U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:02 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,842,900 times

Advertisements

For those who believe in polls, article speaks for itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/05/us...hp&oref=slogin

Last edited by LexusNexus; 05-04-2008 at 07:13 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,962,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm completely unaffected. I don't regret my vote for Obama in any way, shape, or form and I won't regret voting for him in the Fall either. I personally don't understand why we hold Obama, Clinton, and McCain to higher standards than we hold ourselves. Really, if my best friend or cousin or pastor (who happens to be a family friend) makes an ignorant statement, I would hope that people would take my word that their views were not my views. Whatever, bad stuff happens everytime a Presidential election comes around. I mean, Bush (Karl Rove) basically told voters in South Carolina that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child when, in reality, his youngest daughter is adopted. But everyone seemed to forget about that "little" indiscretion. It's a travesty all around, how we react, how the media feeds the flames, how their opponents exploit the situation.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 PM

11,542 posts, read 12,974,998 times
Another poll <yawn>

Old 05-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I'm completely unaffected. I don't regret my vote for Obama in any way, shape, or form and I won't regret voting for him in the Fall either. I personally don't understand why we hold Obama, Clinton, and McCain to higher standards than we hold ourselves. Really, if my best friend or cousin or pastor (who happens to be a family friend) makes an ignorant statement, I would hope that people would take my word that their views were not my views. Whatever, bad stuff happens everytime a Presidential election comes around. I mean, Bush (Karl Rove) basically told voters in South Carolina that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child when, in reality, his youngest daughter is adopted. But everyone seemed to forget about that "little" indiscretion. It's a travesty all around, how we react, how the media feeds the flames, how their opponents exploit the situation.
I agree. In fact, this has been my view since this whole Wright nonsense was created.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Another poll <yawn>
Yes, this one hits you where it hurts, doesn't it?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,848,589 times
Quote:
For those who believe in polls, article speaks for itself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/05/us...hp&oref=slogin
Maybe I missed it, but for some reason the Times link, though it shows Obama-51% McCain 40%, it doesn't mention Obama-50% Clinton 38% a 4% improvement from last Wed. Admittedly, considering some of the numbers, the poll appears to be an outlier, but the trend, relative to the previous poll, is most promising.

CBS Poll: Support For Obama Rebounds, In Wake Of Controversy Over Former Pastor, Illinois Senator Builds Lead Over McCain, Clinton - CBS News

Old 05-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I agree. In fact, this has been my view since this whole Wright nonsense was created.
If its such a non-issue, why is this site bombarded everyday with polls, news articles, tarot card readings, etc stating voters are unaffected by the Wright issue? If the poll is correct, how about putting an end to all the whining about the issue.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM

48,507 posts, read 90,516,947 times
Is that why Obama''s campaign say it has hurt him.I thnik if you look at pools the question oftewn answweer if it is a poll with a speific purpose or ont to find answers. NY pools are generally conducted in very liberal areas. I have seen national polls that are all over the place and some that appear vry skewed in results looking at the primary votes themselves.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:28 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,152,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
If anything, the last election should have shown people what happens when you give so much power (the Presidency) to a person that people don't know much about.

With the power of the Presidency behind him, Bush and Cheney managed to use phony intelligence to launch a war in Iraq and numerous other things (like dragging the US dollar down, causing the cost of energy to go up).

You think we'd be a little more careful this time around.

But no! People are rallying to the unproven guy who is running on "Hope" and "Change."

Old 05-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

You think we'd be a little more careful this time around.
It's hard to be careful when we have such poor candidates to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections