Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 06:10 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,923,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Son, we have been over this. Period.
Yes, we have. The gateway pundit is known for extreme bias, propaganda, conspiracy, and fake news by independent third party sources that verify media bias. Let's use more honest sources going forward. Send me a private message if you want to chat, I'd be more than happy to help you research the bias of sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 06:11 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,036,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Yes, we have. The gateway pundit is known for extreme bias, propaganda, conspiracy, and fake news by independent third party sources that verify media bias. Let's use more honest sources going forward. Send me a private message if you want to chat, I'd be more than happy to help you research the bias of sources.
To you, I have yet to see any problems with Breitbart or Gateway Pundit and I will keep using them.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
To you, I have yet to see any problems with Breitbart or Gateway Pundit and I will keep using them.
Honest question, why would you use sources that have been proven to make up stories, and indulge in propaganda and conspiracy?

Old 10-13-2020, 06:27 PM

6,134 posts, read 4,622,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
From the article:

"Folks, understand this- what polls say doesn’t matter. What people say to pollsters doesn’t matter. What does matter is the votes of people in a few key battleground states. In particular, Florida and the Midwest: Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. My fans tell me these particular states are Trump country. In small towns and outer suburbs you can’t find any support for Biden."

This is very true of Michigan and Ohio, I can attest to that just from recent drives through both states. Yesterday as I drove through Ohio I felt like a Trump parade in reverse. I was the moving vehicle and house after house after house had Trump signs in their yards, literally hundreds of them and only a handful, fewer than 10, Biden signs. I see the same in the vast majority of the towns and counties that I have been in in Michigan in the past few weeks.

Yesterday Biden held a "Drive through" rally at a UAW hall in Toledo, Ohio, a blue city. My niece works for the Ohio Republican Party and had the job of finding people to stand nearby holding Trump signs. It turned out that Biden had only a handful of supporters show up and the 100 or so people that my niece organized on short notice were drowning Biden out with their chants of "Four more years!"

I have lived my entire life in the Upper Midwest blue collar/farming region of NW Ohio and SE Michigan. When a Dem candidate can't get people to turn out at a rally at a UAW hall in Toledo....stick a fork in him, cuz it's bad. Good for Trump supporters, though.
Well, in some of those small towns and farm/rural areas, that's a lot of Trump's base and I imagine some of the people supporting Biden are apprehensive about putting signs up for the same reason Trump supporters are saying they are apprehensive about putting signs up in liberal cities.

They're concerned someone is going to try and start some drama over it, or mess with their property when they're not there. Not saying the majority of Trump supporters would do that. 9 people may pass by and say "I don't agree with that" but then go on with their life like they should. But then that 10th person is a twisted kook and tries to mess with someone's property or something like that. That same concern exists for people supporting either Trump or Biden whether or not someone wants to act like their "side" is the one always having good behavior and it's the other side causing mayhem. It's unfortunate but it's where we're at.

And rural areas have become more Republican while urban areas have become more Democratic. That's not entirely a healthy situation because it creates an even wider cultural gap which leads to more division and misunderstanding among Americans, but that's where we are at the moment.

Also, from a practical standpoint, if someone owns a business and knows 80 percent of the community is for one candidate or another, there's a disincentive to put up a sign for a candidate that 80 percent of the population disagree with. So in those highly partisan areas, you're more likely to see candidates for the candidate favored by the local population because of groupthink and people not wanting to rock the boat.

Last edited by Jowel; 10-13-2020 at 06:36 PM..

Old 10-13-2020, 06:56 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,095,077 times
Quote:
Honest question, why would you use sources that have been proven to make up stories, and indulge in propaganda and conspiracy?
He's never going to answer that honestly, but the simple answer is pretty clear- confirmation bias. Sources like GP and Breitbart tell their very select audience everything they want to hear, and for those types of people, that's enough to claim it's the only truthful source. The Left has some of those sources as well, but it seems they're far less popular.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
As I said I haven't seen that and the only folks I see making up crap with anonymous sources or just straight up lies is CNN,MSNBC,ABC,NBC,WSJ and NYT and the like. The fact it triggers people well that just makes it even better for me.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
As I said I haven't seen that and the only folks I see making up crap with anonymous sources or just straight up lies is CNN,MSNBC,ABC,NBC,WSJ and NYT and the like. The fact it triggers people well that just makes it even better for me.
Which media bias checking source do you use, out of curiosity?

Old 10-13-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Which media bias checking source do you use, out of curiosity?
I use common sense, I am 36 years old I have been paying attention to news and politics for over 20 years, its pretty simple to see who is biased and who isn't. Its easy to see who lies and who tells the truth just with their slant.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I use common sense, I am 36 years old I have been paying attention to news and politics for over 20 years, its pretty simple to see who is biased and who isn't. Its easy to see who lies and who tells the truth just with their slant.
Common sense is nothing more than the collection of prejudices you're exposed to up until the age of 18. Relying on common sense alone, instead of facts and third party analysis is dangerous.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:41 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
I have seen the Democrats go to EXTREME lengths to try to get more voters... That is EXACTLY the sign I need to know they are losing badly... Even previous Clinton voters are not interested in voting for Biden... He is done and the polls is the only thing getting him out of bed... But it ain't fooling anyone else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections