Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:32 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,037,394 times

Advertisements

Heh, this coming from the crowd that thought a Bloomberg candidacy would be a great idea -- and he would have used most if not all of his own money! The DNC is sure reaching, LOL, and this is just too easy to see through.

Framing Cindy McCain as a "drug addict" is really low brow, too. I guess the OP has never known anyone or had a family member who had a difficulty and recovered from it? Obama has admitted to being a drug user in the past. So, if you're going to refer to Cindy McCain as a "drug addict," I guess you should be putting "drug user" in front of Obama's name, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 04:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,448,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, this coming from the crowd that thought a Bloomberg candidacy would be a great idea -- and he would have used most if not all of his own money! The DNC is sure reaching, LOL, and this is just too easy to see through.

Framing Cindy McCain as a "drug addict" is really low brow, too. I guess the OP has never known anyone or had a family member who had a difficulty and recovered from it? Obama has admitted to being a drug user in the past. So, if you're going to refer to Cindy McCain as a "drug addict," I guess you should be putting "drug user" in front of Obama's name, too.
Quite a bit of difference between someone who has tried drugs (many of us would plead guilty to that) and someone that, like Cindy, became so addicted they stole to support their dirty habit.

Salon Feature | How Cindy McCain was outed for drug addiction

Old 05-08-2008, 04:37 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,841,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

You hit the nail on the head, but be aware of the Obama fans who are making everything look good when it comes to the lack of judgment guy!
Obama used drugs, has no judgment skills, ........

Old 05-08-2008, 04:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,942,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Quite a bit of difference between someone who has tried drugs (many of us would plead guilty to that) and someone that, like Cindy, became so addicted they stole to support their dirty habit.

Salon Feature | How Cindy McCain was outed for drug addiction
Let me see, a good person that got addicted to pain relievers taken legally or a person that continually surrounds themselves with racist, terrorist, anti- Americans, apologist for terrorist, etc... Se how dirty it could get when you just play the gotcha game. This could get fun! Be careful with your mouth it could come back to bite you!

Old 05-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You hit the nail on the head, but be aware of the Obama fans who are making everything look good when it comes to the lack of judgment guy!
Obama used drugs, has no judgment skills, ........
Many can try drugs and use them in moderation. However, Cindy McCain, like Limbaugh, demonstrated a complete lack of character by becoming addicted. Drug addiction, theft, a spoiled heiress, what else is she hiding? Lets see those tax returns.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Many can try drugs and use them in moderation. However, Cindy McCain, like Limbaugh, demonstrated a complete lack of character by becoming addicted. Drug addiction, theft, a spoiled heiress, what else is she hiding? Lets see those tax returns.
Let me see lack of character. Sits in pew listening to hate speech for 20 years, even writes about some of it that rubbed off. Even Ophrah had enough and left. Associates with a person that wished he had done more to harm the US, admitted terrorist. Went to get his blessing when starting his political journey. Yeah your right there is a lack of character there. Like I said, this could get fun.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:53 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,192,506 times
Quote:
Her millions are helping John McCain, perhaps in violation of Federal election law.

Like Hillary loaning her campaign millions?

Old 05-08-2008, 04:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Unlike the McCains, Both Obama and Hillary Clinton filed joint tax returns with their spouses and publicly released those returns. If John and Cindy have nothing to hide, what's the problem in releasing Cindy's returns? Otherwise, it raises questions about what is being hidden.
Please email me your tax return.. Under your argument.. what do YOU have to hide?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please email me your tax return.. Under your argument.. what do YOU have to hide?
Not analgous, neither I or anyone in my family is running for public office, let alone POTUS. If Cindy didn't want scrutiny, she should have convinced her husband to stay out of the race. Of course, possibly she had her hands so deep in the medicine jar she didn't even realized John was running.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Not analgous, neither I or anyone in my family is running for public office, let alone POTUS. If Cindy didn't want scrutiny, she should have convinced her husband to stay out of the race. Of course, possibly she had her hands so deep in the medicine jar she didn't even realized John was running.
I don't know you could be Cheney's long lost cousin, just like Obama, Just one big happy family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections