Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not analgous, neither I or anyone in my family is running for public office, let alone POTUS. If Cindy didn't want scrutiny, she should have convinced her husband to stay out of the race. Of course, possibly she had her hands so deep in the medicine jar she didn't even realized John was running.
I agree. When people run for office both they and their family give up any right to privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Unlike the McCains, Both Obama and Hillary Clinton filed joint tax returns with their spouses and publicly released those returns. If John and Cindy have nothing to hide, what's the problem in releasing Cindy's returns? Otherwise, it raises questions about what is being hidden.
Do you understand that John McCain had to sign a pre-nup - and that it was spelled out from Day One that Cindy would not be mingling her $$ w/ John's? They have filed separate tax returns FOREVER.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree. When people run for office both they and their family give up any right to privacy.
Wow. No right to privacy. I bet you are w/ the crowd that didn't want wire tapping for Homeland Security. So if it is YOU that might be under scrutiny - yell bloody murder. However, anyone running for public office is not only required to disclose, but their family members, too . . . Unreal. Where do you draw the line? Grandma? Aunt Maisie? I guess they all need to disclose if they are millionaires.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you understand that John McCain had to sign a pre-nup - and that it was spelled out from Day One that Cindy would not be mingling her $$ w/ John's? They have filed separate tax returns FOREVER.
I don't buy that for a minute. Not one. When 2 people are married, sleep together, produce offspring and do the nasty (assuming McCain still can) on a regular basis, only a fool would think that there is no sharing of money. It don't work that way.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Like Hillary loaning her campaign millions?
No. Absolutely NOT. Hillary is a DEM. Only Republicans must make their whole family turn over their lives. DEMS get an exception.

Wasn't that long ago that it was uncovered that some Chinese guy was dummying up donations to Hillary's campaign, using other people's names. What was his name? Hsue? Something like that? So no, Hillary doesn't count. Only GOP.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I don't buy that for a minute. Not one. When 2 people are married, sleep together, produce offspring and do the nasty (assuming McCain still can) on a regular basis, only a fool would think that there is no sharing of money. It don't work that way.
No. They have never shared money! She pays her own way and he pays his!!! All hers and he gets nothing - not even a steak dinner at Morton's.

We are talking IRS docs here, not petty cash.

If Cindy wants to buy a mansion and John lives in it - so what? We are talking investments. Hello. Estate Planning 101.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Perhaps you've already forgotten the OP(reminder below) She has already been helping McCain financially. A private jet, a million here a million there, who knows what else is going on? A full disclosure is in order.

Quote:
For example, husband John McCain, when his campaign was struggling with money, was able to use a corporate jet owned by a private company headed by Cindy.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
That is easy to prove. Have they always filed separate returns? IS there a pre-nup agreement. I know many people who live like roommates and pay their bills out of their separate bank accounts. I would never do that but I am old school.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please email me your tax return.. Under your argument.. what do YOU have to hide?
ROFL!!! I am so right w/ you on that one, PGH. My IRS docs are mine. I am not sharing them w/ anyone. If my DH ran for office, and I filed separately, no one better be asking for my docs. I don't care if I made $2000 or $2M. That is my business.

And it is not even that a person has something to hide - unless you are a criminal, there are some things you do not have to SHARE.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
That is easy to prove. Have they always filed separate returns? IS there a pre-nup agreement. I know many people who live like roommates and pay their bills out of their separate bank accounts. I would never do that but I am old school.
Yes. This is public record. John had to sign a pre-nup. They have filed separately forever. She filed her own tax returns b/f they got married and has filed her own every year since.

Of course it does not matter about who pays the household expenses, etc, LOL. But when it comes to her inheritance and her investments, that is in a separate trust or some instrument - foundation - whatever - and she has filed separately FOREVER. This is a matter of public record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections