Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 09:06 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Lol
LOL.
LOL
LOL
And in general, LOL:
Quote:
Trump is on track for 320-340 electoral votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 02:57 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Are you familiar with NC? Raleigh and Charlotte are combining to have the same impact as Atlanta. The main difference is the Ga is 32% African American and NC is 21% African American. For contrast- SC, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana all have more AAs by percentage and did not go Dem. What NC has is those two cities with huge numbers of college grads, entrepreneurs, and forward looking industries/fields. Asheville and now Wilmington kick in some but NC has fully become cities vs rural areas in voting patterns. And it just elected Dems to half the statewide office. Trump's 1.3% win in NC is the equivalent of Biden's 1.2% win in Pennsylvania.

If the Rs lose 2-3% of dedicated Trump voters in future elections or see another couple of years of adding 110k new residents per year, Trumps 70k vote margin of victory will be very hard to replicate.
I'm familiar with NC. I lived in Raleigh for many years until recently. My neighborhood had transplants from NY, Maine, NJ, CT, IL, NH. We were in contact with each other throughout the years so I got to know their political leanings. No, they're not all voting for democrats. Some of them were Republicans, most were independents. They're seeing changes in the city that democrats are pushing and they're not fans. I also worked with some African American females and some of them who voted for Obama were disappointed in him and in democrat policies. I voted for Obama as an independent and will never vote for another democrat again.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:47 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I'm familiar with NC. I lived in Raleigh for many years until recently. My neighborhood had transplants from NY, Maine, NJ, CT, IL, NH. We were in contact with each other throughout the years so I got to know their political leanings. No, they're not all voting for democrats. Some of them were Republicans, most were independents. They're seeing changes in the city that democrats are pushing and they're not fans. I also worked with some African American females and some of them who voted for Obama were disappointed in him and in democrat policies. I voted for Obama as an independent and will never vote for another democrat again.
I would in no way suggest all Northerners are Democrats- I live in SC which tends to draw the most conservative transplants- but the transplants the large NC metros are drawing are definitely more left leaning than the existing residents. Even a ten percent D advantage among transplants would whittle away the R advantage in half a decade. I think Trump maxxed out both Conservative and Trump loyal voters this year yet the state was only a one point win. I think the one time Dem voters who only did so as an anti-Trump gesture are fewer than the pro-Trump/not pro Republican voters. I have long thought NC most similar to Pa than Va or Georgia but 3-4 points more R. This year it was only 2.5 more R so its definitely swinging. Then again few of us could predict Ga would go Dem in an election where Pa was a nail biter.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:18 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

Yep. What's great about NC is we have too many moderate dems who will never pull the lever for a Dem president.

They will happily do it for Governor.

Old 02-27-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Are you familiar with NC? Raleigh and Charlotte are combining to have the same impact as Atlanta. The main difference is the Ga is 32% African American and NC is 21% African American. For contrast- SC, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana all have more AAs by percentage and did not go Dem. What NC has is those two cities with huge numbers of college grads, entrepreneurs, and forward looking industries/fields. Asheville and now Wilmington kick in some but NC has fully become cities vs rural areas in voting patterns. And it just elected Dems to half the statewide office. Trump's 1.3% win in NC is the equivalent of Biden's 1.2% win in Pennsylvania.

If the Rs lose 2-3% of dedicated Trump voters in future elections or see another couple of years of adding 110k new residents per year, Trumps 70k vote margin of victory will be very hard to replicate.

I do live near Raleigh. The suburbs trend red here because married people with kids tend to vote Republican. Especially here.

I know being married and having kids is something that's foreign to dems

Old 02-27-2021, 09:24 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,423 times
Biden lost North Carolina..

Old 03-01-2021, 06:13 AM

Raleigh suburbs are much more than Wake

Old 03-01-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL.
LOL
LOL
And in general, LOL:

I'm not sure what you are smoking. I didn't make those posts.

I'm sure that clown believes in reparations like I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections