Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 07:40 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,462,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
The “lead” has decreased by a full point since this thread was started. #awkward
Whether Biden wins by 9 or 10, he still wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 08:18 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,724,078 times
We are 15 days out from the Election. Biden is at 8.9 nationally. Clinton was at 5.5 nationally when 15 days out.

Trump gained 4 points in battleground states in just 10 days in 2016. We are only 14 days out. If that move doesn't come soon, it will be too late.

Polls were volatile in 2016. Not so much now. Check out:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...ground-states/
vs
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...ground-states/

Biden has been between 48-49% while Trump has been hovering at 45% for the past 60 days. Whereas in 2016, Clinton was between 41 and 46 over the last few months while Trump was between 38 and 45.

And now that we are in that window of the last few weeks of the election where Trump's support had bottomed in 2016 after the "grab them by the p****" but then he gained from Clinton's email re-investigation... we just aren't seeing that sort of volatility right now. I'm still expecting shenanigans though. Some sort of Biden deep fake video or a Bill Barr investigation into Biden or something. That's what would take the move the needle... and frankly, I don't know if even that would move the needle.

Considering how many millions of Americans have already voted, Trump needed that help to come by now.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:47 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,208,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Trump gained 4 points in battleground states in just 10 days in 2016. We are only 14 days out. If that move doesn't come soon, it will be too late. ...Considering how many millions of Americans have already voted, Trump needed that help to come by now.

Early voting now is already at over 20% of the total 2016 turnout. The early votes that have been turned in were cast in the Biden +10 environment. Poll tightening in the last week won't effect those ballots. As of this moment 538 has Biden up 10.7%. By my math he has to convince over 13% of the remaining 80% of voters over to his side in order to close that 10% gap. Every day that goes by with Biden at or near +10% makes it increasingly more difficult for Trump to gain ground.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:54 AM

592 posts, read 465,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
If Donald Trump deleted all of his emails, wiped his server with Bleachbit (Like Hillary) and destroyed all of his phones with a hammer, would the Mainstream Media suddenly lose all interest in the story and declare him innocent. (Like Hillary)
If President Joe Biden shrugged and said "it is what it is" as 200,000 Americans and counting died from Covid, and mocked candidate Donald Trump for wearing a mask, would Trumpies be perfectly content with that?

Old 10-19-2020, 06:59 PM

7,684 posts, read 4,220,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
You are failing to recognize the difference between enthusiasm for Biden with enthusiasm against Trump. There are more voters that are sick and tired of his act and want him out as compared to ones that are all in on Biden. 2016 was an anomaly. Hillary was not well liked and was viewed as a continuation of the Clinton/Bush era. People wanted someone new and exciting. Enter Trump.........loud, obnoxious, promising the world. He won for that reason alone.

This year we have 4 years to reflect on and to be able to look at how divisive he has become and made this country. A lot of people are tired of the constant drama. Biden is your grandfather..........nice guy, tells a lot of long winded stories, but he's not going to rock the boat and be tweeting at 3am. He'll get up, go to work, do his job and unless it's a major thing going on you won't hear much about it.

I for one would love to be able to go through a day without having to hear/read about what the President said or did this time. I want to be able to have a conversation about politics without it devolving into what happens on a lot of these threads. i want to be able to walk down the street and not have to roll my eyes at the person coming towards me decked out in MAGA gear like they are a walking billboard. I cannot remember in any other year, regardless of it being an election year, of people walking around as advertisements for a candidate or a sitting president. Never did see a "tear down that wall" t-shirt or flag when Reagan was president. Never saw someone walking around in a Heinz ketchup hat "two things I can't live without...........my Heinz and my John Kerry". I mean most of the Trump supporters look ridiculous in the hats, shirts, etc. I, along with many others, just want a president that we can pay attention to when something happens and not make it a daily exercise in, "oh crap...what now."
Wow. You expressed exactly how I feel about Trump. I try to avoid social media most of the time because he just annoys me.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:02 PM

8,947 posts, read 2,995,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
If President Joe Biden shrugged and said "it is what it is" as 200,000 Americans and counting died from Covid, and mocked candidate Donald Trump for wearing a mask, would Trumpies be perfectly content with that?
Joe Biden said "It is what it is" to militant leftist violence all Summer in major American cities.

That's going to cost him.

He also called Trump a xenophobe when he was protecting America from the virus in January. He has no room to talk on that issue.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:59 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,724,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Joe Biden said "It is what it is" to militant leftist violence all Summer in major American cities.

That's going to cost him.

He also called Trump a xenophobe when he was protecting America from the virus in January. He has no room to talk on that issue.
Find that quote for us.

In the meantime, embedded in this article are various statements Biden made dating back to the summer about violence:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN25V2O1

Check third paragraph onwards. I don't want to just directly link to the evidence since this was Reuters work, not mine.

Biden was pretty clear about it. Trumpers might believe Biden said nothing until "his polls dipped" but that is clearly false. Remember, just because you or Trump says it, doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections