Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 09:40 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,983,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I believe this.

I live and work in Loony Liberal land where the Biden signs outnumber the Trump signs 100 to 1. I don't know if this has to do with where I live or the fact that Trump signs are targets for vandalize and theft? In front of some houses there has been non stop anti Trump messaging since he dared to win in 2016.

In my area if one chooses to wear a Trump hat, to fly a Trump flag, to put a bumper sticker on a vehicle or to show up to a sidewalk rally for Trump you do so at your own risk.

The Democrats have successfully shut down any shows of support for Trump and to do so you risk a shutdown of your business and reputation.

It really is terrible that so many have been brainwashed to violence.

Here on CD there is relative safety to show support for Trump.

I hope that we will see an overwhelming wave of support for him on election day to the point that Biden has no choice but to concede.

THIS! I don't like Trump all that much but I have eyes and can see what is going on in the liberal areas.. I don't know what its like in more conservatives areas but here in Liberal land its insane.. If a small business owner is known to agree with Trump on an issue or god forbid support Trump that business owner would be out of business real quick. That person would be shunned. After all, must be a bigot and a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 09:43 AM

592 posts, read 462,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Society has pretty much made it impossible to openly support Trump. This is not anything new. I agree with a post above that indicated that this phenomena is probably much worse this time around. People that go to rallies or wave trump flags represent a tiny minority of the trump vote.
I call BS on this. I see way more Trump banners, flags and paraphernalia this year than I did 4 years ago. In Bucks County PA, a suburb of Philadelphia

Old 10-28-2020, 09:45 AM

1,049 posts, read 963,025 times
I'm not saying Trump supporters don't suffer the same thing. But where I live, which is more Democratic than Republican, I see a lot more cases of people having Biden signs stolen or vandalized. Then there's this stuff:

https://www.fox13news.com/news/flori...ood-police-say

As far as businesses go, I don't see why a small business would feel the need to openly support a particular politician. What's the point? If you suffer loss of business because of your vocal support for a particular candidate, then that's your fault for being a bad businessperson.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:06 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,921,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am a trump supporter. I would never go to a rally. Most working people cannot be associated with a political cause or they will put their job and or / looking for a job at risk.

So if some stranger calls them up and asks who they are voting for (if they answer) it is likely they will not put their lives in jeopardy.
Exactly.

And the Trump "enthusiasts" are probably about 30% of Republicans. The rest begin every conversation about the president, with, "I wish he wouldn't tweet so much."

But Democrats lack the ability to discern shades. They are horribly prejudiced and think everyone is defined by their skin color or political beliefs.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you’re assuming that because there are Trump voters who enthusiastically go to his rallies that there aren’t 100x more who keep quiet? In my liberal neighborhood, I’d be completely shunned, or outright harassed. I already had one neighbor lambast me about my “immorality,” and I don’t need any more of that. There are many millions like me, I assure you.
I live in about an 80% progressive area. I would have feared vandalism if I put a Governor Kemp sign in my yard in the last election, let alone a President Trump sign.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:11 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
You, thomass and Ayra ignored the rest of the points in my post.

Phone and online polls aren't a threat to Trump supporters...
And you probably think nobody could find out who you are on a message board. I try to make sure I don't get carried away and I avoid people who get hostile on message boards. Determined, technologically capable people could find out your identity. And someone who has your phone number can easily find out your name and address.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:13 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Maybe its more socially acceptable to be pro Trump in your state of GA. Here in the suburbs of NYC it is not socially acceptable. Out of the closet Trump supporters are socially shunned. You have no idea what its like in other parts of the country, just your area, so telling someone that something is "nonsense" is ignorant and juvenile.
I'm in Georgia and I know lots of people like me who wouldn't dare admit in public they are gasp, Republicans. The hostility is off the charts.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:14 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Sorry, but I am aware of what it's like. I grew up and worked in NYC for most of my life. You could walk down the sidewalk wearing nothing but Trump pasties and no one would pay you any attention.
Try it today. Go ahead.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:38 AM

13,817 posts, read 8,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I voted for Biden and don't care who knows it..I have an old friend of 40 years that told me if I didn't vote for Trump he would never speak to me again..wtf?..

Sad.

I have a niece I worry won't invite me to her wedding next year if she knew I voted for Trump.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,517,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
You, thomass and Ayra ignored the rest of the points in my post.

Phone and online polls aren't a threat to Trump supporters...
We’ve been conditioned not to say, regardless. It’s become an automatic defense thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections