Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 01:23 PM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,921,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Based on what? Your “feeling”?

Check out The Cook Political Report, a respected, nonpartisan website.
Cook is a well to the left Democratic website. That doesn't mean they are garbage, but they are not non-partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 01:27 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,518,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
But you are saying it. Saying it on an internet forum is not any different from saying it on the phone.
Of course it's different. I'm anonymous here. On the phone, it could be a liberal calling, and now he knows my name. We've learned not to let ANYONE know we support the President of the United States. Apparently, it's a very bad thing.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:27 PM

873 posts, read 1,715,471 times
The Trump supporters are out there and most seem hidden especially in Orlando, FL. I thought about getting a Trump flag or bumper sticker. Heck, even a USA flag but I don't want a brick coming through my window or my tires slashed.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:29 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,518,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic95 View Post
you're absolutely right, though you articulated it with much more reservation than warranted.

The polls are off by 20 points - more in some places. As much fun as election day 2016 was, trump's 2020 victory will be a replay of secretariat's belmont stakes runaway. That, added to the gains among other office holders, will make it the most glorious election night that any of us have ever experienced. Not the largest margin ever, but the most glorious, the most gratifying, because never before in our lifetime has an election been literally a matter of national life or death. And never before have the polls been this foolishly remote from any semblance of reality.
amen!!!!

Old 10-28-2020, 04:17 PM

177 posts, read 108,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I am a "hidden" Trump voter, as is my husband. I speak my mind here because I am anonymous, but I won't even post anything political on Facebook, put out a yard sign, or discuss politics with anyone I know isn't a die hard Trump supporter because everyone I know who votes Democrat has a mean side to them when it comes to politics, they can't seem to just live and let live. I have some cousins and friends on FB, for example, who don't live nearby and who support Biden and I know that if I posted anything in support of the President they would feel differently about me and get nasty. I am a very live and let live person, I never comment negatively on their political posts, I feel that everyone is free to their own opinion but unfortunately, I can't count on that from others. This was also the case with both Bushes, McCain, and Romney, but not nearly as bad as it is now.

I think a lot of middle-aged women who were raised to be "people pleasers" and polite at all costs are in the same boat. We don't want to make waves and cause conflict, we were raised that that is rude. I think a lot of people on this forum say things here under cover of a made up SN that they wouldn't dream of saying to the other people to their face, I guess that is pretty much how internet forums work, though. You can vent because no one knows who you are and you can walk away and forget about the other people on the forum, just as they walk away and forget about you.
You sound like a very nice person but why the need to be "people pleaser"? Why would you, or any woman, vote for Donald Trump? He has done nothing but demean women, especially successful women. . . think Kristen Welker, Leslie Stahl, Gov. Whitmer of Michigan - who he almost got kidnapped and murdered with his careless tweeting. He has bragged of grabbing women by the ***** and "just kissing them". He has appointed Supreme Court judges who will limit a woman's right to, with her doctor, make her own decisions about her body and instead give those rights to MEN in state and national legislative positions who don't even know her.
Please give this some more thought - think of your daughters and granddaughters and how you would like to see them treated by men, and by our government. Do some research on the two party platforms. Speak with women outside of your circle. Read. Read. Read. Your vote matters. Women have come so far since the 1950's - do you really want to go back there??? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:26 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,092,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Of course it's different. I'm anonymous here. On the phone, it could be a liberal calling, and now he knows my name. We've learned not to let ANYONE know we support the President of the United States. Apparently, it's a very bad thing.
And yet it's not liberals plotting kidnappings and assassinations. It's almost as if this is all projection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections