Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 11:43 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Happening in SEVERAL Republican counties, of course, and with Dominion machines, of course!
No issues in Dem counties.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ballots-later/

CCP must be pleased with their $400Mil investment (UBS) buying Dominion; must be nice to yank on the strings in an instant from 12,000 miles away - man, talk about 'working remotely' in an Covid Age!
How do you know it’s only in Republican counties? You figured Republican counties would make sure those ballots were cast. By the way has the gateway pundit said anything about police being assigned to every Fulton County precinct due to threats being investigated by the GBI? Wonder why those threats and police are only happening in Democratic areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 12:09 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Wake me up when its over, unless it's another 60 FULL days bickerinn back anf forth like Biden's W I N !!!!

Old 01-05-2021, 12:15 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I have a friend whose political opinions I follow and trust. He is a nerdy data analytics guy. He's saying that he thinks it'll go one seat to each side, and he gives it a 1 in 3 chance of both Dems winning and flipping the Senate. In other words, it's possible but no one should hold their breath.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have a friend whose political opinions I follow and trust. He is a nerdy data analytics guy. He's saying that he thinks it'll go one seat to each side, and he gives it a 1 in 3 chance of both Dems winning and flipping the Senate. In other words, it's possible but no one should hold their breath.
I agree with that as the most likely scenario.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:52 PM

768 posts, read 299,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I just have a hard time seeing that in this polarized environment. Are there really going to be enough people to split their ticket to make a difference?

Old 01-05-2021, 02:54 PM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Example of how the media lies: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/05/u...n-georgia.html
"Georgia Officials Rebutted Trump"

That's the headline. Here's what the SoS said:
"...Mr. Raffensperger shot back in his midday status report, saying that “a small number” of keys used to start voting machines had not been programmed properly and “a few” cards used by poll workers to activate touch-screen machines also had programming issues.

All of the issues “were resolved by 10 a.m.,” he wrote. “At no point did voting stop as voters continued casting ballots on emergency ballots, in accordance with the procedures set out by Georgia law...”"

To translate: Everything President Trump said is true. The machines crashed and voters had to cast "emergency ballots."

Old 01-05-2021, 02:56 PM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
I just have a hard time seeing that in this polarized environment. Are there really going to be enough people to split their ticket to make a difference?
And how will they split? If people want to split, I don't see how they will decide which to split. Some may go Loeffler/Osoff. Others may go Perdue/Warnock. I think it goes all one way.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And how will they split? If people want to split, I don't see how they will decide which to split. Some may go Loeffler/Osoff. Others may go Perdue/Warnock. I think it goes all one way.
More likely most go same way but I can see some skipping one and voting for another. The Collins vs Loeffler race was not a nice race and some Collins supporters might skip rather than vote for Loeffler. I can all so see that happening in the Democrat side. The least likely scenario to me is a half Te, half Dem vote.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:00 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Yes vote Democrat so they can actually get something to the floor of the Senate. Are you not tired of Mitch blocking legislation that is supported by a lot of Senators and Congress? It was approved by Congress and looks to have support in the Senate, but Mitch won't bring it to the floor.
Exactly .

Old 01-05-2021, 03:11 PM

12,868 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Who do you think will win? According to 538, the Democrats have a tiny lead in both elections. If 538 is right, Democrats take the Senate. If the Republicans take either or both seats, the Senate will remain Republican. What do you think? Will Democrats or Republicans win the election(s)?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-senate-polls/
538 is more reliable than most, but still tends to be overly optimistic for the (D) candidates. They were one of the closest in predicting the Presidential election, but they still predicted a bigger margin for Biden than what we ended up with. Their team spent a good deal of time discussing what they tweaked between 2016 and 2020 as well as what they believe they missed in the 2020 election. I realize state level elections are different than national elections, but I'm not convinced that they would have done anything to perfect the results between November and now.

I'd like to see the Dems take the Senate but realistically, I don't see it happening. If I were to bet, I'd bet that both Republicans win by small but decisive margins. I doubt Georgia voters will be too moved by all of the national noise and money that's been funneled into the state. I sincerely doubt that any of the rumors of conservative Georgians "boycotting" the election in protest of the Presidential election are true. There's too much at stake in this one. I'm also not convinced that flipping the Senate is quite the motivator that pushing Trump out of office was for liberal Georgians. In November, down-ballot Republicans performed very well nationally, and (R) senate candidates performed better than (D) senate candidates in Georgia during the last election. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't hold today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections