before it runs, then why cancel it? Haven't they already lost that money?

Old 10-07-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'm a little unclear on something--if the campaign has to pay for the ad before it runs, then why cancel it? Haven't they already lost that money?

I am surprised Trump has not fired his current campaign manager. He can't be happy. Perhaps Bannon is available. I believe he is out on bail.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:06 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,041,729 times
Winning by enough he can send the money elsewhere. Just like Biden showing up in Miami, because he is doing WORSE than Clinton did there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections