Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 AM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
TRUMP lost the Popular Vote TWICE and your asking how did he possibly LOSE?
Has Dennis Prager ever heard of MATH?

I don't know who he is, but I got something from him through my FB feed and it was typical right-wing drivel.

Apparently, he has a "University" - as Trump did, Falwell, Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts, and a host of other hucksters and religious fanatics.

I know all I need to know about Prager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 11:36 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
https://rightandfree.com/news/2021/0...m_medium=email

The Most Important Question About the 2020 Election

The primary reasons for my agnosticism are the usual ones:

The anomalies:

In 132 years, no president has received more votes in his run for reelection and lost. Yet Donald Trump received 10 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016 — and lost.

Trump won 18 of the 19 counties both Democrats and Republicans regard as the "bellwether" counties that virtually always go with the outcome of presidential elections. Yet he lost.

He won four bellwether states — Florida, Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina. Yet he lost.

Republicans held onto all the House seats they were defending and gained another 13 seats. Yet, Trump lost.

Add the following to the anomalies:

Unprecedented efforts were made in some states to change election laws.

Mostly Democratic states sent out tens of millions of ballots or applications for absentee ballots to people who never requested them.

Voting began in some states six weeks before Election Day.

People have submitted sworn affidavits at great personal cost and with possible perjury charges that they witnessed ballot tampering on election night.

But all these things would matter little if Democrats involved in ballot-counting felt morally compelled to count votes honestly.

So, then, there is one question I have never heard posed that trumps all other considerations: Would moral considerations prevent Democrats from cheating to oust Trump? Or, to put the question in the positive: Would Democrats deem it morally obligatory to cheat on behalf of Joe Biden?

The answer to the first question is no: Moral considerations would not prevent decent Democrats from cheating to prevent Trump's reelection. The answer to the second question is yes: Decent Democrats would deem it morally obligatory to cheat on behalf of Biden.

For four years, the media and their party, the Democrats, told us every day that Trump is a fascist, a dictator, a racist and a white supremacist; that he was an agent of the Russian government — a real-life Manchurian candidate. We were also repeatedly told by the lying media (Trump's accurate description of the mainstream media) that in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump said there are "very fine" Nazis (see the PragerU video, "The Charlottesville Lie"). Yes, the media told us with a straight face that a man with a Jewish daughter, Jewish son-in-law and Jewish grandchildren said there are fine Nazis. Biden said he decided to run for president because of this lie.

So, then, here is the question: Why would anyone who sincerely believed Trump is a white-supremacist fascist dictator not cheat if he or she could prevent such a person from becoming or remaining president of the United States?

Let me sharpen this question: Isn't someone who could prevent a fascist, white-supremacist, Nazi-defending dictator morally obligated to cheat if he or she could prevent such a person from becoming president?

I certainly would. If I were in a position to cheat in order to prevent a fascist from becoming president, why would I not cheat? I think of the most relevant example: the Nazis in the 1932 elections, Germany's last free election until after World War II. Though the Nazi Party did not receive a majority of votes, the Nazis held the most seats in the Reichstag, and the head of the party, Adolf Hitler, was named chancellor of Germany. If I were in a position to have prevented the Nazis from coming to power by cheating in the vote-count, wouldn't I have been morally obligated to do so — and therefore done so? The answer is obvious.

To repeat, I have never said Biden did not win the election. And even if there was considerable fraud, that doesn't mean the election result would have been different.

But there are consequences to beliefs. Unless Democrats knew they were lying for four years when they labelled Trump a fascist, racist, Nazi, dictator, etc., were they not duty-bound to cheat on Biden's behalf? So, then, when you have circumstantial evidence (not proof), combined with opportunity, desire, motive and, most important, no moral argument against cheating and a strong moral argument for cheating, it isn't a "lie," and it isn't a crackpot conspiracy theory, to wonder about the integrity of America's 2020 presidential election.
The same rationale you use to justify someone cheating can be used to justify someone not voting for trump even if they voted r in down ballot.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:39 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
What I see in this election is that the reps weren't able to count on their usual voter suppression methods.

Reps count on the poor, the black, the hispanic and other minority groups on not being able to vote in person. With those groups being able to vote by mail this election there was a lot more representation of those groups.

Traitor tRump tried to mitigate this by removing mail sorting machines and dropping personnel from USPS to keep those ballots from reaching their destinations in time. Fortunately this method of voter suppression failed, as most places had ballot drop off locations.

And they still lost.

Reps have always known they would lose elections, lose power, if everyone who is eligible to vote actually gets to vote.

Hopefully people who voted and got to see their votes count for something will demand access to voting from this point on.

Reps need to go. It's time to move this country out of the 19th century.
You get the award for dropping the largest pile of steaming waste of the day. Si Og Nar Ah.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:41 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't know who he is, but I got something from him through my FB feed and it was typical right-wing drivel.

Apparently, he has a "University" - as Trump did, Falwell, Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts, and a host of other hucksters and religious fanatics.

I know all I need to know about Prager.
Please be specific. What specifically did Dennis Prager say that is "typical right wing drivel". Please defend your position with specific information to validate your position.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:38 PM

7,245 posts, read 7,071,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
You get the award for dropping the largest pile of steaming waste of the day. Si Og Nar Ah.
LOL.

Reps and their voter suppression methods are well known. Traitor tRump lost because he couldn't suppress them this time. It's why they tried 60+ times to get mail in votes thrown out, but only in key states - states with a history of suppression.

You reps aren't going to keep it up any longer. Insult all you want - your backs are against the wall now and everyone knows it.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:46 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times
Over 60 courts, state and federal, made up of both liberal and conservative judges; various presidential appointees, including those nominated by Trump, himself, indicated that there was little to no evidence of fraud. The fraud claims are in states with either Republican statehouses, have Republican Secy's of state, or both.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
In 132 years, no president has received more votes in his run for reelection and lost. Yet Donald Trump received 10 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016 — and lost.
Population growth exists, shocking. Every four years someone gets "the most votes ever".

Quote:
He won four bellwether states — Florida, Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina. Yet he lost.
Nobody considers those states bellwethers. Florida and Ohio have aging electorates. Iowa is much whiter than the average for swing states. North Carolina is obviously one of the redder swing states. As for counties, most were rural. In the past, there were conservative democrats in rural counties, but those are mostly Republicans now.

Quote:
Republicans held onto all the House seats they were defending and gained another 13 seats. Yet, Trump lost.
Dems gained House seats in 2016 yet Trump won. Meaningless.

Quote:
Unprecedented efforts were made in some states to change election laws.
The pandemic required a huge ramp up in absentee infrastructure. Trump knew about this and telegraphed well in advance he would try to steal the election by disqualifying absentee ballots, in the event that he lost.

Quote:
Voting began in some states six weeks before Election Day.
We have always had early voting and absentee voting. Next.

This is very boring. Dennis Prager, the head of a fake university on youtube, presents us with the usual non-arguments and nothing that hasn't been ripped apart already. Telling a Trump supporter that their hero lost fair and square feels like telling a child that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

The argument that "democrats hate republicans therefore they would cheat" is the laziest of all. Nevermind that Republicans had control in AZ and GA, election boards in all these states are typically bipartisan, and Republican justices nominated by Trump, at all levels, have brushed this off as nonsense. The argument also could be used in reverse. Republicans hate Democrats. Fox News and talk radio pumped Hillary Clinton up to be the next antichrist. Did they cheat in 2004? 2016? Why would the same brain-dead logic not work in reverse?

Old 01-28-2021, 01:12 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,456,375 times
I actually got my degree from Prager U. Not sure why I ended up scrubbing toilets at a Walmart in the middle of Kansas. Or why I'm so full of misplaced deluded rage.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
I actually got my degree from Prager U. Not sure why I ended up scrubbing toilets at a Walmart in the middle of Kansas. Or why I'm so full of misplaced deluded rage.
Well, I graduated from Trump University with a BS in BS.

Old 01-28-2021, 03:14 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
The fraud claims have been rejected. Give it up.

I don’t often agree with Rush, but he made a good point today. What fraud did take place - and of course some existed - wasn’t likely to have been the deciding factor in the elections. Folks simply moved left this time. Republicans should quit baring their teeth and lick their wounds so they can heal and make some wins in the midterms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections