Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times

Advertisements

This is an article written about the hypocrisy of the media for ignoring all of the homophobic, anti-Catholic hate-mongers that support John McCain while everyone focuses on Reverend Wright. I guess it's just more socially acceptable to be homophobic than to be "racist" against white people. And it's easier for majority Christians to bag on Catholic Christians, they're probably intimidated that the Catholic Church has been around a lot longer and has way more credibility. Oh, and by the way, anyone with half a brain knows that our foreign policy in the Middle East did lead to the September 11 attacks although that doesn't lessen the sadness and the evilness of the attacks themselves. Like the article says, Rev. Wright blames our foreign policy for 9/11 while Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell blames the gays (McCain really buddied up to Falwell before his death). I guess it's just easier to be offended by a black man. It's much easier to be racist when you can justify it by saying that he is racist as well.

I've posted the link as well as the article below for those anti-Obama people who usually skip right over the link without bothering to look at the content but you should really read it at the New York Times website as it has all of the relevant links to the other scandals mentioned therein. Those words in blue have links attached so it really is best to read the article at the site so you can follow the links. Also, that word that is "starred out" at the beginning is "W-H-O-R-E" but it can't be posted on this site.

The All-White Elephant in the Room - New York Times

The All-White Elephant in the Room
by: Frank Rich (a white man)

BORED by those endless replays of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright? If so, go directly to YouTube, search for “John Hagee Roman Church Hitler,” and be recharged by
a fresh jolt of clerical jive.

What you’ll find is a white televangelist, the Rev. John Hagee, lecturing in front of an enormous diorama. Wielding a pointer, he pokes at the image of a woman with Pamela Anderson-sized breasts, her hand raising a golden chalice. The woman is “the Great *****,” Mr. Hagee explains, and she is drinking “the blood of the Jewish people.” That’s because the Great ***** represents “the Roman Church,” which, in his view, has thirsted for Jewish blood throughout history, from the Crusades to the Holocaust.

[Mod edited for copyright]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-04-2008 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 05:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I plan on voting for Obama or Hillary in November (although I haven't entirely ruled McCain out), and I think this is just a ridiculous comparison. Yes, Hagee is a crackpot, but there is a huge difference between being endorsed by someone and sitting in someone's pew for 20 years, calling said person a mentor, and writing a book with a title taken from that person's sermon. The media's non focus on Hagee has nothing to do with bias or hypocrisy .. they're not focused on him because it's basically a non issue.. unlike Wright, which Obama himself has said is relevant. Do the Left a favor, and find something more fruitful to talk about.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:04 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I plan on voting for Obama or Hillary in November (although I haven't entirely ruled McCain out), and I think this is just a ridiculous comparison. Yes, Hagee is a crackpot, but there is a huge difference between being endorsed by someone and sitting in someone's pew for 20 years, calling said person a mentor, and writing a book with a title taken from that person's sermon. The media's non focus on Hagee has nothing to do with bias or hypocrisy .. they're not focused on him because it's basically a non issue.. unlike Wright, which Obama himself has said is relevant. Do the Left a favor, and find something more fruitful to talk about.
It may not matter to you but it matters to me and by my estimation, that's all that matters. You find your issues to care about and I'll find mine, yeah?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
In absence of another 2 months of population damage from the extreme views of the minority we can only hope to gain an extremely pointed view of the vision of the soon to be - next President of the United States.

Wishful thinking? maybe, but I'm sure there will be many arguments of the sort by those who feel - what's good for the goose....

Old 05-04-2008, 06:11 PM

60 posts, read 78,572 times
The Author Of The Nyt Piece Must Be Reading City-data, But That Was On Here All Week

Old 05-04-2008, 06:17 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
It may not matter to you but it matters to me and by my estimation, that's all that matters. You find your issues to care about and I'll find mine, yeah?
Sure. If you want to waste your time trying to depict someone who called less extreme religious right figures agents of intolerance as a Catholic hater. Go for it. That dog won't hunt though.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
In absence of another 2 months of population damage from the extreme views of the minority we can only hope to gain an extremely pointed view of the vision of the soon to be - next President of the United States.

Wishful thinking? maybe, but I'm sure there will be many arguments of the sort by those who feel - what's good for the goose....
WHY 2 MONTHS ??? DAILYKOS
//www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...flipflops.html

Old 05-04-2008, 06:27 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,651 times
Hagee is NOT John McCain's pastor... he is just someone that endorsed McCain. McCain is not responsible for every nut case that endorses him. Stop peddling propoganda... it is getting old.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Hagee is NOT John McCain's pastor... he is just someone that endorsed McCain. McCain is not responsible for every nut case that endorses him. Stop peddling propoganda... it is getting old.
You'll have to forgive the Obama crowd. They are trying desperately to bury the whole Wright thing. It ain't gonna happen.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post

IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT......WHAT THE OTHER PART HILLARY? WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN IRAN AND NORTH KOREA PILE ON THE HEAT.....ARE YA GONNA CRY AND SAY WHY PICK ON ME !! OR LIKE MCCAIN JUST SURRENDER AND GET CAPTURED?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections