Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 05:02 PM

8,954 posts, read 3,001,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Democrats and Independents for Biden believe in the effectiveness of masks and believe enough in SCIENCE not to attend a super spreader event. Trump rallies are simply virus transmitters. The sad thing is no one other than Trump and the super wealthy can afford the 118,000 dollar anti-viral treatment that Regeneron does not release to the little guys. Or a private jet with 18 doctors waiting to treat them at Walter Reed Hospital.

Notice how Trump became a believer in SCIENCE and the treatments prescribed by the very health professionals who he has repeatedly bashed? Notice he didn't contact the doctor who pooh poohed covid 19. I think she said disease is caused by demons who visit you at night.

It's the Wizard of Oz folks. Just wait until you get there and the curtain is pulled back. And there Trump will be....
Biden still has rallies though. He just doesn't get anyone to show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Very dangerous and very irresponsible.

“As President Donald Trump jetted across the country holding campaign rallies during the past two months, he didn’t just defy state orders and federal health guidelines. He left a trail of coronavirus outbreaks in his wake.

The president has participated in nearly three dozen rallies since mid-August, all but two at airport hangars. A USA TODAY analysis shows COVID-19 cases grew at a faster rate than before after at least five of those rallies in the following counties: Blue Earth, Minnesota; Lackawanna, Pennsylvania; Marathon, Wisconsin; Dauphin, Pennsylvania; and Beltrami, Minnesota.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vwBFfCJvYaeIq8
Here come the virus NANNIES again!

People vote with their feet. Stop advocating for a China society where the government comes and welds you into your house over a virus with a 99+% survival rate.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
What are you waiting for. You go girl.
1. I'm a male.

2. I vote in person, on election day.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:17 PM

2,050 posts, read 782,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
In order for those losses to be considered a sacrifice he's made in behalf of Americans they would need to have been something he knowingly and purposefully did. That's not the case. He's tried his best to benefit from his term in office.

The only reason he is trying to get re-elected is to avoid the "gifts" the State of New York has waiting for him, and to delay Melania filing for divorce. He has no real interest in doing the actual job.
You realize the NY state case is a civil case right, it’s not a criminal case.

Trumps businesses have lost money, he’s donated money to the treasury for money paid to his properties by the fed for services, he’s donated his annual salary

Yet he’s still accused of wrongdoing. There is literally nothing he could do the hard core left would ever agree with.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:25 PM

26,457 posts, read 13,321,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
In order for those losses to be considered a sacrifice he's made in behalf of Americans they would need to have been something he knowingly and purposefully did. That's not the case. He's tried his best to benefit from his term in office.

The only reason he is trying to get re-elected is to avoid the "gifts" the State of New York has waiting for him, and to delay Melania filing for divorce. He has no real interest in doing the actual job.
Trump had to turn over control of his businesses when he was elected. That cost him money, so did C-19. He is not actively allowed to do anything, regarding his businesses...that would be illegal.

Regarding New York, & Melania, I don't know, nor do I care. Baron probably never sees his father anyways. I'm not a Trumpster, so what happens to him after he's gone, matters not to me. He was my 3rd choice in the Primary's. I preferred Rand Paul.

I'm glad we had a businessman-President, and not another career politician. I'd like to see that for eternity.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:20 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,301,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitefly View Post
Dem *voters* think he's winning because media & fake "polls" have told them so.

Team Biden internally KNOWS they've lost. Their recent campaigning in Texas, Ohio, Delaware & Georgia, along with their ad buys make it obvious they know they've lost & are trying to hold the House.
I don’t believe this is true. Do you have a link or any expert who is saying this using data?

Old 10-25-2020, 07:30 PM

6,065 posts, read 4,295,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
1. It's freedom, and it's not "dangerous" to most sane people. The virus has WELL over a 99% survival rate for most people. If you are really old or really sick, you shouldn't go.

2. Holding rallies and working hard at campaigning is a sign that a person wants the job and isn't taking anything for granted.

Sitting at home or going an hour radius outside of where you live and thinking you can win a presidential election is unprecedented.
Do you know what 1% of 300 million is?

So I guess you think Trump's own medical experts aren't sane? His rallies are in violation of his own administration's Covid guiadance.

Your argument about the normativity of campaign rallies is absurd. Biden's approach is unprecedented because there is an unprecedented risk to social gatherings. Duh.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:33 PM

6,065 posts, read 4,295,259 times
Quote:
1. The goal of 2016 wasn't to get the most votes overall. We don't have a national popular vote. Trump won 30 states to Hillary's 20. He got more support from more geographic areas in part because he campaigned in those areas and brought his message constantly.
You aren't understanding my argument. You are claiming that rally attendance is a significant indicator of a politician's support. If that were the case, Trump should have received many more votes than Hillary becaus

Quote:
2. Many, many people in this country don't want a NANNY state and can make their own decisions. the virus has well over a 99% survival rate for most people. Driving to the rally presents more of a risk than the virus does.

Most people aren't terrified of it. I know you can't understand that, but it's true.
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the actual medical facts. See my other post above this one about Covid. Your view is in disagreement with pretty much every single expert.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:54 AM

2,817 posts, read 2,131,366 times
There are probably more deaths due to the Peaceful Protests than due to the Campaign Rallies.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:35 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,725,441 times
If Biden wins, are we done talking about enthusiasm gaps? Is the 20th Century style of campaigning dead? Are we done talking about polling errors only going for Republicans even though just 2008 and 2012 would prove that false?

Is attacking Biden's campaign schedule the last desperate attack?

Dementia hasn't panned out.
Ukraine hasn't panned out.
Biden is going to jail for something about 2016 hasn't panned out.
Something about his hairy legs(?) or whatever hasn't panned out.
Biden can't debate hasn't panned out.
Biden won't make it to the nomination hasn't panned out.

We have an entire population of "boys/girls who cried wolf" living right here on P&OC. No wonder none of you are taken seriously anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections