Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
This thread has done exactly what I had hoped it would do. For the first time, in a long time, I am seeing honest debate. If we get honest and discuss issues without blaming either party, but looking at what we have and working from here forward, just imagine what we can do as Americans. I don't think we'll ever see peaceful collition in DC again, but gee, I wish we could.

I don't want to see racism whether it being 90% of blacks voting for Obama or 70% of whites voting for Hillary. I don't want Keith Oberman busting a vein as he did tonight in criticising the President. I don't want anything but our govenment working to make our nations and not their personal wealth greater.

I do want to believe in government like "Mr. Smith" again. I want to keep my tax money home because what is good for Maine isn't necessarily good for Alaska. I don't want the 9th Circuit telling me I shouldn't believe in God Blessing America.

I just want to live in peace, work hard, and not be condemned for not wanting to share my earnings with someone who chose not to work. I don't mind helping those who need help, but not those who become drugged on welfare and meth too.
Commie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections