Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 01:57 AM

3,251 posts, read 6,348,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I watched the video, and came away feeling this is just another candidate bashing.
I feel a candidate needs to express what he/she wants to accomplish for a community.
Were I writing for his campaign, this is what it would say.

"Hello, my name is Joe Collins , and I am running for congress to represent the folks in this south central community.
I am not going into detail as to what the current representative has, or hasn't done for this community, but to ask you to look around your neighborhood.....
In theory that sounds good but his current video attacking Maxine Waters has over 350,000 views in only 2 days at the time of this posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wMj24GjtA

His radio shows where he talks about more detailed policy ideas only had a few hundred views in a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 04:26 AM

8,839 posts, read 4,831,989 times
But are his bodily fluids worth $15 million?

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2020/02/...ed-joe-collins

Old 10-13-2020, 05:39 AM

12,142 posts, read 6,666,931 times
He’s starting to get national attention now.
I hope Tucker does a segment on him.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe...20-house-races

Old 10-13-2020, 07:16 AM

12,532 posts, read 8,309,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
In theory that sounds good but his current video attacking Maxine Waters has over 350,000 views in only 2 days at the time of this posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wMj24GjtA

His radio shows where he talks about more detailed policy ideas only had a few hundred views in a month.
I would be willy to bet that most of the 350,000 are the people who watch political "news" commentators for fun and the Google algorithm picked up on that and very few residents of California's 43rd Congressional district saw either. The guy is just the guy whose ads turn up on KJLH radio all the time now

Old 10-13-2020, 08:38 AM

3,167 posts, read 1,819,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California has been No. 1 in GDP and No. 1 in manufacturing for some time, pre-pandemic, all under a Dem government. Why would any Californian vote to turn our economy over to a conservative and take the risk that they will turn California into the next Kansas or West Virginia? Don't "Brownback" California.
Electing 1 conservative, or even several, is not going to turn us into Kansas or West Virgina. This is especially true of California conservatives, which are not the same think as mid-west conservatives. And the only reason California has been successful is because people want to live here, despite the political climate. Certain industries here are doing well and are the reason we are No. 1 in GDP. It is NOT due to the politicians who ride coattails and appear to be doing everything they can to destroy what those businesses have built.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:15 AM

35,546 posts, read 17,460,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Joe Collins — Another courageous black conservative. He’s trying to replace Maxine Waters, and RIPS her apart.....
Does he have a chance?
Scroll down and click on his powerful ad.
Is this ad getting any air time in CA? In LA?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nav...in-campaign-ad
My beliefs are Maxine Waters for President.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:50 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,183,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
He says he first turned Republican 16 years ago.
Is there conversion therapy or medication for that? Can he pray the Republican away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections