Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 10:39 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
obama was the most corrupt president in history, Trump has proven to be one of the very best of our time.
EVERYTHING has been far better under Trump. You, like all leftist, are twisting the facts.
Yeah, except he wasn't. There is no support for that statement, but endless support for it against Trump. How many of Trump's people have been indicted or imprisoned? When was Obama impeached for attempted extortion? Trumpers love to point fingers and project at other administrations while ignoring everything about Trump. It's gotten old and embarrassing at this point, much like Trump himself.

Name some things that are currently better under Trump that can both be supported by evidence and that Trump directly played a role in making better. This should be fairly easy considering even the worst presidents have something, so you should be able to come up with a long list. If you don't answer, I'll consider it a concession that you cannot name anything. And no, "He made the military stronger" or some similar vague claim is not good enough. We're talking about something you can point to an actual policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 10:46 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I typically like a split government, but we need one party rule for a few years to undo all the damage done over the past 4 years.
Stop and think for a minute, for this likely upcoming one party rule may well become permanent; that's
what these despicable Democrats are seeking.
To wit,permanent senate & likely house control with adding two new "states", no filibuster, and illegal aliens voting ( guess for who??). That and a packed supreme court, allied with an almost total left wing control of mass media ( already done), education ( ditto) and our repulsive mass "culture" ( done).
It will be in many ways similar to California in it's current condition.
These vile, mendacious poltroons think they know better than you and that you need their guidance and CONTROL in order to live your life, in a way that they see fit.
What do you think will happen when the truly dangerous Harris becomes president?
Once these useless clowns like Biden,Pelosi, etc. are finally gone, who will replace them? They will be left wing zealots who seek total control, and brook no compromise.
Not a country I want to live in.

Old 10-11-2020, 11:44 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
DC deserves representation in the senate. I support giving PR representation as well.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:18 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Stop and think for a minute, for this likely upcoming one party rule may well become permanent; that's
To wit,permanent senate & likely house control with adding two new "states", no filibuster, and illegal aliens voting ( guess for who??). That and a packed supreme court, allied with an almost total left wing control of mass media ( already done), education ( ditto) and our repulsive mass "culture" ( done).
These vile, mendacious poltroons think they know better than you and that you need their guidance and CONTROL in order to live your life, in a way that they see fit.
What do you think will happen when the truly dangerous Harris becomes president?
Once these useless clowns like Biden,Pelosi, etc. are finally gone, who will replace them? They will be left wing zealots who seek total control, and brook no compromise.
Calm down there.

In 2009, not only did we have one party control have the Oval Office, the House and the Senate, but they had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

And one of what you said happened then. No new states, no packed court (it was 5-4 conservative then too). Why would it happen now? It is pure fear mongering. That's the only currency Republicans deal in.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:34 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I would rather live in California than Trump’s America. You like the current direction of the country under Trump. I do not.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:38 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Harris got wrecked by Pence in the debate...

I could never vote for Biden on this alone. Just think about it... Biden resigns/dies and this arrogant woman who slept her way to the top would be President.

That is a horrifying thought.
She screwed Biden?

Old 10-12-2020, 09:51 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Wow! Bought the whole MSM/DNC talking point agenda.

Lots of projection there.
If something does not pass my BS test it gets kicked to the curb, whether it's some nonsensical paranoid jibber-jabber from Rush Limbaugh or Donald Trump, or some talking head on cable news. There is no "talking point agenda" telling me what to think. Never has been and never will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections